Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Re:Review for Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Jul 23, 11 7:15 AM
WOW! I didn't think this one was ever gonna get here! I've been waiting for months for it since I Beta'd it. This game is great. Graphics are awesome. It has a great story. I will be buying immediately. I thought it was going to be a CE since it took so long but I either way...I am glad it's here! Happy gaming.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Reviews for Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jul 23, 11 7:51 AM
SeaBamboo, great review! No sense me repeating what you
said so well.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Jul 23, 11 8:03 AM
I've played 50 minutes of the demo and this is a buy for me. I'm playing on casual and the hint system is very helpful. Like the interactive map, the hint system will take you to another part of the room or scene where you need to complete something. If that's too much help for you, there is an advanced mode. This game has something for everyone.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Jul 23, 11 8:28 AM
Adding my voice to the chorus of positive reviews for this game. Crystal clear graphics, an interesting story, casual or advanced mode, and just the right mix of H0 / Puzzle / Adventure. Although many years ago I was a devotee of Myst, Riven, etc., I find I no longer have the patience for that sort of game. But H0PAs seem to be just right. I found this game to be reminiscent of "Samhain", which I enjoyed very much. I made it to Chapter 2 (of 8) with 8 minutes left,having skipped one puzzle and used a couple of hints - I had a little trouble getting into the method of play and the hints were a good solution to that. I hope I will be able to play from this point without any more.

So I think I will use a PCC on this, which will leave me needing 3 punches for my second card of the month...guess it's time to buy F.A.C.E.S. as well! Yay!

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jul 23, 11 8:51 AM
No buy for me, I'm afraid. The puzzles seemed good but the story line is old and the plot uninterested. I, too, don 't like the side arrows for movement, and having to move things to find items you need, means clicking a lot and I don't enjoy that.

Sorry. But I see a lot of you do like it so that is good for you guys.
Enjoy your week end.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jul 23, 11 9:47 AM
I am enjoying the game play and happy to have a SE today. Don't know if I played the first one but I could have. Graphic's are clear and hints great too. The storyline is something different and will enjoy the HOG's and puzzles. It's a buy for me..

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 23, 11 9:51 AM
It has to be me... I tried this game I tried for 20 minutes, deleted as it was 'lame', for lack of a better word. I think I must be going through a game pause, as it seems, nothing is to my liking! Maybe I should go back to the old ones I liked, huh?

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on Jul 23, 11 9:55 AM
Well, I can't quite decide about this one.

For:They really couldn't have made it clearer to play-
Movement between scenes with the tabs is a pleasant change.
The map is great for finding out where you need to look next and how far into the game you are.
The help really is a help.
The object tracker at the bottom of the screen is great for knowing what to look for.
There's no headscratching to work out what tool you need - if you haven't already got it it appears in a red panel in the object tracker.
Hidden objects have descriptions that are widely understood ( 'telescope' not 'spyglass' for example).
Hidden objects are exactly what you would expect from the description.
It looks like a good length - so value for money.

Against:
The graphics are a touch 'old school' for my taste, as is the style of presentation. Reminds me of games I played ten years ago or more.

I played the hour, but it didn't really 'grab' me. I don't think I care what happens next.

Maybe I'll buy it later, but for the moment I think I'll give it a miss.

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Jul 23, 11 11:50 AM
I finally got unstuck. This is a really good game. Enjoyed it even tho I got a little frusted with the lion heads, but duh figured it out. Great graphics, and story. Thanks BFG.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 23, 11 12:04 PM
Played the demo for a half hour and decided to buy the game. Although I agree that the graphics are old-school and I'm not fond of that spare CGI look, I'm playing it on the advanced mode and am enjoying trying to figure out what I should be doing. I like the ability to move the image horizontally by the use of arrows, rather than things just shifting willy-nilly.

It seems to be well-designed, giving the player the choice of an easy mode with sparklies and an advanced mode without them, whether or not to play the tutorial, the various sound adjustments, etc. There are voice-overs but you can skip them if you want. Game play has been smooth so far. Hints actually bring you to exactly where you need to be.

After a half hour, I still have a lot of scenes to visit before I complete the first of 8 locations on the map, so this looks like it's going to be a very long game for me thus good value for the money.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 23, 11 1:05 PM
Wow, an SE that's finally longer than one hour!!! This looks to be the longest SE I have seen in quite a long time. Nice graphics, games not difficult, not a lot of HOGs (I prefer seeing everything I need to find on the screen all at once, but this a nice change), nice voice overs. A little different story line, for a change. I liked it. I was ready for something not dark and spooky, although I do like those games, and not too brain taxing. Definite buy for me.

Side note: was it just me, or did Roxanne's lip remind you of Angelina Joli? Roxanne definitely does not have the face for those lips!

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 1:06:20 PM PST

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 23, 11 1:46 PM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 23, 11 1:53 PM
Kudos to the developers, I particularly like the voice acting and the ambient sounds of birds, water, etc in the background instead of music. Nice touch.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 23, 11 2:03 PM
This is a excellent game, I loved the Graphics and the sounds, This game is so awesome thx Dev's Keep up the good work and Thx BF for offering us this excellent game, I am off to buy I hope we get many many more games like this one with excellent graphics,Kuddo to your out standing work..I see many happy fishes out there..

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Jul 23, 11 3:05 PM
I won't add more to the excellent reviews, but-
Like a few I was unsure after playing the demo. I purchased it because a I had a pc. credit to use up. All I can say is wow. The game and storyline actually improved after the demo hour [unlike a few I could mention] and it looks like a very long game.

I love it.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jul 23, 11 4:22 PM
I love it too. I already have 4 coupons for next month but I had to have this game. Now I'll have to fill another card. Nertz!

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jul 23, 11 10:05 PM
As usual with 2nd in the series is just as good as the first bring on the next. I really didn't need the walkthrough except on scene with the lion heads.

Those people who have to know the length of the game before playing are like children you who can't get a toy everytime their parents go to a store. Just once play the game no matter how long it takes besides where 's the fun it if you look at the walkthrough and find the length then you will know the whole story.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jul 24, 11 1:21 AM
This game struck me as a little bit "odd" . I don't know, it just didn't grab me. The graphics were okay and the voiceovers too. Maybe others loved it, but I would only rate it a 6 out of 10.
PS You know I just thought of something, at the start of the game it wouldn't let me change the button from "Advanced" to "Casual" . Tried it twice under two screen names. So I must have played the Advanced version and I usually play Casual in games. That may have affected my rating....

Edited on 07/24/2011 at 1:25:45 AM PST

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 24, 11 3:52 AM
sportygal

the other one is Millennium Secrets: Emerald curse

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon