Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Re:Comments for A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories

[Post New]by Imberis on Jul 19, 11 12:49 AM
I said I'd demo it, but man, what a mistake. Same HdO user interface (which I find to be pretty awful). Same overly-photoshopped-looking scenes. Same awful HdO game in general. No thank you.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 19, 11 12:56 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:
elldee2728 wrote:(clipped)
(The alleged developers of this apparently have a proven track record--some people believe that track is run by candlelight in a basement, using paint-by-numbers kits.)

Hi there Elldee,
This section is priceless!! Do you mind if I add it to my list of "great quotes from others for maybe use at another time" (of course with proper reference to yourself)?
Cheers

Hey D-L-Oz--I'd be honored! I always feel a bit of remorse when I make remarks about a product, but, if there were a Casual Games Hall of Shame, this developer may just warrant its own Wing.

Regards, elldee

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 19, 11 1:00 AM
Oh Elldee, another offering to my list
"a Casual Games Hall of Shame, this developer may just warrant its own Wing. "
DLO

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jul 19, 11 1:05 AM
Well - I took one for the Team, I bit the Bullet, and Faced the Music. Took the Plunge and Jumped in at the Deep End!

This is Anuman/Solilab/HdO Adventure - enough said!! No - you want MORE

Right - After suffering trying to get my name in that backwards/forwards type interface - I was then confronted with a MAP - I then had to 'point out' umpteen buildings etc, and after doing that I then had to find all the Metro lines that connected them.

7 Minutes in Purgatory is enough for me today - Thank you - Over and Out! I won't do a review (as such) it doesn't deserve one

Kel

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 19, 11 1:07 AM
As there is no review thread I will post here .

THIS IS A MOVING SCREEN GAME FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO GET NAUSEOUS and you have to move it from side to side to reveal the hidden objects.

Well this is the first time that I have ever incurred the bad click penalty ON THE VERY FIRST SCENE TRYING TO FIND THE VERY FIRST OBJECT and all just because I didn't know what the buildings looked like ... I only know Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower and thus incurred the penalty again on the same scene before they were all identified.

I eventually got the map sorted and the subway system sorted and caught the train to my destination. During the course of the first hidden object scene I incurred the click penalty again this time because I clicked on the scooter ... which is what we, in England, call that large 2 wheel passenger carrying vehicle in the forefront of the scene. DH has just told me that that we also called them Vespa's but they are definitely SCOOTERS. It turned out that the one you were looking for is the kid's toy type which is practically invisible on the railings.

The next scene was to find about 17 aubergines and numerous other vegetables and that is when I packed up because I was not in the slightest bit interested in finding them and anyone that wants to use the last 37 minutes of my demo time is very welcome.

For the record I found the music to be oppressive and totally unsuitable for the part of the game that you were playing.

HdO you can keep your click penalties and your game.

Cherb

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jul 19, 11 1:09 AM
Sucktastic. if you consider figuring out a Paris subway map to be oodles of fun, go for it. Otherwise, give this game a miss; it's not worth your time.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 19, 11 1:09 AM
Well, it seems that I should follow the advice of my "secret source (not Mudrock or Murdoch) and head off to replay-land.
Thanks also to gpherder, WolfenRaindancer, grannyq, nelliegemini, LovetoMissLisa, dobbiemijnboekje, vicalana, Streifenbarbe, Imberis (and others who have posted whilst I was typing) for helping to confirm "our" suspicions.
Hmm, a petition to BFG about not releasing any more of these games would be nice - but probably wasted on the PTBs in light of the fact that they have an agreement to publish them. I suppose this was a quick fix for SE offerings for H0 fans.
I'm off for the evening - so over for the rest of you to keep this going - and don't forget to publish your "Reviews" in the official Review thread.
Cheers

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 1:10:36 AM PST

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Jul 19, 11 1:16 AM
I hate to say this BFG, this game stinks. Got to the part where you have to draw the still life, no matter what you do you can't win. Got so frustrated I deleted it. This is absolutly the worst game ever

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 19, 11 1:17 AM
PS, for those of you who managed to get off the station there is a post for help in the forum - if you can help please do so.
Bye

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jul 19, 11 1:18 AM
cherbtoo wrote:
The next scene was to find about 17 aubergines and numerous other vegetables and that is when I packed up because I was not in the slightest bit interested in finding them and anyone that wants to use the last 37 minutes of my demo time is very welcome.

Cherb

I can beat that and raise you 53 minutes of play left!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 19, 11 1:24 AM
To be fair I don't think this game is as bad as other HdO offerings, and I was getting into it. Lasted 50 minutes too. But then a drawing that I couldn't get to do anything as had nothing to draw with :-(
Music ok, graphics not bad, hidden objects mainly better than random junk pile. My pet hate is the white light pointing out what you need to do in most HOG scenes. If they'd not existed, and I could fathom the drawing I would have bought this game.
It is the extended version and has timed or casual mode!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 19, 11 1:25 AM
Hey Kel, Cherb, and our other brave troops who confronted the "...Paris Stories" beast--if this were the military, I'd put you all in for Bronze Star Medals for your heroism in the face of nearly-insurmountable odds!

I Salute You! Regards, elldee

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 19, 11 1:34 AM
Against my better judgement I did demo this game. Wasted my time. Has this game been offered before? My name was all ready typed in the profile.

I still like hog games but this dev just makes it impossible to like this game. The beginning of the game was slow go and not very interesting. Getting lost in the station was it for me. Have no idea what the storyline is and really dont care.

No buy for me.

Happy game day to all fishies

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Jul 19, 11 1:38 AM
belamba wrote:To be fair I don't think this game is as bad as other HdO offerings, and I was getting into it. Lasted 50 minutes too. But then a drawing that I couldn't get to do anything as had nothing to draw with :-(
Music ok, graphics not bad, hidden objects mainly better than random junk pile. My pet hate is the white light pointing out what you need to do in most HOG scenes. If they'd not existed, and I could fathom the drawing I would have bought this game.
It is the extended version and has timed or casual mode!

I agree. Not as bad as some other HdO games.

***SPOILER***: wait until a light shows up on easel then click on canvas. Game automatically 'draws' for you.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Jul 19, 11 1:39 AM
Woops! Downloaded before I read the reviews so my "torture" was self inflicted.
I really hate these HdO games, all that swinging about makes me feel really sick!
They are also incredibly badly made.
By the way, a Vespa is a make of scooter, like a Ford is a make of car, so they even got a bit of free advertising in for someone!

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Jul 19, 11 1:42 AM
OMG!! What can I say to this "game" - what game?

This latest offering from BF is annoying and cheap.

I felt sea-sick at the first scene with everything moving about when I moved the cursor.

Then we are presented with a map depicting a thousand railway lines (cartoon style) its our job to find Line 1, Line 10, Line.... well you get the idea.

I persevered to give it a fair go and it just gets Worse. Frustrating even.

Do we have to wait to this Thursday for a decent Hidden Object Adventure game - will this be the trend? I am so disappointed.

I am a regular customer and Member of BF but I am also becoming Disenchanted With The Latest Offerings from BF - I WANT to buy games but am not able to.. will things improve??

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 19, 11 1:45 AM
I gave up after finding the needed vegetables ! What a dreadful game, find the metro lines by their numbers, how clever and what's the point ?, they are all written down thanks God, lived and worked for years in Paris and always called them by their name. And find the monuments, plain stupid. The only part I enjoyed a bit was travelling in the metro,reminded me of my youth, but that doesn't make up for a game. As Cherb did I kept clicking on the big scooter in front, and the one you had to find was tiny and stuck on a railing, wouldn't have seen it, even with a magnifying- glass, couldn't find the pail as I didn't realized you could move to the sides. You've got 3 hints (used 2 !) but if you use one you still have to wait for it to refill even though you've got spare ones.
Wonder why Mudrock was so thrilled about this game, I'm not even sure one can call that a game. So I will keep my pc credits, this game isn't even worth a DD.

Planes are not allowed to fly above Paris, only on the 14th of July for the parade, but even then they're not allowed to fly over Montmartre....so what was this plane doing there ?

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 1:46:09 AM PST

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Jul 19, 11 1:47 AM
Well, I better not to try this game .

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 19, 11 1:47 AM

I agree. Not as bad as some other HdO games.

***SPOILER***: wait until a light shows up on easel then click on canvas. Game automatically 'draws' for you.

I did that, but still nothing happened afterwards. Just a bit of paper with some vague outlines. I clicked til I could click no more :-)) Maybe its a glitch.....??

SoozUSA
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by SoozUSA on Jul 19, 11 2:03 AM
I should have checked here first to see that it was an HdO. Now I'm hoppin' mad I DLed this piece of trash and BFG can count it as one of their gazillion downloads.

Go to: