Loss of glove before retreiving gear from paint

[Post New]by dukes222222 on Jul 14, 11 7:26 PM
I used the glove to wipe away the cobwebs in the sewer, then it was gone. Can't get the gear out of the red paint now!!!!!!!!

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

Re:Post any F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tictacsix on Jul 14, 11 8:45 PM
Look at " Lost my gloves for the gear in the red paint??? Help ". It explains what to do in this situation. Hope this helps!

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Jul 15, 11 2:25 AM
ARETHORN wrote:Demo looks quite interesting but every time i stop playing it keeps taking me to the BiG Fish Web site.

Hah! That's not a bug, that's a feature!
And I H.A.T.E. it! Always makes a game a "no-buy" for me.
I mean, there is a "Buy this game" button in that GameManager you're forcing us to have, that's enough for me. Apart from that, I'm almost always offline when I'm playing games, so that searching for a website is really annoying. \rant over

akferret
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akferret on Jul 15, 11 4:32 AM
Only one, and I'm not sure it was a tech issue, might have been part of the game, but one minute I was in the morgue doing the photo puzzle and the next the screen was black, so I con alt del and shut it down, when I reloaded the game I was in the kitchen part and what had been in my inventory was gone, its like the game screwed up and skipped over something, otherwise its worked fine.

[Post New]by Barbface on Jul 15, 11 7:11 AM
I believe I'm near the end of the game and I tried to get the tweezers to take the key out of the burner and it said there was an error and now I'm unable to get the keyas I have no tweezers. Please tell me I don't have to start the game over again. Anyone else run into this problem?

Loss of glove before retreiving gear from paint

[Post New]by diannehaynes on Jul 15, 11 7:23 AM
dukes222222 wrote:I used the glove to wipe away the cobwebs in the sewer, then it was gone. Can't get the gear out of the red paint now!!!!!!!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 15, 11 9:26 AM
I didn`t even have a glove when I got rid of the cobwebs.

SPOILER ALERT

However, I am in the bonus game, and have added the light orange part of a speer that goes into the picture in the hall, and the game froze. So I have to restart the game, hope for the best, and will see what happens.

ETA: OK, alarm over. I restarted the computer, and got back into the bonus game, and - thank the gods - the cut scene which was supposed to come on but didn`t and instead the game froze, started up, and everything was OK. It had als been the end of the game. LOL

Edited on 07/15/2011 at 10:11:03 AM PST

[Post New]by scofield69 on Jul 15, 11 9:35 AM
I have done everything that has been said to do by Big Fish and here I am too with the same problem and now can not play any games.....

heartless500
Catfish
Catfish
1,605 Posts

[Post New]by heartless500 on Jul 15, 11 5:37 PM
Sweetpeches wrote:This is all fine and good, but why should I go through all this trouble because of one game? I've been getting these games for a long time and never encountered anything like this before. This one installation caused me to not be able to play ANY game. Once I did the sysyem restore, everything is back to normal..even had to re-download a game I previously had as a trial and purchased. Still, eveything works fine. Funny how so many people had this very same problem with this game.

"why" is because it is YOUR responsibility to keep YOUR computer up to date with the latest drivers and OS updates.
Dont blame any game company for whatever it is that keeps you from keeping your system updated. It is in your best interest to do so regularly.

or - go ahead, blame the game, the game distributor, the game developer, or whomever you wish to blame, dont update your system, and end up with a nasty virus/hacking script from visiting some innocuous looking website that is infected because they dont keep thier stuff updated either - all because you left yourself vulnerable by not doing updates regularly. Yeah, sounds like a plan to me...

have a wonderful day.

[Post New]by sarademeter on Jul 15, 11 7:45 PM
Just wondering if anyone is having issues moving the paper to get the last elavator button

penhaligon
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by penhaligon on Jul 15, 11 8:59 PM
Has anyone else had this problem? I closed then game and instead of saving my progress it opened back up to a much earlier place in the game when I went back to it. Any suggestions?

Nevan
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Nevan on Jul 16, 11 12:14 AM
I'm having a weird issue that I can't find anywhere else on the forum. When I got into Icarus's room, he talked to me, then disappeared and I was left with a **** list. Clicked on almost everything and NOTHING was being removed from my **** list. I used a hint (annoying) and it pointed to an item that I had already clicked on several times. I tried again, still no items removed from my **** list. I backed out of the room and went back in and now Icarus is standing there, with nothing to say, and I still can't click on any of the items on **** list (by saying I can't click, I mean I click the item and it doesn't disappear and remove itself from my **** list. I know I'm near the end and I will NOT be happy if I have to start all over.

It's very late so I'm shutting down for the night. Hopefully tomorrow after I restart it will be fixed.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Jul 16, 11 12:15 AM
I played this game on Win 7 and had no problems until the very end and it was minor. After placing the object on the stain glass the game froze. I did an ESC and closed the window, restarted the game and the final story end played. Game over!

I thoroughly enjoyed the play. Great work everyone.

elizacron
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by elizacron on Jul 16, 11 12:43 AM
I am so frustrated I also have the error when activating...now I cannot play ANY of my Big Fish games! They now say the same error 2....any help besides the windows update?? I don't have any windows updates. I am very bummed out, bought 2 games recently and cannot play any of them due to this.

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Jul 16, 11 12:46 AM
(canceled) never mind. I played until 1 AM and got too tired to read the strategy guide correctly.

Edited on 07/16/2011 at 1:35:56 AM PST

[Post New]by Sweetpeches on Jul 16, 11 7:29 AM
elizacron wrote:I am so frustrated I also have the error when activating...now I cannot play ANY of my Big Fish games! They now say the same error 2....any help besides the windows update?? I don't have any windows updates. I am very bummed out, bought 2 games recently and cannot play any of them due to this.

A LOT of people are having this issue with this game and regardless of what 'heartless500' says, my computer is always kept up to date and all my updates are done on time. This is an issue with this game. To the person above, I did a quick go back of 2 days and everything is fine. All games are playable. And, I did not attempt to re-download this game. I'll wait until all issues are taken care of. If something fixes it right off the bat, why go through all of those steps above. My computer tells me when updates/upgrades are ready to be installed and it's done right then. It doesn't pay to be mean to people because of one small game issue...and you have a nice day. This was not meant for the person with the above quote.

[Post New]by MagickUnicorns on Jul 16, 11 8:40 AM
2 Issues - first I can never find a button for starting a new post! Help? Second I also mistakenly used the glove to dust away the cobwebs and now don't have it to get the third gear. Kind of annoying that I have to start a new profile to restart the game. Otherwise I was liking this game. I also have not been buying a lot of collectors editions due to technical glitches.

[Post New]by grietu2 on Jul 16, 11 4:05 PM
i got an error error starting application, See log for details..What does this mean??And what can i do about this

[Post New]by MMForever on Jul 17, 11 11:03 AM
Doesn't work.....same error message keeps happening to this game AND Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts......I'm not even going to try another game. Bad move whatever you've done BF.

bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello everyone,

If you are receiving the "error unpacking" message and are on a Vista system, please check for any Windows updates on your system and this should help resolve the issue.

If you're having troubles downloading/installing the game, please take a look at this help article for some steps that might help:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=536">Problems Downloading or Installation Failed </a>

For any other or further issues that you experience, please get in touch with <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> with a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page">Dr. Felix report</a> and our reps can assist you with this game. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

guppy3
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by guppy3 on Jul 18, 11 9:26 AM
Sweetpeches wrote:I'm getting the same code 2 message. What bothers me is that I am unable to play ANY Bif Fish game now. That game is bad news. It needs to be fixed. I uninstalled the entire game 3 times and I still could not play any games..even games I've had for years. I finally did a system restore and got out of Big Fish right away. I'm afraid to download anything now. I'd like to know if it was just this particular game.

Is this solved yet? I've downloaded but not played yet because I would go crazy if I lost all my games. I have recently bought new computer and am unable to play a couple of old favorites (HE Amazon and Drawn Painted Tower, plus Hidden Mysteries (?) Salem Witch Trials. Sure don't want to lose what I have left and other new games. So, any solutions yet?

Go to: