suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

Re:Haunted Hotel 2 - Believe The Lies

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 1, 09 5:54 PM
I would definitely try a demo. I bought the first and enjoyed it very much!

mmaiden42
Stingray
Stingray
5,767 Posts

[Post New]by mmaiden42 on Jan 1, 09 8:01 PM
Ok then. I will probably give this a go if we don't get a decent HO soon. I need a new game terribly. I will go to bed so I don't go goofy and go to that other site to get the Jaguar's Eye. I won't buy from them. Nope, If I keep repeating this I won't forget. I have never purchased from that site and I am not sure that I want to. Taping fin-gers together so as to not go look and drive myself bonkers.

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Jan 2, 09 9:46 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm the developer of Haunted Hotel games.

The sequel is coming out soon. Should be available this week. This game is going to be Exclusive for BigFish!

As for game description from the first post- This is the description from the first game used by pirates.
The sequel is related in terms of story with the first game. (Don't worry, HH2 has less text than the HH1 .)

HH2 is a HO and Adventure games mix. We tried to find a balance, so the game isn't too complicated.

I do hope that You guys like this game! We had great time working on it

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Jan 2, 09 9:49 AM
Love the name, pckiller, just the kind of name a game developer who wants their games sold should have. And thanks for the info on the game.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 2, 09 9:51 AM
Thank you Pckiller, I have a Game Club Credit held tight in my little fin just waiting for it to be released, So glad to hear that it a mix of HO and adventure, that gets a definite

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 2, 09 10:10 AM
I only played the demo for Haunted Hotel 1......NOW, I hope that "IF" I play Part 2 that I do NOT miss anything by NOT buying and finishing Part 1

I hope they do bring it out this week for I am also having with draws ; because so far the H O Games that have been since Sleepy Hallow have been DUDS> ( That is my own likes and dislikes)

Happy Gaming

PEN

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Jan 2, 09 10:12 AM
1_of_5 wrote:Love the name, pckiller, just the kind of name a game developer who wants their games sold should have. And thanks for the info on the game.

Lol, this is the name of the first company I've used to work Long long time ago.

Edited on 01/02/2009 at 10:14:42 AM PST

dindnic
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,300 Posts

[Post New]by dindnic on Jan 2, 09 10:15 AM
Oh I can't wait to try it! Wooohoo!

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Jan 2, 09 10:22 AM
penrose47 wrote:I only played the demo for Haunted Hotel 1......NOW, I hope that "IF" I play Part 2 that I do NOT miss anything by NOT buying and finishing Part 1

Happy Gaming

PEN

No. The first game has its logical ending. And the sequel has a different story that has some parallels with the first game.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Jan 2, 09 10:27 AM
PcKiller ~ Welcome to the pond If the second game is as good as the first you will get a great big WTG from a lot of the fish in the pond!!!!

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jan 2, 09 10:28 AM
Looking forward to it, have a credit to spend....yipee

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 2, 09 3:34 PM
THANKS PC......

I am sooooo glad that the other had a ending..

I didn't buy for there was SO MUCH READING hope the part 2 has less reading.

I read in one of the posts, that a tester said less reading in Part 2.

Also, I am looking for GOOD INTERESTING H O .

Happy gaming

Sure Glad that we have The Pond

PEN

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Jan 2, 09 6:31 PM
Actually the text in the first wasn't that bad. Long yes, but if you clicked while it was writing the page would fill and you could move on. Don't let that stop you from trying it. Many games will speed up the writing when you click, Azada did. One second the words would only be starting to appear, click and the page was full.

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Jan 2, 09 6:39 PM
Thank you PCKILLER
i really enjoyed the first one also,so im very excited for the second one to come out.
i was just posting yesterday about pirated games

pckiller wrote
"As for game description from the first post- This is the description from the first game used by pirates."

PEOPLE DONT GO THERE! IE; torrent sites or precracked games

Edited on 01/02/2009 at 6:44:05 PM PST

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on Jan 2, 09 6:58 PM
I can't wait to try Haunted Hotel #2!

Just please, please, please don't make the items so small that I can't tell them from a speck of dust, black on black - (not cool) and give us an option for a relaxed mode - meaning no timer for relaxed! Please?

I still haven't bought #1, yet, but plan on it.

bonniesgrandma
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by bonniesgrandma on Jan 3, 09 12:56 AM
suzangh wrote:I would definitely try a demo. I bought the first and enjoyed it very much!

I just downloaded this but when I click on play nothing happens!!!

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

[Post New]by coco1953 on Jan 3, 09 1:11 AM
Well I enjoyed the first twenty minutes and it is a "buy" for me. I'm too tired tonight to really enjoy the game right now but look forward to playing it tomorrow. I read all the text in the first one as I enjoyed the storyline and wanted the game to last longer.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jan 3, 09 1:14 AM
Okay, played about 40 minutes of the demo. I already own HH1 and it was just an 'ok' game so when I saw the graphics for HH2, I was eager to try it out. Well this is possibly the second out of over 100 games I've bought here where I ran into problems.

The first was getting a blank screen with the menu on the right with nothing in the list. I backed out and went in again but then the only thing I could see to do (still no items in the list) was click on the sparkly part of the register. So here I am in the register section with no keys to make an impression. Hardy HOG that I am , I started a new game with a different name and I finally got into the game play.

I liked the game although it is a little glitchy. The flow isn't entirely seamless, I missed some dialog and got a flash of a blank screen when the agent moved to the right and there was a guy hiding around the corner on the left. Small things like that keep games from entering my A-list although I do get my money's worth at $6.99 so I'm not going to pass it up.

I'm sure I'll be buying it in the morning when my eyes are better rested. It'll be a nice one to kill the weekend.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jan 3, 09 1:15 AM
I had the same problem. Quit that session and start with a new name. My second attempt worked. I'm hoping the developers have a fix for it shortly. I'll be happy to supply my dxdiag if requested.

bonniesgrandma wrote:
suzangh wrote:I would definitely try a demo. I bought the first and enjoyed it very much!

I just downloaded this but when I click on play nothing happens!!!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 3, 09 1:23 AM
Downloaded, watched intro, thought hero looked yummy . Clicked on play:

HELP ... I GOT :

Error Access Violation at 0x004D7864 (tried to read from 0x68746188) program terminated.

Anyone else having this problem?

PS Have never had an Access Violation before on any game.

Edited on 01/03/2009 at 4:38:06 AM PST

Go to: