IrishRush
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Post any Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace technical issues here only

[Post New]by IrishRush on Aug 21, 11 3:34 PM
I'm in the last chapter, at the computer. I triggered the puzzle when I placed the code sheets on the computer. Now it's telling me to use the codes from the sheets with the correct color and correct line, but I don't see the sheets. They're not in the inventory and there is only the purple on in my diary / journal / notebook. So how do I locate / use the sheets? Help please! Very frustrated with this.

[Post New]by loopynemo75 on Aug 22, 11 3:58 AM
trainer464 wrote:After completing chapter on island (recovering the islander with medicinal broth, etc.) the islander accompanies agent to border, says the camp she is looking for is past that, and he won't go any further. The scene closes, a loading screen comes on and the the system shuts down and a Big Fish Games startup screen comes on listing my games.
I haven't heard from support on this, but have deleted game and redownloaded, and no change. I don't want to have to replay game to this point to see if problem is in history file.
Has anyone else had this problem? (No other problems were encountered up to this point.
Thanks.
Gary

I have had EXACTLY the same problem - so frustrating as was enjoying the game up to this point.

Edited on 08/22/2011 at 3:59:33 AM PST

caninebat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by caninebat on Sep 12, 11 6:04 AM
trainer464 wrote:After completing chapter on island (recovering the islander with medicinal broth, etc.) the islander accompanies agent to border, says the camp she is looking for is past that, and he won't go any further. The scene closes, a loading screen comes on and the the system shuts down and a Big Fish Games startup screen comes on listing my games.
I haven't heard from support on this, but have deleted game and redownloaded, and no change. I don't want to have to replay game to this point to see if problem is in history file.
Has anyone else had this problem? (No other problems were encountered up to this point.
Thanks.
Gary

caninebat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by caninebat on Sep 12, 11 6:06 AM
I have the exact same problem have you had any help yet

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Sep 17, 11 9:53 AM
Was playing this fine up until yesterday. have got to the part in the library where we are looking for the scrolls (not sure what chapter) and it just keeps throwing me out of the game after a few seconds. I was really enjoying it up until now. I have tried shutting all other programmes down, and restarting the pc, but it's still doing it. It's just not right that you pay for a game and this happens to you so you can't finish it. Has anyone had any fixes yet? I assume I have the new version of the game as I downloaded it after July reissue.

Chevygal53
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Chevygal53 on Apr 7, 12 6:26 PM
I am having the same problem of being bounced out when trying to download Chapter 6 after watching the same scene at the end of Chapter 5 as posted earlier. I am able to play the mini games offered at the menu without being bounced out, but can not continue with the game. I have cleaned up files with CCleaner, tried playing with the AV and firewall turned off, checked the help topics, disconnected the internet and reinstalled the game. I am still stuck at the very same place. I am sure it is not a RAM issue because the game has not had any problems til now and I am able to play Syberia a LF game. I got alot of alerts and crashed when I tried to demo the other Millennium Secrets game and wonder if that may be a link to the problem. Any other ideas that I may try?

[Post New]by 940andover on Apr 21, 12 1:21 AM
We're playing on Mac Lion, and the computer keeps freezing during play. We have to do a hard restart, holding the power button for four seconds to shut down. We've re-installed the game, as suggested on your help page but still have the same problem. Is there a patch available?

taigood
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by taigood on Sep 11, 12 4:43 AM
ATTENTION, BIG FISH AND DEVELOPERS!!!!

I bought Millenium Secrets: Emerald Curse on March 2010, and I played it then without any problems.

But now it doesn't run on my computer anymore. Nor does this one, the Roxanne's Necklace.

According to the game information they were built for the XP and Vista systems and now I have the Windows 7 SP1 at 64 bits, so I can only presume these games' platforms are too old.

But Roxanne's Necklace is the Catch of the Week (Sept.2012!)

So my question is: Are the developers considering upgrading them? Because if not, they should be withheld from the marketplace or at least publish a warning to BFG customers.

I consider myself a good BFG customer, so I would appreciate a reply to this message, which I'm posting here because I believe this is of public interest.

Thanks.

gatorgal637
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

[Post New]by gatorgal637 on Sep 11, 12 7:30 AM
I downloaded the game, but all I get is a black screen with the cursor and a dog barking in the background. Can't play the game this way. Not a very good choice as the catch of the week with so many problems.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 11, 12 9:53 AM
Hi taigood,

Some developers will make adjustments to older games to help make sure they are still playable on new systems. We don't have access to information about specific plans for this game here in the Forums, however.

You can definitely get in touch with our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to take a look at how the game works with your particular system and see if there are any adjustments that can be made to get things working again. They may also know more about any updates to the game that are in the works. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you,

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 11, 12 10:00 AM
gatorgal637 wrote:I downloaded the game, but all I get is a black screen with the cursor and a dog barking in the background. Can't play the game this way. Not a very good choice as the catch of the week with so many problems.

Hi gatorgal637,

When this sort of thing happens, we typically suggest first checking for updates to your video card and graphics drivers, which we go over in the help article here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a look at things and see what else might be causing that trouble. Since this is an older game, it could be there are different adjustments that need to be made to get everything displaying correctly.

You can click here to get to the info for running a Dr. Felix and then here to go right to the Contact Us page and send that in to Tech Support.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

gatorgal637
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

[Post New]by gatorgal637 on Sep 11, 12 12:49 PM
I have a new computer (less than one yr. ) and the latest updates on all drivers. I do not have a problem with my other games, so the problem is not my computer. This is such an old game, that IT is not updated. It is so old that it is not compatible with newer sysems. Another user cited the same exact problem I have, so it is not our systems, it is the game. I am not going to refigure my system to play a 2.99 game.

Edited on 09/11/2012 at 12:51:30 PM PST

RMKeiper
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by RMKeiper on Nov 20, 12 5:41 PM
Thanks.
Gary

I had the same problem. Is there a way to fix this?

[Post New]by showgirls19 on Apr 18, 13 8:13 PM
RMKeiper wrote:
Thanks.
Gary

I had the same problem. Is there a way to fix this?
Hi guys there seems to be a lot of us having the same problem with this game, are we ever going to get a cure for this game, i was really enjoying the game up to this point, now i'am just getting fustrated, this isn't the first game i have had that i can't finish! Come on tech team find a solution

Edited on 04/18/2013 at 8:21:36 PM PST

[Post New]by 940andover on May 13, 13 2:21 AM
I am having the same problem as everyone else with Roxanne's Necklace. It randomly freezes the computer, hard. Keyboard totally locks. The only way out is to force a shut down by holding down the power button. This is not a good practice, but necessary in this case. Very severe problem in the game somewhere, and should have been corrected by now, never mind being released like this in the first place. FYI I've tried it on Mac Mountain Lion and Mac Snow Leopard - same result.

[Post New]by emlangan on Jan 4, 14 7:24 PM
IrishRush wrote:I'm in the last chapter, at the computer. I triggered the puzzle when I placed the code sheets on the computer. Now it's telling me to use the codes from the sheets with the correct color and correct line, but I don't see the sheets. They're not in the inventory and there is only the purple on in my diary / journal / notebook. So how do I locate / use the sheets? Help please! Very frustrated with this.

I just had the same problem. I was able to advance by reading in the forum that the computer code is supposed to instruct you on the positions of the six switches on the wall. Since there were only 6 of them, with two states per switch (on/off), I decided there were few enough possibilities (64) to be worth the brute-force approach. I was able to get the safe to open, and finish the rest of the game.

Go to: