Bevcat07
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here on

[Post New]by Bevcat07 on Jul 21, 11 4:41 PM
The game downloaded ok but would not activate 2 sets of errors 206-600 and 803-400 tried all the help notes but it's not worth all the trouble, hope someone can get something done about all the imperfect games lately

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here o

[Post New]by franbab on Jul 21, 11 5:29 PM
abbotsford wrote:The cursor does not work on this game. Seems a lot of people have the same problem. Does anyone check these games before posting them?

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here on

[Post New]by franbab on Jul 21, 11 5:34 PM
Yes, I have problems with the cursor also. It is acting like jello; wabble, wabble!

The game also seems to take a long time to react to commands. Frustrating if you ask me.

Seems to me I have more problems with the games recently. Are they thoroughly tested before being put on the market?

LadyReah
Herring
Herring
372 Posts

[Post New]by LadyReah on Jul 21, 11 5:59 PM
My cursor is acting like a 2 year old. Running wildly everywhere but where I want it to go. Disabling the custom cursor helped me regain control, but when I got to the first minigame, the cells/microbes it rarely registered a good click. It takes literally dozens of clicks to register one good one.

This was a problem in the beta of this game and it looks like the developers have chosen to ignore it. Hope they don't mind if I ignore their outstretched hand wanting my gaming money.

[Post New]by dmatelan on Jul 21, 11 7:24 PM
Well,most of you can at least see the game - all I get is a bunch of red,white, blue and yellow blocks! I run Chrome and have never encountered this issue before. Tried uninstalling, switched out of full screen - nothing. Guess I won't be trying this one after all!

niki93
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by niki93 on Jul 21, 11 8:38 PM
has anyone have trouble with this game kicking you out? II have been kick out all day at different points.....

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here o

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Jul 21, 11 9:31 PM
kneehigh56 wrote:I start the game......go to exit that scene via left side of screen an game starts over again....and same thing happens with right side of screen....has taken all of my demo jus re-playin first scene and going out of game an coming back in and re-playing first scene......what is going on?????? lately these new games have all had a technical problem!!!!!!

Same problem here. Very frustrating. Second game in one DAY that randomly quits on me.

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Jul 21, 11 10:13 PM
After purchasing the game I keep getting kicked out when trying to go to different locations. I get a message saying (something ?) failed. This is now the third CE I`m having a problem with after buying.

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Jul 21, 11 10:52 PM
niki93 wrote:has anyone have trouble with this game kicking you out? II have been kick out all day at different points.....

Same issue here niki93.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Jul 22, 11 12:23 AM
I really want to love this game but it will not play in full screen so this is a no try, no buy!

Redmink
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here

[Post New]by Redmink on Jul 22, 11 9:36 AM
sandyterryb wrote:After purchasing the game I keep getting kicked out when trying to go to different locations. I get a message saying (something ?) failed. This is now the third CE I`m having a problem with after buying.

This is bad enough BUT on re-try, the game only takes me back to its last save point, NOT where I left off. I checked the Menu options and there was definitely no "Save Game" option.

I thought this programming practice was abandoned at least a year ago if not longer.

I've had all the "quit/fail/dump" scenarios that others have had and the common denominator seems to be that the game user takes off in a direction that does not follow the script.

One error in the graveyard, where the fog was now clear and could go forward, I clicked forward then clicked on the **** scene in the lower left corner ... got a Runtime Error on that.

As broiling outside as it is, I'd rather take a stroll than struggle with this game.

ADDENDUM: I found a "Save" feature, BUT it ends the game. From the gameplay, Click "Menu", select "Quit".

Consolation Prize I guess.

Edited on 07/22/2011 at 12:37:06 PM PST

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Jul 22, 11 11:22 AM
I think I regret buying this game due to all the technical difficulties plus it is not the most exciting game in the world and to be a CE on top of that.. The cursor moves so uncontrollably I turned it off. But then there is such a lag time with the cursor I was unable to play any of the mini games.. Finally waited for the skip button each time and quit even trying..

THEN!!! I keep getting Assertion Failed notices which I have reported to BF and did as they suggested. It let me get further into the game but now I am almost finished and it's happened again. I have yet to notify BF of the second occurrence but I think I'm going to kiss this off as a bad investment and be wary of any future games by this developer... Sorry about that. I hope the developers check in here and read this stuff...

Love ya - developers..... hmmmmmmm

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Jul 22, 11 11:37 AM
I also clicked to the right, and came up with a weird error message, and then screen went black. I would really love to play and buy this game. Why can't BF let the game developers know what is going on with this game of theirs...and have them come in here and talk with us!!!!??? Can someone let us know whats going on??

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on Jul 22, 11 11:49 AM
After I downloaded the game, I was in Big Fish Games Manager. I clicked on play, and.... I had a black screen, the game didn't play at all, and even CTRL + ALT + Delete had trouble closing this game. To top it off, I lost the background photo that was on my desktop!

Redmink
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Redmink on Jul 22, 11 2:19 PM
I went thru all the updates 3 weeks ago for the "Crash, Freeze ..." problems that BFG has provided answers for.

One Problem Captured, happened twice in the Graveyard, either going out toward the bayou or back into town:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Message
ASSERTION FAILED!
Program: ...
File: ..\..\Source\Callbacks.cpp
Line: 2538

Expression: target !=0

DOES THIS MEAN ANYTHING TO ANYONE?

And you know, just before the error and end of game, I thought I should go ahead and quite to save, but everything had been going so smoothly .........

ALSO, the game puts you back where you left off WITHOUT the inventory items already collected (this happened twice, so I know I'm not mistaken).

Edited on 07/22/2011 at 2:42:52 PM PST

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Jul 22, 11 5:31 PM
start the game do the dead body play the hidden object scene when im done first i went to the right of the screen game ends and goes to the game manager played again had to investigate the body again hidden object scene again went to the left this time and same thing went to game manager clean out cookies temp files made sure drivers updated even went to 32 bit same thing wrote big fish did Dr felix nothing now it doesn'r look like i am the only one this is happening to so there has to be some kind of bug or all of our computer are broke!!!!!! Not happpy fish right now even just did live chat of course nothing from them I love big fish customer service I am just tired of all these games having so many problems Just venting sorry

Edited on 07/22/2011 at 5:32:24 PM PST

Sjlovescc
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Jul 23, 11 6:40 AM
Within the first few moments of starting the game and after opting NOT to use the basics tutorial, a tutorial window opened in the center of the screen and there was no way to close it. It is large and obscured the majority of the screen.

bjcs319
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by bjcs319 on Jul 23, 11 11:35 AM
vkacademy wrote:My problem is that the cursor doesn't move right. There is a delay of a second or so from when I move my mouse to when the cursor moves, and it seems to veer wildly around. I was completely unable to play the first game (with the cells/microbes). Anyone else having that issue?

I also had this problem. I went to the settings, and removed the custom cursor. It did seem to help, but be for warned, it also changed some of the other cursor "cues". The navigation arrow for example is now a small balck arrow, or an arrow that points both ways.

[Post New]by lindajoanne2003 on Jul 23, 11 1:57 PM
What is wrong with all these BFG games getting really fed up now that is 6 in the last week that freeze, wont download , say system error or just shut down like this one as soon as you go to move direction going back to use Iwin.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Jul 23, 11 4:40 PM
Wow again with the CE games. slow curser for one . Then you turn around and back to GM it goes You have to start all over then back to game master, this is getting frustrating.

Go to: