Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Reviews for A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jul 19, 11 8:06 AM
praireraven wrote:if this is so bad ,the next ones have got to be an inprovment
lets hope

Haven't been yet. And since they're older games, just "new" to
this site, they're already made, just awaiting release.

Didn't want to have you hoping for too much.

foal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by foal on Jul 19, 11 8:23 AM
I don't usually comment on the games, but this one is terrible I would not bother with it if it was free.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jul 19, 11 8:27 AM
jerseyd1 wrote:Maybe, since there are SO many negative reviews and comments for this developer, BFG would be wise to take a pass on all future games from them. Hint.

Hi jerseyd - Every HdO game has had bad reviews (from what I can remember) and BFG haven't passed on any yet! What makes you think they would do so in future!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 19, 11 8:27 AM
Totally agree with you foal. Welcome to the pond.

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Jul 19, 11 9:55 AM
This game is horrible! I tried for 10 minutes to get interested in this game and I failed....I just couldn't go on. Please no more games like this.

Xmas3kds
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Xmas3kds on Jul 19, 11 10:51 AM
I agree...a HORRIBLE game, the same problems as with others by this developer. From the start, just trying to get into the game, then the awful subway mess, and it got worse from there! BFG, stop giving us games from this group...I gave up after 15 minutes and would never, ever consider buying this!

[Post New]by betsnjeffsgram on Jul 19, 11 11:06 AM
What a dumb game. After 15 minutes I had to get out of this mess. At first I
thought I was losing it, not being able to get to the right destination. I'm glad
everyone else thinks it's dumb too. You couldn't pay me to go back and finish
this game.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jul 19, 11 11:08 AM
Where is Vogat when you need them? How could BF ever, ever get into an agreement with this game developer??????? I believe everyone has stated this is HdO and they are horrible to say the least. Please, please stop distributing these games. Read the reviews. My question is where are they getting their employees??? I have high school students who could do a better job in game development than these guys.

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Jul 19, 11 11:13 AM
Once you figure out how to get thru subway its still not a very exciting game/
i started off in timed mode wow is that a farce you get a couple of minutes to find things that are hard to find and can add time onto that if you can find stars which give you an extra 30 seconds or so and they are hard to find so you waste time finding those/ then you get 10 seconds to find the inventory item which is a flash of light if you see it fast enough. Then you get a mini game with lots of instruction but still hard to figure out, like the painting I was trying to draw the items i could barely see finally figured it out after i got frustrated and just clicked on it to see what would happen.

I bought the game because i had a credit , i didnt try it first usually like the vampire series, this is nothing like the ones i have, but i will finish it. maybe it will get better and i will end up not so bored with where i am at now

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 19, 11 11:38 AM
You've got to be kidding! Really bad game even for HdO. In my opinion not even if BF offered to give me free games for a year could I finish this game.

[Post New]by iampeacewalker on Jul 19, 11 11:42 AM
I am with the rest of you
I sure hope BFG wisens up with these HdO games...grrrrrr
clunky non resposive buttons chasing around in the subway and getting no where
these are not fun games nor are they a good challenge
got a group of duds with HdO

dizzypd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by dizzypd on Jul 19, 11 11:46 AM
Played demo 15mins never been so bored what a rubbish game

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 19, 11 11:48 AM
I'm going to have to buck the review trend with this one and say that I really enjoyed the demo of this game and will be getting it.

I am a Francophile so I enjoy games that involve France. I'm also the kind of person who loves maps and will just enjoy tracing routes out on them even if I'm not going anywhere, so this game is right up my alley. I thought the photographic style graphic were interesting, and I liked the ablility to move left or right in a scene; just enough movement to make it interesting but not bother my equilibrium.

I actually liked the map at the beginning of the game teaching you the main sights of the city of Paris. The items were easy to pick out as long as you could tell north from south, etc. The images resembled the items you were looking for so it wasn't hard to find a column or Notre Dame. Having to use the subway to get to the various locations is interesting and it is familiarizing me with the Parisian subway system routes, something that I don't know much about, so I'm learning something too. It's also giving me a better sense of "place" of the city. I don't mind backtracking or having to use the same routes; I have a passing acquaintance with the NYC subway system so I know how convoluted some of the access methods are. So far I've been managing to get to the places I need to go just by remembering how I got where I was in the first place and by checking the subway map. It's really not as difficult or confusing as some are saying.

The H0 games are either of the find various items type or find multiples of certain types (10 eggplants, 6 radishes, etc.). In the H0, some of the items were small or blended in well.

I enjoyed the puzzles I came across so far: a Match-3, a slider, the painting (even though that one confused me a bit - SPOILER: I thought I was supposed to trace the lines instead of just clicking on the item I was directed to), and a sorting puzzle.

I played in the untimed mode but there is also a timed mode. In the mode I was playing, you can earn extra hints by completing the puzzles and by clicking a gold star that appears in some scenes. Your Hint meter shows the amount of hints you have available for the entire game, and you can hold a maximum of six, but if you use them, you can replenish them, so that doesn't seem to be a stumbling block.

I managed to get as far as the character's second day in Paris, at the celebration on the Champs d'Elysees

[Post New]by OneEcho on Jul 19, 11 11:49 AM
don't usually comment but had to as this game is just awful. I've always finished every demo i download but this one got deleted after 30 mins.

The storyline (what storyline?) is dull and so slow to start you've past the point of caring. The main character is annoying. The controls are clunky and dated and the mini games (what there are of them) are boring. And don't get me started on the zoom function. Just an awful, awful game.

My favourites are the James Patterson ones, those are some quality hidden object games. I need a new one.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jul 19, 11 12:00 PM
HdO? No thanks, already got one...

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Jul 19, 11 12:09 PM
Read the reviews and thought I'd give it a go. Shouldn't have bothered. Normally I plod on through more than ten minutes. However, the underground map was a waste of time. No instructions at all as far as I could see. I worked out what I was supposed to do but got fed up changing platforms. Nope not for me. Haven't had a good game for ages.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 19, 11 12:16 PM
Graphics – 1 stars
Story – 1 stars
Music/Sounds – 1 stars
Gameplay – 1 stars
Overall – 1 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Jul 19, 11 12:54 PM
Whew! I'm sure glad I didn't make this game. I would be hanging my head in shame. Awful aint the word for it. I am gald some of you like it but give me a little more excitement, and chalenge me. (with a little help with a w/t.) Enjoy out there those that like the game. But as for me uhuh-nope don't think so ,I'm outta here.!!!

[Post New]by sissey64 on Jul 19, 11 1:38 PM
Most annoying game i have ever played, Very SSSSSSSSSLLLLOOOWW. Will not purchase. I have never commented on a game , but found I had to on this one "It was so bad"

jynxy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jynxy on Jul 19, 11 2:09 PM
thanks fishies for such honest reviews....I'm glad I checked here first before even downloading the demo....I agree with everything said about Hd0 games and will not be wasting my time, energy or money on this one.

Go to: