fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Post any The Lost City: Chapter One technical issues here only

[Post New]by fraziely on Jul 27, 11 7:52 PM
I made it to the part where you're in the Father's apartment and there's a mini-game where you're supposed to match different masks to its silhouette. Well, only one mask will match up with its mate-none of the others will. Unfortunately, I give up on this one.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jul 27, 11 8:44 PM
Re the masks - you have to put them in order. The mask silhouettes are linked. Hard to see but there.
Now I'm stuck getting into the basement!!
Got the lock-picks last night and exited the game. Went to carry on playing today and lock-picks won't work. Furthermore they are back on the table where I found them as well as in my inventory. Read the walk through, tried to talk to the guy again but no go.
This is the 2nd game this week with bugs - got stuck with Millennium Secrets too.
Not happy!

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Jul 27, 11 11:16 PM
I got to chapter 6 and when I got the bright blue balls with the ladder and put them into the door the door in the sequence according to the walk through the door opened but I lost the cursor and it would not work at all and could not leave the closeup of the door. I had to control alt/delete, but when I went back into the game the door was closed again and no blue balls anywhere..could not continue. I really dislike games that are glitched like this one. I think I wasted $

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jul 28, 11 4:29 AM
You're right, Belamba, I too anticipate the moves in a sequence, but don't work often, unless you do something else first, and the hints don't give you any clue to what to do, so you are there trying to undurstand what to do next, sometimes the walkthrough is the last resource, and than you relize that your actions were premature in the game; do you know how many times I have tried to get out of the f.........car, clicking on the handle? So this game has many glitches, bad constructed, and somehow insult our intelligence!!

belamba wrote:Possible spoiler alert!

I'm in car again at the forest and game has glitched! i can't do anything except restart game in different profile. I'm getting sick of these games that glitch if you don't do something in the right order. It's frustrating and just shouldn't happen. Read the walkthrough over and over. I have the 'instruments', but the hint tells me 'look for the instruments'! If I start over whose to say it won't happen again?
I used the torch, and it was after that I couldn't do anything.
Anyone else got this problem?

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 4:31:09 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 28, 11 8:40 AM
I came back in today and my gun was back in my inventory, and thanks to Autumn and her tips I have managed to get as far as meeting up with the bum...now I am suppose to have a **** scene and there is not one. I have looked at the WT and all things were done to trigger it. No such luck! Awk....As someone else said, I am not starting over, I would like to finish it, but it sure doesn't look like it!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 28, 11 9:06 AM
FYI I just unistalled and reinstalled. Still no **** scene to get the thimble for the game with the bum. I am disappointed as this game is pretty wierd, but it sure gave my little brain a good work out! Has this happened to anyone else? Has anyone even been able to really finish it?

[Post New]by merry1one on Jul 28, 11 9:24 AM
I can't get out of the dumpster.

collerton
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by collerton on Jul 28, 11 12:06 PM
I had a heck of a time getting out of the car. I then got to father's apt. and there is supposed to be an hog on the shelf, but it is not there nor is the mini-game on the aquarium. This is really clunky and a no buy!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 28, 11 12:44 PM
Merry did you use your phone? Call Berko number

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 28, 11 12:57 PM
I guess that is all she wrote for me in this game. I am definately stuck in the alter state with the bum and no **** scene to get the thimble to play the game. Has this happened to anyone else? I hate contacting CS if this is something I can get a fix to.

68bird
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by 68bird on Jul 28, 11 2:30 PM
yve501 wrote:Well I'm glad you all got so far!

I got as far as the first screen. Entered my name, pressed options etc. and zilch happened. Playing on nearly new W7. First game I've had a problem with.

Forgot to say uninstalled/reinstalled a couple of times.
I don't think I'm interested enough to try anymore.

68bird
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by 68bird on Jul 28, 11 2:32 PM
The same thing happened to me. First game that this has happened in also.

68bird
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by 68bird on Jul 28, 11 4:17 PM
I tried it again, and you have to make sure after you create your profile, that you mouse over the middle part, to the right of new profile. The spot will turn gold, then your profile is added. Took me 5 minutes to find that lol.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Jul 30, 11 7:15 AM
Lost is right!

In Chapter 5, I picked up the wire but had to exit the game at that point. When I returned, the wire was in Inventory, but the same wire was still in the garbage, which I could pick up.

Neither wire will open the box; stuck in the game.

Contacted CS to ask for a credit; this seems to be happening way too much lately. Are the developers becoming more rigid in their thinking? Seems you cannot go from point A to point C, then back to point B. Anytime some little event happens, there's no going forward.

mirror75
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by mirror75 on Jul 30, 11 5:10 PM
Did anyone Beta this game? It is full of glitches, ie when you click your bag the inventory comes up, when you click it again the border for the inventory closes but the inventory itself remains (unclickable). The game freezing up in various areas. Mouse not turning active when it's supposed to. Yeesh

Edited on 07/30/2011 at 5:10:37 PM PST

[Post New]by vipanders on Jul 30, 11 5:20 PM
mirror75 wrote: Did anyone Beta this game? It is full of glitches, ie when you click your bag the inventory comes up, when you click it again the border for the inventory closes but the inventory itself remains (unclickable). The game freezing up in various areas. Mouse not turning active when it's supposed to. Yeesh

play did not notice! slander

[Post New]by Cocoonivus on Jul 30, 11 7:48 PM
pjmatt wrote:I can not get past sign in page. No game at all.

I can't even get that far. I click on "Play" in the game manager, and immediately get an error window saying there was a problem and they've got to shut down the program.

Edited to add: Tried again, and made it into the game. The error window still popped up, but if I waited, the game opened after a few minutes.

Edited on 07/30/2011 at 8:27:30 PM PST

Retiredmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Retiredmom on Jul 31, 11 1:12 PM
Got to the basement - clicked on the artifact and started shooting the birds - 6 up at the top of the screen - lost my cursor and cannot do anything. Help!

Basement Ammo and Gun

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Aug 1, 11 6:47 AM
CiChDa wrote:Game totally froze in the basement scene after I found the ammo. I had to shut off my computer and reboot. Bummer, this is not a game I will play from the beginning to be able to see the end. I did look at my inventory to see if my gun was loaded, then the gun 'stuck on my cursor' and I couldn't do anything. Was it me?

The exact same thing happened to me. I had to use Task Manager to End Task on the game. Then when I restarted it, it was okay. Then I used the Artifact to enter the alternate reality and shot the 6 birds, and so far, so good.

However, this game is a real nightmare. Very poorly implemented. The basement was the first bug I encountered, but even before that throughout the whole game, I didn't know what I was supposed to be doing. At the very begining of the game, it took me forever to even get out of the car. Very tedious. You have to answer the phone, check the gloive compartment, etc. It makes you do a number of things, which are not intuitive, before it lets you open the car door handle to exit the car. I have to keep referring to the Walkthrough to figure out what to do next and I don't like doing that. The Walkthrough should be for once in awhile on a tough part of the game. But when you have to use it for the whole game, that's not good.

Plus, I can't even read the dialogues between characters. It's small brown text on a dark background. I'll probably try to finish it as a matter of principle, but this game is really not that good.

BARBARIE
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by BARBARIE on Aug 3, 11 3:36 PM

It is so full of gliches where do you start trying to figure it out. Had to start the game over so many times and cannot get out of the basement

Go to: