Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by Michou3 on Jul 17, 11 9:23 AM
I am able to download the game and start "playing", but within seconds, parts of the screen become "fuzzy", making it impossible to distinguish anything. I can't read the comment written in that area, or read what task lies ahead... with this partial fuzziness, it is impossible to play the game.

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by stesan on Jul 17, 11 9:34 AM
I am having the same problem, game won't start. I have vista.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jul 17, 11 10:25 AM
I'm running Windows 7 and downloaded first the trial version, then bought it and downloaded the exceptionally LARGE full version.

I was doing fine until I got to Mexico. I wanted to exit the game for a while to get some work done, exited through the menu and thought it closed down. Yet, when I came back and went to start afresh, I got the message that a game was already in progress and I couldn't start a second game. I had to restart my computer to fully exit the game and start back up.

Now I've been playing for a little while. When I first started Mexico, I'd looked at the tree, noticed the mushrooms, picked them and noticed the sap flowing. However, now that I need said mushrooms, they aren't in the bowl, they aren't in my inventory and they aren't on the tree. I have the spigot in the hole in the tree and it's dripping sap into the bowl which never fills. Apparently the mushrooms got lost when the game wouldn't fully exit.

While I love the CE games, I've noticed that they keep getting bigger and bigger. My system isn't that old and I have the most RAM I could buy with it. But I sincerely think the game size is affecting both my problems and those others are having with even getting it to download or start up.

[Post New]by MMForever on Jul 17, 11 10:34 AM
I'm getting the error message when installing "Error while unpacking program, code 2. Please report to author." Message appears twice when installing and then when I try to open game the same message appears. This is also happening for FACES. Guess I won't be spending $30 this weekend to play my games. Your loss, not mine. I'm not even going to bother trying any other games.

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Jul 17, 11 10:36 AM
I, too, cannot launch this game. I've downloaded it twice and reboted my computer 3 times! What's up, Big Fish?

quetha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by quetha on Jul 17, 11 10:38 AM
Trial loaded fine however when trying to play the screen is offset to the right by about 1/3rd and readjusting my computer's resolution does nothing to correct this. What resolution is everybody else running, we have Windows 7 SP1.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jul 17, 11 10:40 AM

The game downloaded fine, however when I clicked on the game in the game manager it said it was already running a game. When I went to my task manager it only showed the game manager running - I had it stop and reopened the game manager with the same results. I closed the game manager for the third time and this time I double clicked on the icon on the desk top and it opened fine and I was able to play the game.

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Jul 17, 11 10:58 AM
Can't get started. If I click twice says game is running but it's NOT!!! Disappointing.

Jaiquithe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Jaiquithe on Jul 17, 11 11:12 AM
Can't get mine to run either...I uninstalled, cleaned the computer, reinstalled...same thing as everyone else here...the screen flashes to black, then goes to either the 60 minutes remaining screen or the purchase screen.

Frustrating. Oh, I run XP...never had this problem before.

[Post New]by Intrepid_51 on Jul 17, 11 11:12 AM
I'm having the same issue with the trial version of the game not launching and getting the "game running" message.But when I tried uninstalling from the BFG manager it didn't work and It won't even let me uninstall from my CP. Both options say to "close game". first. Well how the hell do I do that? I'm running Windows XP Pro w/ IE 7. argh!
Very frustrating and very disappointing!!! Has anybody found a fix yet?

fishter
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by fishter on Jul 17, 11 11:34 AM
Dresdin wrote:I am having the same problem, game won't start.

I too am having the same problem. The game will not start. I have done the same things that everyone else has done to try and remedy the problem. No...Go......

HELP!

harrold
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by harrold on Jul 17, 11 11:53 AM
i cannot play this game as it comes up saying it is infected with a virus. have tried twice.to download it.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 17, 11 11:54 AM
Installed and uninstalled several times. The game manager still shows game needs activation. Just trying to demo game. 4th attempt to activate from game manager and new message states needs password but will not accept.

This is soooo frustrating.

Win 7
new computer

[Post New]by heatherington on Jul 17, 11 12:11 PM
I'm in Antartica and I just got done doing the three slider puzzles. I clicked on the SG and it told me I needed to have collected keys from the three puzzles. When I backed away from the far back door and clicked on ANY of the three tanks with the people in them the game just throws me out. I did not pass GO and I certainly did not collect $200. Just a sweet wham! Your out! staring at your desktop and wondering what the heck just happened. I did it two or three times just to make sure I hadn't hit a key or clicked on something by mistake. So I cannot continue.

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Jul 17, 11 1:07 PM
Same problem...I am curently re-installing to see if that helps. I also beta tested this game - or tried to- but had the same problem at that time so I could not actually test the game..I advised the developers of this problem then - which I believe was back in January or february

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Jul 17, 11 1:18 PM
When assembling the gun in the Storage Area, it requires the use of a 'rubber band', besides the other items. Those 'other' items I had in my Inventory, and although I was going by the Strategy Guide, I did not have the required 'rubber band'.

[Post New]by 4myDestiny on Jul 17, 11 1:24 PM
I have tried to play this game from the Trial download and can't. It just keeps going back to the "60 minutes remaining" screen. I have restarted my computer and am having the same problem. Can you please help, as I was looking forward to playing this game.

I had that same problem, but solved it by opening the BF Game Manager and starting the game from there. Hope that works for you too.

UPDATE: Strike that solution! I played the demo fine, bought the game... and now can't get the game to launch... again! :-(

Edited on 07/17/2011 at 4:02:38 PM PST

DarleneO
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by DarleneO on Jul 17, 11 1:26 PM
The game plays fine, however any video that is played are fuzzy lines.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 17, 11 1:52 PM
Hey fishies!

If you're having troubles getting your game to launch, please give the steps in the following help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're receiving an error message that states "Error while unpacking program, code 2" and are on a Windows Vista system, please be sure to check for a Windows update and upgrade to Service Pack 2 (SP2). You can also do this manually via Microsoft's site.

If your game still isn't running properly after completing these steps, or if you're experiencing a different technical issue and are unable to find an answer in our Help pages, please contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

bpfrimmer
Clownfish
Clownfish
698 Posts

[Post New]by bpfrimmer on Jul 17, 11 2:07 PM
I am having the same trouble as everyone else. Cannot play after downloading and I have a new computer with win 7.

Go to: