4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

Re:Comments for The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jul 24, 11 7:40 PM
I'm definitely not a fast player, and was almost half way done when the trial was over.
I also didn't care for the huge black bars on the top, bottom and sides of my screen.
"Maybe" as a DD, but a definite no buy for me for now.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Jul 24, 11 7:48 PM
Whether we like this trend of shorter games or not, this is probably going to be the accepted norm. Hopefully the dev's will take our views to heart.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jul 24, 11 10:16 PM
I liked the demo, and will probably buy it to see how it turns out. I got through 3 chapters out of 9 in the demo, so it will probably be about 3 hours altogether. Not bad, really. I think it's pretty well made, and the story is engaging, so, yeah, for me it's acceptable. I'd rather have a short, good game than a long boring one, though a long good one is even better, LOL.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 25, 11 3:55 AM
dokken117 wrote:Angelfish, I change the resolution so I can see small objects better. It makes all the difference in the world to these tired eyes! BTW, I tried the game again, and think I might like it after all. Will probably buy. (Sooner or later. lol)

My monitor automatically adjusts to suit the game, so I don't have to change the res myself. My old one didn't though, so I can see why you would change it to see better. I never even thought of doing that; just struggled with looking for tiny objects! My eyes are 60 years old now; tired and ancient

jgracinfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jgracinfan on Jul 25, 11 5:43 AM
Excellent game. Well worth the money.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 25, 11 10:12 AM
Excellent game, I will be buying this game, Loved everything about this game, Graphics are beautiful and sounds are great! Kuddo's to BF and DEV's..

rexred54
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by rexred54 on Jul 25, 11 11:35 AM
I played for 45 minutes and got to the campsite with the girl. I checked the walkthrough and found I started chapter 4 of 9. This is not a buy for me as it is too short of a game. Also I can just imagine how short it would be if I played it twice.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Just finished the game and loved it

[Post New]by caput on Jul 25, 11 3:20 PM
I tried the CE and could not get it to work. It was jerky and kept blacking out. But this version worked like a charm. Just the kind of game I like with lots of running around and trying to remember where I saw the 'thing' I needed! Did find it a wee bit short for a CE but just about right for me.

bonniesgrandma
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by bonniesgrandma on Jul 28, 11 7:33 AM
I love this game, but am a bit annoyed because I got as far as the Ice Station and I couldn't go in because my coat disappeared from the inventory!

deelberger
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by deelberger on Jul 28, 11 11:51 AM
Wondering how many were able to finish the game...I cannot b/c the game keeps crashing whenever I go back to the beach after saving the girl in the cell in the cave. I have to go to the lighthouse now, so I HAVE to go by the beach...it's maddening and Customer Service, having finally responded after 89 hours said they're behind and if I still need help to contact them again (obviously I need help, that's why I contacted you to begin with, after trying everything recommended by them).

I'm very upset with BFG!!!!!

momnmason
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by momnmason on Jul 30, 11 10:21 PM
I couldn't get to the lighthouse via the front gate, so for the first time, I used the walkthrough, which showed to go back to the cave where the last girl was found. It said to go through the door to the right where the stick was layed up against it, but I did that earlier, and went through the small closet, through the back door and right back into the inner room again...twice. After learning that that was the way to get to the lighthouse, I went back there, only to go through the small closet, out the back door and right back to the inner room again!...and I did it again just to see if I was to do something else, but nope! I'm stuck back at square 1! I hope this isn't a glitch in the game sine I am almost done!

Any suggestions since I can't move on in the game at this point?

Go to: