DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 28, 11 2:24 AM
Well, as usual with any update to the GM, I had to change my drive to other than C: drive when I DLd the Sample version.
My Internet link was broken, so I started the DL again and guess what... the default drive was back to C: again!!
Apparently the drive has to be set BEFORE you want to DL any game EVERY time you use the new GM!!

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jul 28, 11 2:47 AM
belamba wrote:I've been waitng for TWO hours and stuck at 62%! This seems to be an ongoing problem of late. Games used to whizz in, but now I expect it to take til the next millennium. And when they are slow to D/L they usually don't run properly.
Not sure I like the huge new hub, but hoped it would improve D/L speeds. If anything even slower now :-(( And no longer can see at what speed the kbs are coming in, or if it's just stuck.
With all the game glitches and slow D/L speeds my usual quick hour trial whilst drinking morning coffee is a thing of the past. Gaming should be fun, but lately it's become stressful.
I'm thinking of giving it up as it's anything but enjoyable lately!

That annoyed me as well!

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 28, 11 3:01 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Well, as usual with any update to the GM, I had to change my drive to other than C: drive when I DLd the Sample version.
My Internet link was broken, so I started the DL again and guess what... the default drive was back to C: again!!
Apparently the drive has to be set BEFORE you want to DL any game EVERY time you use the new GM!!
You are right!!!

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by drumstring on Jul 28, 11 3:12 AM
hello fishies , i had no problem what so ever , but i just had a new game manager stub installed first , and yesterday i had the felix dr. fish do it't thing . try that if you all have no luck , and good swimming ,..................drumstring.

[Post New]by GoneFishing on Jul 28, 11 3:15 AM
Sorry fellow fishies but it seems you all have a problem with the Game Manager or the download. Is this the thread to check if there are problems with the game itself?

crawle1960
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by crawle1960 on Jul 28, 11 3:17 AM
I loathe the new gm SO big and clumsy in ya face. why have they changed it and wht wasn't we given a choice ?? Well mine d/l after 2 hrs 10 mins and i must say after 10 mins of play ...wasnt worth it

[Post New]by drumstring on Jul 28, 11 3:17 AM
[b] By the way it only took about 12 minutes for the trial download , and then another 25minutes to finish and activate .. but it also gave me an error code 802 , and said to try again , so i did and it worked . thought that might help............drumstring....

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jul 28, 11 3:17 AM
Hang on in there fishies, after all my grumbling once it got to 65% it just zoomed up to 100% and has just installed - really weird!

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here

[Post New]by janspack on Jul 28, 11 3:17 AM
nelliegemini wrote:
nelliegemini wrote:I had no trouble with the trial download, but now I have purchased it is stuck at 13%. I've tried all the usual 'slow download' tricks, closed game manager and re-opened, paused and un-paused. I know that the long downloads were a problem before the new Game Manager but I somehow hoped this would solve it.

Ooooh goody, 16% (that's 3% in 14 minutes!) now but I have to go out - great!

I'm stuck at 68% - downloading the trial was a bit slow but the full version is taking forever! Could it be the new game manager that is at fault?

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jul 28, 11 3:29 AM
OK. I've just uninstalled the trial version of the game using Control Panel. Then I went to My Account/Purchased Games and started the download again from there. It seems to be going much quicker now. In fact, it's at 34% in less than 5 minutes.

Will keep you posted as to whether it gets stuck again or not!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here o

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 28, 11 3:31 AM
. If anything even slower now :-([b wrote:( And no longer can see at what speed the kbs are coming in, or if it's just stuck.[/b]
/quote]

Hi,
Discovered that if you press pause, it takes you to a D/L page that does show kbs. I paused this game as 2 1/2 hrs just ridiculous. I then restarted game and last 30 +% came in like wildfire.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 28, 11 3:33 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Hey Belamba...I have a bunch of new books that I have finished reading...think we should start a book exchange? I am over my hog addiction, too. Still like to play, but I am not anyone's yo yo.

LOL! Me too! I so look forwards to the CEs on a Thursday, but can live without them :-))

jueh
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jueh on Jul 28, 11 4:05 AM
Took 3 hours to get to 75%, I paused and then unpaused and the rest of the game installed within minutes.

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Jul 28, 11 4:39 AM
crawle1960 wrote:1 hr 10 mins and at 36% Still I have got most the housework done so wont feel so guilty about my daily bfg fix ! lol

You'll be able to finish next weeks housework by the time this takes to download,
two and a half hours!!!
I've lost the will to live.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jul 28, 11 5:22 AM
janspack wrote:OK. I've just uninstalled the trial version of the game using Control Panel. Then I went to My Account/Purchased Games and started the download again from there. It seems to be going much quicker now. In fact, it's at 34% in less than 5 minutes.

Will keep you posted as to whether it gets stuck again or not!

Well, that didn't work. I've been downloading for two hours and it's just started installing. However, the Games Manager stopped responding so I had to use task manager to end it and restart it.

So far it's taken all morning to download the full version. Very frustrating. I'm wondering if this is something to do with the new games manager rather than the game download??

Yippeee it's just finished installing.

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Jul 28, 11 5:40 AM
HI all, problems here too, the demo played beautifully, no problem with download, soon as I bought it, unable to activate, have uninstalled and reinstalled getting error message 703, anyone else getting this? very frustrating.
I hate the new manager as well, why fix it if it ain't broken???? just sayin'

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Jul 28, 11 6:13 AM
I don't see the problem I had, but this is probably a no buy for me. I was enjoying the demo, decided I'll buy it (if the budget permits). Knowing I have things to do around the house exited the game. It went originally back to my desktop - no problems. Then suddenly a black screen. I could get to the start menu, but nothing else. Ended up having to crash my computer to get it to restart. I was one of those who tested the new Game Manager (tho I was forced to download the new one) and had no problems. I can't tell, at this time if the problem is with the game manager or the game.

I'll test out another game afterwhile - and post if it wasn't the game.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Jul 28, 11 6:33 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Well, as usual with any update to the GM, I had to change my drive to other than C: drive when I DLd the Sample version.

BFG WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?????????????? This new game manager is really inferior to the old one. I cannot believe the person who did this was sober. I, also, send my games to a different drive and do not want to have to set the path every time. In addition, I want to see the size of the file.

I agree with all in this thread - it is TOO BIG!

Why did you do this?

Hope someone pays attention and fixes this. The old manager was fine. I believe in the old adage: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Jul 28, 11 7:14 AM
Had no problem with the download, but the game play is a slight bit stubborn. I have only 10 min left, but will wait until next month to see if I want to purchase. Still don't care for the new GM, but the game itself is lovely; however I think I need to see if the loading script errors are due to the game, or to the new game manager.

As Gilda Radner used to say, 'it's always something!'

[Post New]by healme on Jul 28, 11 7:30 AM
I've never finished a game as fast as this one....trial expired right after I finished d/l

I uninstalled the game og d/l once more - now I can play the sample version

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 7:37:12 AM PST

Go to: