Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:Review for F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jul 14, 11 6:44 AM
crazy8club,

The game manager seems to always say one hour of trial, for some reason.

But if you go to the Buy It / Try It page, it definitely says "Play the Free Sample Version".

A sample version always stops at a predetermined spot, whether you take 20 minutes to play to that spot or one hour.

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 6:44:31 AM PST

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Jul 14, 11 6:57 AM
@ VOGAT Thank you for your great games! And a BIG ""Thank You!!" for making the Mac version available at the same time as the PC version!

I love Vogat games and will purchase this one as a CE as soon as I can afford it!

VOGAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by VOGAT on Jul 14, 11 7:33 AM
crazy8club wrote:Hi Vogat and welcome to our little brook. I loved your game and was really into it.
Can you PM the names of your other games here.
thank you,

Hi Crazy8club,

We are very happy that you like our new game.

Vogat's recent games (I hope you'll like them too):
- Elixir of Immortality
- Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock
- Shades of Death: Royal Blood
- Reincarnations: Uncover the Past

- Dark Ritual
- Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone (this one for H0G lovers)

Thank you for your choice!

Cheers,

Askold & Vogat team

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jul 14, 11 7:47 AM
I enjoyed it. It took me the full hour & I don't know where the sample ends, but I didn't get to it. I played in casual mode as per my usual. Graphics were solid. The game filled my widescreen (16") I don't know if it normally would or if it was because I changed settings to "scale full screen" (right click your desktop about 2/3 of the way down click graphics options then select panel fit). Since I've done that more games have filled the widescreen. The hint system recharged quickly as did the skip button for the mini games.

I didn't encounter any issues downloading or while playing the game. I run windows 7 hp 64bit. While I enjoyed the game, I'll probably wait for the SE to come out. I'm not thrilled with it enough to pay the CE price.

To Vogat: thanks for making some solid and enjoyable games and thanks for putting in an appearance here.

Have Fun Y'all

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 14, 11 7:50 AM
thank you kind sir/mam.
now hopefully I haven't played the trial version yet.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jul 14, 11 8:05 AM
I played the demo in under an hour. There are just too many **** scenes. Why oh why does every new game have to be a HOG or a match 3. There was a couple of TM games but those too were boring. I am still waiting for an adventure game WITHOUT HOGs. It seems like ever since the first one came out and allot of us bought it and the developers saw that, they thought, why don't we make kazillions of these game, wheather all gamers like them or not because we're sure we'll get enough people who like them to make lots and lots of money. Why does money always have to come above people. I have lots of money but I don't ever put it above people. There, I vented.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jul 14, 11 8:07 AM
i have bought all the six games and played them again when i don't like the daily one ;i'll buy ,i think, the next one,with just a ten minutes try(for my computer is mathusalem one,and has sometimes few difficulties)but with confidence for quality and interest!
hannah,go to see the new Nancy Drew!pure adventure
if you likes puzzles hard and harder,play rhem(there is 4 games!) and i'm sure you'll loose all your hair!

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 8:10:43 AM PST

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by tredzwater on Jul 14, 11 8:27 AM
VOGAT wrote:Dear players,

Our team is very happy that you liked F.A.C.E.S. I'm sure you will enjoy additional huge CE chapter even more. We developed it during this spring and summer. So it is even much interesting and modern than SE chapters. I love this extra gameplay!

Cheers,

Askold

Askold, I love this game and I'm on my way to buy it as soon as I leave the forum. I like so many things about it that it would take too long to write and, contrary to some other opinions, I did get drawn into the story. This has not been the case with some of the recent offerings.

One suggestion I might make...please don't include multiple examples of the same type of objects (books, purses) and differentiate by color in the H0 list, i.e. "green bag". Monitors differ in their color display. I do a lot of photography and have my monitor set to commercial print standards and I couldn't find a green bag to save my life. The one that actually "worked" was brown on my monitor.

One thing I really hate is having multiple, same type items but having only one be clickable. You didn't commit that terrible "sin" , and I thank you for that, but relying on color might not be your best choice in future.

Outside of that, I love the game, especially the superior animations. Your rats are actually scary and the Beta Splendens was brilliantly fishy.

Well Done, Vogat!

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by tredzwater on Jul 14, 11 8:39 AM
hannah57 wrote:I played the demo in under an hour. There are just too many **** scenes. Why oh why does every new game have to be a HOG or a match 3. There was a couple of TM games but those too were boring. I am still waiting for an adventure game WITHOUT HOGs. It seems like ever since the first one came out and allot of us bought it and the developers saw that, they thought, why don't we make kazillions of these game, wheather all gamers like them or not because we're sure we'll get enough people who like them to make lots and lots of money. Why does money always have to come above people. I have lots of money but I don't ever put it above people. There, I vented.

Hannah, venting is good for the psyche. And, it's good for people who want to evaluate a game. Thanks for venting.

OTOH, I like HOG scenes. The more, the merrier. It's true that I've become addicted to the IHOG style of game and want some good adventure between HOGS and I no longer like the straight from-one-HOG-to-another but I am unhappy with games that play like straight adventure with a (very) few HOGS thrown in. A reasonable balance is nice because when I'm in the mood for H0s, that's what I want and when I'm in the mood for adventures...ditto.

As far as the money thingy...when has money not been a driving force in the world? Developers have to support their company. They have to pay programmers, composers, artists, actors and feed their children and they can't do this if no one buys their games. So...they produce what sells.

In fact, I think that these games are a classic example of perfect economics. Where else could a group of 20-somethings, usually in formerly repressive countries, get together and make a living while starting on a shoestring?

If you want more of your own preferred types of games, you just need to persuade bunches of people to buy them. Since I like both types and, in fact, any game that doesn't require shooting (my reflexes are lousy) the spurt in casual gaming is right up my alley.
Tredz

caseypup
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by caseypup on Jul 14, 11 9:41 AM
I NEVER buy CE games, but this one just looked too good to wait for, had to buy it now!!

harkonnen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by harkonnen on Jul 14, 11 9:49 AM
I am a fan of games with loads of H0 scenes, either straight HOGs or IHOGS/FROGS. I check reviews of games and when I see complaints of too many H0 scenes I always demo, or if there is a walkthrough/SG available I always count the number of H0 scenes (this one has 39 incl the bonus section). Less than 20 H0 scenes in a game and I will not even demo it as I find the adventure parts (wandering round picking up individual items or solving puzzles/doorlocks) very tedious.

This game has sufficient H0 scenes, good graphics and interesting story so is a definite buy for me.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 14, 11 10:01 AM
hannah57 wrote:I played the demo in under an hour. There are just too many **** scenes. Why oh why does every new game have to be a HOG or a match 3. There was a couple of TM games but those too were boring. I am still waiting for an adventure game WITHOUT HOGs. It seems like ever since the first one came out and allot of us bought it and the developers saw that, they thought, why don't we make kazillions of these game, wheather all gamers like them or not because we're sure we'll get enough people who like them to make lots and lots of money. Why does money always have to come above people. I have lots of money but I don't ever put it above people. There, I vented.

Hey Hannah57--It is certainly your privilege to "vent" about your choice for games! I'm just not too sure that F.A.C.E.S. is one with an overabundance of hidden-object scenes, though. This is a classic HOPA (Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure)--there is interaction with items, which also makes it an IHOG. We've probably got the best combination with this game. You really can't fault developers for creating what the gaming public desires, and right now, those desires seem to be HOPAs.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 14, 11 10:16 AM
crazy8club wrote:
Mr_Russ wrote:
Hi Vogat and welcome to our little brook. I loved your game and was really into it. I started the game at 7:37 am and it ended abruptly at 7:57 am.
Hi, Crazy8club. The trial is a sample version. It stops at a fixed point, however long it takes. Time is not mentioned.

I'm sorry, but it said trial one hour of playing.
This is what you need to go by -

Play the FREE sample version
(273.48 MB )

Time isn't mentioned.

One day the Game Manager will catch up.

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 10:16:52 AM PST

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 14, 11 10:28 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
crazy8club wrote:
Mr_Russ wrote:
Hi Vogat and welcome to our little brook. I loved your game and was really into it. I started the game at 7:37 am and it ended abruptly at 7:57 am.
Hi, Crazy8club. The trial is a sample version. It stops at a fixed point, however long it takes. Time is not mentioned.

I'm sorry, but it said trial one hour of playing.
This is what you need to go by -

Play the FREE sample version
(273.48 MB )

Time isn't mentioned.

One day the Game Manager will catch up.

Now you think that is possible. I hate when I am in a game and on a roll and then BANG, it ends. makes me so mad I either want to or you got it, the big Firetruck word

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jul 14, 11 10:40 AM
I LOVE this game! It's engrossing from the get go, has a ton of hidden object scenes which I think is fantastic and the objects are not hard to see just very cleverly hidden. The only thing that concerns me is the length. I was almost done with chapter 2 at the end of the trial and there's 6 chapters plus the bonus content. I'm on the fence with this one.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 14, 11 11:05 AM
Good graphics, mediocre music, so so game play. I'll probably buy it as my only real objection is the Asylum setting. Dark games are beginning to take over and I just prefer happy, comedic game. Just a personal preference. I Don't particularly care for macabre or horror movies.
Try for yourself.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Jul 14, 11 11:16 AM
Too many spiders. Vogat's Reincarnations game was beautiful but had too many spiders (I had to get my husband to pass one hidden object scene for me, gave me a heart attack).

From what I played, the game seemed ok but I got to the hidden object scene on the wheelchair and one was crawling and that was enough for me. I closed the game. I can try to not look at it but then I'm tense playing the game. The scorpion was about all I could handle.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jul 14, 11 12:14 PM
VOGAT wrote:
crazy8club wrote:Hi Vogat and welcome to our little brook. I loved your game and was really into it.
Can you PM the names of your other games here.
thank you,

Hi Crazy8club,

We are very happy that you like our new game.

Vogat's recent games (I hope you'll like them too):
- Elixir of Immortality
- Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock
- Shades of Death: Royal Blood
- Reincarnations: Uncover the Past

- Dark Ritual
- Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone (this one for H0G lovers)

Cheers,

Askold & Vogat team

I have all of them. Just bought this one too. Keep them coming. Beautiful graphics, good game play, good music etc. Thank you for all of your hard work to create a really great game.

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Jul 14, 11 12:32 PM
Kudos Vogat , Also Kudos to BFG. Another really great game. . Love all your games Vogat, and BF. Thanks again.

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Jul 14, 11 12:52 PM
I disagree with Hannah and agree with Tredzwater and Elldee. There can never be too many H0 games. I am not good at TMs or LFAs, and half a dozen M3 or Mahjongg games are quite enough. I have played this game ALL DAY, and was relieved to have the Strategy Guide handy several times. Don't normally buy CEs, but the Bonus chapter is an integral part of the story, and brings it to a satisfactory conclusion. Serious kudos to Vogat for another great HOG adventure.

Go to: