Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edit

[Post New]by mamacat2many on Jul 21, 11 10:57 AM
Another bleeping game that won't work. And I know it is not my system I had it checked as I thought it was. What is up with Big FIsh. Me very disappointed in them right now. Mama Cat

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edit

[Post New]by Wakame on Jul 21, 11 1:02 PM
Not for me this one. Gave up after ten minutes. The delay with every scene change and the pseudo-scientific analysis bit at the beginning really irritated me.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jul 21, 11 1:32 PM
Have played half of the game and I really like it but not enough to buy it at the CE price. I always enjoy games that have New Orleans theme.. I will put it on my short list of SE's when it comes out in a month..

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Jul 21, 11 3:22 PM
I lasted 30 minutes before I lost interest. The developers must have had an overdose of ego to think that this game could come even a tiny bit close to a 'Collectors Edition'. It's alright I guess, I would continue if I had nothing else to play, but I do, so I won't.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jul 21, 11 4:50 PM
I'm sorry but ....I can't justify paying that amount of money for a 1/2 way decent game any longer .... I rather be bored then broke .... & you can take that to the bank ...I have 1 credit & have no where to put it (?) !!!!!!!

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Jul 21, 11 5:19 PM
This game is just OK. Im tired of old dressed up puzzles in new wrapping. That PSI thing was creative thinking but very elementary in reality. Picking things off from top to bottom is also Old School. Skip when finished or skip completely was confusing to me. The graphics were beautiful. Had high powered CPU and RAM but had no umph. Could have had boat moving and more action with the truck lift. Some scenes were very beautiful and laid out nice but there was nothng to do there or very little. Overall it was not a bad game. I may be just getting tired of constellations. Used to pickaxes, screwdrivers, clippers, things crashing etc. LOL.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edi

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jul 21, 11 6:37 PM
mamacat2many wrote: Another bleeping game that won't work. And I know it is not my system I had it checked as I thought it was. What is up with Big FIsh. Me very disappointed in them right now. Mama Cat

You might be pleasantly surprised by the help you will get if you take a few moments to send an inquiry to Customer Support with a Dr. Felix report. If you run the Dr. Felix right after you have a problem, it gives the Tech Support people a better idea of why the problem happened. Everyone's computer is set up a little different from anyone else's. We all have a different combination of a particular version of OS, security software, other programs, processor, etc. I have had problems from time to time, and the BFG Support staff has been amazing with the troubleshooting they have provided.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Jul 21, 11 6:41 PM
Wow, I usually like the games this dev puts out, but for some reason I found this game to be boring. I felt like I was was running around a lot, but not sure why!

Don't get me wrong I like hogs, but not when they are for filling up time or at least that is how it struck me.

I usually do not have sound on, but since it says to leave it on to have the full experience I did.....um still waiting for something to happen or experience! lol

Finally, this will be a short game for me and I was taking my time because the graphics are very nice.

Not sure I will buy this game even as a SE.

I give this game a 3 out of 5

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edi

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 21, 11 7:01 PM
Well I broke down and decided to buy this and my overall grades for this game are as follows:

Graphics: A: I found to be very well done.

Story: B: Kept me interested up until the very end as I wanted to see how it ended.

Music: A Nothing irritating here. I thought it fit the game.

Puzzles: I know there are some puzzle lovers here I'm sure but I'm not one of them. I don't much care for puzzles in ANY game so I'll leave it at that. LOL! I did do some and skipped some. As mentioned earlier the skip did get confusing cause on some of them when you hit "skip" you actually are taken through a few more of those same puzzles before you can actually "skip" the whole puzzle.

HOG Scenes: C : On my monitor found this to be dark some of them so I had to go into my settings and do some tweaking.

Game Play: B I will admit I did get stumped a couple of times and had to refer to the strategy guide a couple of times. I also found the game to have A LOT of running around and back tracking. I needed more than one pair of sneakers. The hint is quick on charging back up I also found that if you click on the hint outside of a HOG scene it will give you a clue on what to do/go to next.

Overall: B I wouldn't consider this one of my best game plays ever but I found it to be a fun and interesting game.

Is it worth the CE price? Well for me I got about 4 - 5 hours out of it including the bonus (epilogue) cause I'm a pokey game player. I poke around and check everything out. No need to rush so I wouldn't say I regretted buying it but I will agree that for CE price this game should of had characters talking.

Give it a whirl however as I'm in no way implying that you will like this game or not like it. Just my opinion of the game.

Happy gaming

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 7:09:59 PM PST

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Jul 21, 11 7:13 PM
Just read the reviews and I am not sure I even want to try this game. What is going on with BF lately....Ihave been playing at another site until BF finall gets its act together!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 21, 11 8:00 PM
Don't understand why so many people seem to have so many problems. Been a member for over a year and have only had a couple of problems, which were fixed quickly, with a couple of games. Anyway, nice graphics and game play. HOGs very easy, games very easy, not many snakes so far. Would be good game for a beginner, but too easy for me and not what I would say was worth a CE price. No buy for me either.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Jul 21, 11 8:30 PM
Loved the game! A complete day of enjoyment what more could one desire?

The art work was superb. New Orleans and the Bayou never looked so well. The game was cleverly designed. Puzzles not too difficult to make you want to skip. Music quite fitting. The CE version was well worth the purchase. This game will surely have a sequel.

My hats off to the creative team -- good work. Thanks BF for bringing us this game.

Fisher's if you choose to play this game I hope you enjoy as much as I did.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jul 22, 11 1:27 AM
Great game BF! I was disappointed when the demo finished again before the 60 minutes was up which I hate! (I think we deserve the whole 60 mins. as promised).
But anyway, the graphics were great, I don't know what happened to the sound, but the **** games were fairly easy. The story line seemed to be good. I wish I could play more. I would definitely but it, but it's a CE and as someone else had mentioned before there have been so many lately and they are expensive. But they all look so good! (I'm on disability because of an autoimmune disease, so I have to watch my spending wisely.) But I would rate it a 9 out of 10.

[Post New]by bigmama3636 on Jul 22, 11 1:38 AM
I liked it enough to purchase it. Better not be a short game or I'll be right p'oed.

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Jul 22, 11 10:15 AM
I agree, not really up to CE standard. No choice of difficulty that I noticed - don't want to have sparkly bits. Puzzles way too easy. Got a bit confused here and there, but all in all, liked the storyline - reminded me of something, but darned if I can think what. Will put it on my list for future purchase on SE probably.
Oh yeh - and it prompts you at the beginning to play with sound for the best effect - WHY?

Edited on 07/22/2011 at 10:16:51 AM PST

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Jul 22, 11 11:44 AM
dancemom1 wrote:Don't understand why so many people seem to have so many problems. Been a member for over a year and have only had a couple of problems, which were fixed quickly, with a couple of games. No buy for me either.

How many games and what kind have you bought so far dancemom?

dash44
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by dash44 on Jul 22, 11 1:21 PM
Boring and I won't buy because it isn't made for wide screen. Waste of money for CE.

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Jul 22, 11 3:55 PM
Good game, with nice graphics and decent sountrack. Bonus game made up for what seemed like a shorter than usual CE game.
Puzzles were good, and not too hard. Story line decent.
Built in Guide and fast hints for impatient people like me.
No technical issues whatsoever on my Win7 pc.
Nice mix of adventure,puzzles, and HOGs.
Non CE buyers will find a longer play time, I was done in about 4hours of intermittent playing.
Worth the price for me.
Thanks BFG!

HOaddict
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by HOaddict on Jul 22, 11 5:47 PM
As fussy as I am, I was tempted not to try this game b/o the reviews. I did try it and thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with this game. The graphics are outstanding and the plot was an integral part of the game progression. The HOG scenes were well done and usually appropriate in size. The puzzles did not stand alone, but again were an integral part of the plot. I purchased the CE edition and do not regret it.

The game involves approx. 4 hours of game play not counting the bonus section. Cannot comment on the music in that I had the sound turned down. Unusual "kit" sits in the lower right corner and utilized to analyze retrieved "glowing" objects in order to produce a potion or reproduce a mystery object.

Puzzles are "so-so" but doable (did not skip any).

I'm a happy fishie with this game. On scale of 1-5 would rate it 3.8

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on Jul 22, 11 7:55 PM
ok BF, this is getting a bit old, too many CE games and not enough SE games, i'm with OLDBAY, i've got 1 more credit to use before the end of the month and don't have anything to use it on, i WILL NOT be buying another CE game this month, just one more game to buy and i will have two punchcards, come on BF give us a break, not a happy camper right now, guess i will go on playing some of my old games until something good comes out, it's saturday night and 90 degrees outside i just knew i would be playing a nice game to cool me off, oh well, fool me again

Go to: