Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by mame727 on Jul 31, 11 9:26 PM
miavie wrote:
KayleighJ wrote:
Boomer47 wrote:HI,

A few of us had asked in the original thread about the Antartica issue. We were being kicked out of the game when we tried to click on the tanks to get the keys.

It did not seem to be an isolated issue and the new version does not appear to address a reason or fix.

Has anyone found a way to avoid being sent to the game mananger and out of the game in this chapter?

+1

Edit: After downloading and running the new version, the game still quits without warning in the Antarctic chapter, so the new version does NOT fix this particular problem. *grumbles*

same here

annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by annita33 on Aug 1, 11 4:53 PM
I played the whole game and the bonus chapter but when I went in to play again under a different profile name I get as far as the temple when I go to walk into the temple the game just closes and I am sent back to the Game Manager. What do I do do I uninstall and install again and lose my first profile?

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by grammacat on Aug 1, 11 4:58 PM
I downloaded the trial and when I went to play, the trial was over. I diden't even get a chance to try it.This game better be good. I really wanted to try it. so I had to buy it.

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Aug 2, 11 12:37 AM
darkhalf01 wrote:After reading the technical issues section when this game came out, I waited patiently for it to be fixed before I downloaded. What a complete waste of download time. I open the game, the screen goes black and goes back to the "you have 60 min left" etc. If I try it again it tells me the game is running already.

Good to see all the previous issues have been fixed.

TO OUR WONDERFUL BFG TECHs!!!

I have the same problem. I click on the game to open it, and it appears that the game will open..BUT.. the screen just returns to the game manager and I still have the 60 minutes left...as DarkHalf stated. I was excited to play. NO LUCK...

OnWI

[Post New]by huskytwo on Aug 4, 11 2:58 AM
I too am having a headache with the Antarctica part of the story. I have one of the keys in place but then if I try to get the other two the screen goes black and the game shuts down. Now like others we paid good money for this game and I want my money's worth. Please give us a solution to this problem.

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by jukeboxjule on Aug 4, 11 2:11 PM
I,ve got the same problem as alarsen01, purchased the game, downloaded fine but when i click to play, screen goes black as if games going to start but then goes back to game manager, says thanks for playing " play again" I have done troublshooting eg reinstalling, updated flash and checked compatibility nothings worked....... PLEASE sort these issues and respond asap. dying to play game. ssssooooooo frustratinggggg

Edited on 08/04/2011 at 2:19:29 PM PST

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Aug 4, 11 6:28 PM
I have a feeling this particular problem has been long since forgotten....

Anyone get a decent answer from Tech yet?

Anyone???

bjmusic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by bjmusic on Aug 5, 11 7:40 PM
KayleighJ wrote:I have a feeling this particular problem has been long since forgotten....

Anyone get a decent answer from Tech yet?

Anyone???

Yes, Kayleigh, I got the answer that it isn't anything that is 'wrong' on my 'puter and many others are having the same unresolved issues. They have offered a couple of solutions. They contacted the game developer and there will be a fix coming along. They cannot say when that will happen. I can either wait for the fix or BFG will offer a refund if I don't want to wait any longer.

BFG always tries to make it right. I hope a fix comes out because I really like this game and want to see it through to the end and the bonus feature. Hope this helps. However, if you have not taken your prob to the techs, I strongly suggest you do so, in case a refund is where you are headed.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Aug 6, 11 7:04 AM
Its the second time I've D/L this game since it was released...click to start game ...black screen straight back to GM...still got 60 mins...game wont launch this time or last time...I D/L 5 other games at same time their all ok...so its not the GM or my computer.... until later for this game...off to bin it

[Post New]by Atheen on Aug 6, 11 1:56 PM
I am still in the Dogon Temple. I try to use the bludgeon to get the ring in the face with purple eyes. I looked at the Strategy Guide and I have not missed ANY steps! However, when I try to use the bludgeon the message says, "Will not work here".

I am stumped. Any help or is this game a rip-off?

Seems kind of fun ---- if it worked!

[Post New]by handlevandal on Aug 7, 11 11:15 AM
I'm waiting on the bowl to fill too. This is the second time I've played the game and got stuck here.

bjmusic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bjmusic on Aug 9, 11 6:52 PM
handlevandal wrote:I'm waiting on the bowl to fill too. This is the second time I've played the game and got stuck here.

Just remember that you have to go do a few things before the bowl actually fills to capacity.

Here is what Eloh7777 wrote in another thread in this forum:

"The bowl takes a while to fill up. you must return to the bowl after collecting all of the other items for the flaming arrow. Get the Shaft from the ****, the Cloth from the bridge on the right side, the Arrowhead from the jaguar and then return to collect the sap. Hope that helps"

Edited on 08/09/2011 at 6:57:56 PM PST

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Aug 9, 11 8:12 PM
After a major difficulty with the original game, I tried to uninstall/reinstall according to BFG instructions....but alas, I can't install the new version. I keep ending up in the same spot in the old game. I tried dumping and reinstalling from both my game list and my computer itself....no luck. So, I started all over under a new name. Got through the last difficulty, only to end up in Mexico and unable to go further than a few minutes. I clicked on the whip (up in the tree) and the note, but the whip didn't go into my inventory. Although according the my journal "it has". This game is really frustrating me....sounds like a lot of people are having trouble with this game.

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Aug 11, 11 11:08 PM
Hi Fishies,

Well, I posted my problem on Jul 30, it's now August 11 and still no answer, other than an email saying the techies were all backlogged. Still can't get water from the well and now I'm really frustrated. I WANT to play this game!

Please, BFG, help!

GreenMyEyes
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by GreenMyEyes on Aug 12, 11 3:08 PM
My game crashes in Antarctica when I click on any of the tanks after their puzzles have been solved. I see that others have reported this problem before, so I'm hoping that the solution is being worked on.

I've checked that my drivers are the latest available. I'm running Windows 7 on a 64-bit Dell machine with two nVidia monitors.

=========================

Further to my earlier message, here is a fact which may help in the debugging effort. I was not able to solve the puzzle for a single one of the tanks -- had to use "skip" every time. I'd be interested if this was also true for the others who reported this problem.

added 08-14-11

Edited on 08/14/2011 at 1:40:07 PM PST

bjmusic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bjmusic on Aug 14, 11 2:19 PM
GreenMyEyes wrote:My game crashes in Antarctica when I click on any of the tanks after their puzzles have been solved. I see that others have reported this problem before, so I'm hoping that the solution is being worked on.

I've checked that my drivers are the latest available. I'm running Windows 7 on a 64-bit Dell machine with two nVidia monitors.

=========================

Further to my earlier message, here is a fact which may help in the debugging effort. I was not able to solve the puzzle for a single one of the tanks -- had to use "skip" every time. I'd be interested if this was also true for the others who reported this problem.

added 08-14-11

Yup, I solved one and had to skip the other two, and I rarely skip. However, I wrote that down to my own impatience it being so close the the 'big ending payoff,' lol.

I also had the Antarctica prob and did all the updating before I informed Tech Support. I look every day to see if the promised fix is ready. I see the standard edition was released today. In my head I'm thinking either they sold the SE with that problem, or they have come up with a fix and are just keeping us waiting. Not a very smart reward to those of us who pay for a collector's edition and have very long memories on unresponsive game developers.

Edited on 08/14/2011 at 2:20:34 PM PST

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Aug 19, 11 3:15 PM
bjmusic wrote:
I also had the Antarctica prob and did all the updating before I informed Tech Support. I look every day to see if the promised fix is ready. I see the standard edition was released today. In my head I'm thinking either they sold the SE with that problem, or they have come up with a fix and are just keeping us waiting. Not a very smart reward to those of us who pay for a collector's edition and have very long memories on unresponsive game developers.

I requested a refund today from CS. I'm not blaming BFG for the problem, I blame the developers. Quite frankly I'm not even interested in the game anymore. I don't care how it ends. So, I'll get my money back and make a note to never buy a game by these developers again.

CatfishT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by CatfishT on Aug 20, 11 3:51 PM
grammacat wrote:I downloaded the trial and when I went to play, the trial was over. I diden't even get a chance to try it.This game better be good. I really wanted to try it. so I had to buy it.

Similar problem - I waited forever for the game to install and before the activation was completed I got the error message "Trial Expired" I'm glad I discovered these issues before I bought it. Too bad, it looked like it would have been fun.

I've had troubles with 3 out of the 4 games I've tried since the new game manager was installed. Wonder it that is the issue?

LadyJane62
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane62 on Aug 27, 11 7:00 AM
Yes, I too have noticed nothing but trouble since the new GM. I am afraid to purchase any more games til this is fixed.

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Aug 27, 11 8:46 AM
One last update to say that CS issued me a refund no questions asked.

They confirmed they still haven't gotten a response from the developer about this problem. GM drama notwithstanding, is still alright by me.

Go to: