sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

Re:Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 28, 11 2:13 AM
Just making a few comments on the demo as I just finished it. When I actually finish the game then I'll post in the "review thread."

Well I must say... This Blue Tea developer has really outdone them self on this game. Another hit for the dark side spooky type of game which is right up my alley. I LOVE these types of games.

The story and characters that actually talk in the game.
The graphics are by far one of the best I've ever come across in a game. Very well done. Nice, crisp, and clear.

I also as mentioned didn't come across anything to change the level of difficulty.

I immediately purchased this right after the demo of the game. I would of purchased it sooner but I was too focused on the game.

So far what I've played of this a definite A+ on everything.

Thanks and Blue Tea.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Jul 28, 11 2:22 AM
Well what more could I want! Blue tea games, great graphics and story line,character voices, pleasant music and a frog. Also a reasonably fast hint button and a decent SG. I am in fishie heaven today,no housework, I'm going to the theatre!
Small point- try to click on any living animals you see, nothing to do with the story but such a nice little attention to detail.

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Jul 28, 11 2:35 AM
Love the game, bought straight after i finished the demo, now im waiting an age for the game to be downloaded, normally it takes under half an hour now since BFG have come up with there own manager its taken over an hour so far, and its only half loaded. so frustrating.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 28, 11 2:47 AM
Roos53 wrote:Love the game, bought straight after i finished the demo, now im waiting an age for the game to be downloaded, normally it takes under half an hour now since BFG have come up with there own manager its taken over an hour so far, and its only half loaded. so frustrating.

I see ya! Meaning same here. This downloaded and played just fine the demo part of it but now it seems to be taking an eternity to finish downloading the rest of the game. I think I've been stuck at 66% download for a good 1/2 hour at least.

So this is the only downside I'm seeing so far is the downloading.

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 2:54:39 AM PST

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Jul 28, 11 3:01 AM
Roos53 wrote:Love the game, bought straight after i finished the demo, now im waiting an age for the game to be downloaded, normally it takes under half an hour now since BFG have come up with there own manager its taken over an hour so far, and its only half loaded. so frustrating.
Me too, it takes 2 hours and still DL.

sylmide
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sylmide on Jul 28, 11 3:16 AM
I have just finished the demo of this game and as usual with this dev, i couldn't wait and bought it straight away which of course means **** hum started another punchcard. Oh well back to solitaire while waiting for it to finish downloading. Cheers everyone and i hope you enjoy this game as much as i am.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 28, 11 3:30 AM
Well Hee Haw this FINALLY downloaded. LOL! By the way, does anyone happen to know if this new game manager has anything to do with this taking so long to download? Cause when I downloaded this game it just automatically installed this new game manager version. Before this game manager I've never had to wait very long at all for games to download??

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Jul 28, 11 3:57 AM
I don't know but it took me forever to download after purchase too, and I normally don't have any problems downloading.

jyannis
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by jyannis on Jul 28, 11 4:11 AM
No problems with downloading for me. Decided to buy it without even playing the demo - Blue Tea Games will not disappoint, I highly believe. And basing on everyone's comments so far, I don't think this is a decision I will regret.

Will be back with a more comprehensive review once I've began gaming - entertainment for my night shift at the hospital tomorrow all sorted.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jul 28, 11 5:06 AM
well just gotta comment...i think "blue tea" is quickly surpassing "ers" as my fave dev....this ce might actually be a buy for me

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Jul 28, 11 6:47 AM
LOVE it love Blue Tea games and yes they are becoming my favourite devs oh what to do (paid at midnight )

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jul 28, 11 7:26 AM
Thanks to everyone in this thread and the official Review thread. I shall now be going to BLUE TEA GAMES and downloading this one direct from the developer!

I DO not want to install the new GM until BFG do something about the monstrosity they are trying to force on people using this site.

And if you don't like the GM yourself COMPLAIN VIA the GREEN ENVELOPE

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 28, 11 9:37 AM
I liked this demo very much which surprised me because I Do Not Like FROGS. However, I then realized it was a BlueTea game and I knew why I liked it in spite of itself. It has an interesting story line, morphing objects which are fun to find, is neither too difficult nor too easy. I will be making this my first purchase in August,

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jul 28, 11 10:07 AM
just popped in to say..just finished the main game..i started at 8 am...is now 1 pm...so 5 hours.....yaaaayyy decent length..will pop back in after the bonus

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Jul 28, 11 10:15 AM

Thanks for all the reviews today. I really appreciated them. Frogs are not really my cup of tea but since its Blue Tea I can swallow that as the fragmented objects are not too hard to find. Dark Parables was my first Hidden Object game and thats what got me hooked on them. So far this game meets expectations and I am looking forward to finishing it. Thanks Big Fish and Blue Tea for a nice game. 5 Big ones from me today.

picobird
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by picobird on Jul 28, 11 11:39 AM
The dev's are Blue Tea. Nuff said. Off to purchase.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 28, 11 6:08 PM
I too liked this game but make sure you don't doze off like I did. This creature scared the B.G.'s out of me. It was in the upstairs hallway I think. Need depends for a game like this I guess. And no that is not funny. So keep

[Post New]by judygoodfellow on Jul 29, 11 4:22 AM
I got embroiled in downloading the stub, then the tool bar - then realized I probably wouldn't have space for it and cancelled (the tool bar). Somewhere along the line I must have clicked the game to play. It didn't show but I've used up all my free play without seeing anything!! I'll just have to be patient for six weeks and take everyone's word that it is a wonderful game!

it was ok the following day and I had a great time playing it!

Edited on 07/30/2011 at 5:13:45 AM PST

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Jul 29, 11 6:07 AM
This is a very good game, I'm partial to a good scary game. I don't much like FROGS though. Dark Parables were great as well, but not high on my list of favorite games

Debating on whether or not to wait until SE or use my two game club credits on it in August since I know what I wont be able to fill my punch card in July (been the worst month for me for games, I never accumulated 2 game club credits in as long as I can remember, I usually but at least one SE a month)

Edited on 07/29/2011 at 6:10:49 AM PST

[Post New]by mattiehelen2002 on Jul 31, 11 3:35 PM
Taking a break! This game started out driving me crazy. I was having a love/hate battle with this game. I am sort of starting to enjoy it. I guess since I have so many CEs and SEs I must have played FROGs before. Just cant remember, probably because they were far and few between. The graphics in this one are gorgeous and the game is really challenging. Reading the comments, makes me want to get the other Blue Tea games.

OK just downloaded Dark Parables: Exiled Prince CE and will get the rest of the Blue Tea games next week if I like this one.

Edited on 07/31/2011 at 5:38:51 PM PST

Go to: