snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Reviews for Nightmare Realm

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 29, 11 5:10 AM
Lady_Cav wrote:TeamSD, are you confusing this with another game perhaps? The CE version that I played does NOT place the bonus in the middle of the game. The bonus game is after the regular game, and is played through the eyes of a completely different character than the main game.

The bonus play is at the end of the game but it takes up the plot from another character's perspective mid-way through the story. Kind of a flashback, I guess.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 29, 11 6:07 AM
I thought it was Grim Facade where the bonus chapter was included within the main story? The SE version eliminated the co-conspirators storyline that was present in the demo of the CE I played.

This was one of the SE's that I was waiting for, but I didn't recognize it from the screenshots so I'm glad I read these reviews.

RORGE
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by RORGE on Jul 29, 11 6:58 AM
I really enjoyed this game ( graphics, storyline, game play, length etc. ). I did buy this game as a CE although most of the time I wait for the SE of a game. The game is complete as a SE, however the bonus section, as stated above told the story from another point of view which added additional information and for me really added to the game. A great game. I recommend it.

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Jul 29, 11 7:21 AM
Thanks RORGE and fellow fishies always a pleasure to hear your reviews Doof

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Jul 29, 11 8:05 AM
After reading the reviews and comments about the differences between CE and SE, I decided to go back and purchase the CE version. Horror of horrors, I couldn't find it in the H0 category. After searching further, there it was under Adventure. Phew! Don't scare me like that. Then I had to fight the new GM to download it. Narcky message of game manager not responding was NOT welcome. But, good news, the DL speed is reasonable for a change despite the horrible GM 3.0, so I'm ready for the weekend.

wont start `

[Post New]by chiefbob911911 on Jul 29, 11 8:06 AM
game wont start up, deleted it twice and re installed, when I click on play now it goes blank then right back to start up page

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Jul 29, 11 9:06 AM
This will be a definate buy for me.I like everything about it so far .

deejac
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by deejac on Jul 29, 11 10:45 AM
Just completed the demo and have to say I was sold. A definite buy for me, usually know when I am going to buy as the demo hour goes so quick.

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Jul 29, 11 12:29 PM
great game first class but you won't get passed new game manager. good luck

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 29, 11 1:11 PM
I was happy to see the SE so soon as I had been waiting for it. I thought the story line was interesting, loved the origami, and now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Big Fish is through bouncing me out of my account so perhaps I can actually purchase the game and get it downloaded.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Jul 29, 11 2:46 PM
this is tooo funny......this looked so completely different and was described just differently enough I though some game had accidentally slipped out as an SE without ever being a CE!!!

MY MISTAKE..............I was just coming through to figure out whether it was a game to get and realized it is in my to buy queue as a CE!!!!

I think this is the first SE I ever saw that I did not immediately know it was the same game as the CE!!! I guess in my old age I am going bat blind.....but i think in my defense........the pictures, and the description seem soo different that i almost bought without realizing the difference....

lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on Jul 29, 11 8:57 PM
jennsmom wrote:I was happy to see the SE so soon as I had been waiting for it. I thought the story line was interesting, loved the origami, and now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Big Fish is through bouncing me out of my account so perhaps I can actually purchase the game and get it downloaded.

good luck, I've been trying to log in for a week now. I'm shown as logged in in the forums or the "my account" section, but can't stay logged in if I go to the main site. can't download TGT without signing in. when I contacted c/s, I was told that the site isn't optimized for use with IE and I should download firefox. which is a good workaround, but not really a solution.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 29, 11 9:47 PM
@lyssa Some of us had that same runaround trying to log in awhile back. Same with me, log in to forums, my acct etc. I use IEx8 on both xp pc and W7 laptop. No, I did not change browsers, there was a workaround, someone on the pond gave me the tip and had no problem ever since. Now, if I could remember what that was LOL senior moments. I may have logged out then logged in from the main page. Or I may have bought a game from gm mgr.

If you don't want to use firefox hold on. Is your IEx updated to v8? That is as high as I can go with XP, uses more resources on 9 than will work on xp so my tech said.

I think once logged out and back in it changes the cookie. If anyone remembers the trick I hope they post. I was on a loop so long with a new error I was wacko but not alone. I don't think that is correct what CS advised because everything works like a whiz with mine now. Good luck

ETA did you post in the tech thread, the main forum not tech for this game? The reply may be there, or I rec'd a PM and deleted it when I followed how to stay logged in. May want to log out, restart pc then try Main log in. Once there then I could log back in Forums and back.

Edited on 07/29/2011 at 9:52:32 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 29, 11 10:10 PM
Don't forget - if you fall in love with the SE you can always upgrade to a CE. You just have to pay for the CE, cash or 2 credits, and CS will give you a coupon to replace the SE with another game.

I only needed one more punch for July so bought the SE with that in mind. Well, not bought exactly, had a groupon code for a game about to expire. I didn't think I'd like this game before, the story theme, child etc upsets me. But I went by the rave reviews re the artistic graphics, aesthetics and trialed it last night. Bought when demo finished and anxious to get back to it. I may go back and upgrade next month but only needed one punch now (dont you hate to waste one, love the 3 punches and SG) Found a WT anyway so I'm happy.

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

wont start `

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Jul 29, 11 10:11 PM
chiefbob911911 wrote:game wont start up, deleted it twice and re installed, when I click on play now it goes blank then right back to start up page

I'd contact CS - try to attach a Dr. Felix file (instructions are in the help section). This is definitely one of my all time favorite games. It'd be a shame to miss out. Just click the to the right chiefbob

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Jul 29, 11 11:56 PM
Fabulous game. Highly recommended. Consider getting the CE version as it offers stand alone extra play that is worth the extra $.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 30, 11 12:41 AM
This is a game I beta tested & am glad to see it released by Lesta Films & Games; I do not know these developers but this is a lovely game.

So far I have played the demo & found the graphics very clear & sharp, the artwork was a little ‘twee’ in the beginning but once you leave the house it becomes rather surreal in tone; it is quite beautiful & filled my widescreen. There are some really lovely details – my mouse touched some bottles hanging in a tree & they tinkled.

You have a journal with a map showing where you are & where there are any tasks to complete, it is not interactive so you will have to walk between scenes but this gives more time to appreciate how enchanting they are.

The hint recharges in around 30 seconds on easy mode & 1 minute 45 seconds on hard. On easy mode items of interest glint & there are very large sparkles to show the H0 scenes; unfortunately these large sparkles also appear in hard mode, I would have wished them to be less intrusive.

The hidden object scenes are excellent as there are interactive items & the mini games are not too hard (so far) although they do not come with instructions so you may need to use the hint.

There are 33 origami figures to find throughout the game; I always love it when there is a game long task. Make sure you scrutinise the scenes as they are not always easy to see at first glance.

Unfortunately there is no voiceover however the music suits the game & the background sounds are nice enough. This will be a buy for me once we get into August, I don’t want to start another punchcard this month.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jul 30, 11 1:39 AM
I had marked this one down on my "want" list when I played the CE. It's a great game.
Both times were disappointed when the demo hour was up. The graphics and sound were great and the storyline was good. It was a little challenging, just enough to make you want more. I'm gonna buy....I'd rate it a 9 out of 10.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jul 30, 11 2:52 PM
really great game...great story...fun..fast...short...enjoy!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 30, 11 8:19 PM
This is an excellent game. More of an adventure game than a hidden object one. But when the hidden objects appear they are very well done, and multiple interactive ones. Frankly I get bored with hidden object scenes, so this is really refreshing game for me.

At the beginning, I could see that people that don't like 'dark' games may have been put off by this. But don't! After the demo it actually was the most beautiful scenery I have played in a game, and it is only at the very beginning and the very end cut scene - do you have a 'dark' ghost like figure for a very short time.

I bought the CE and it was well over an hour extra game time. But for those that won't, don't worry you are not missing out at all in the storyline. Just highlight to see spoiler for vague spoiler storyline in bonus - The bonus follows Peter, the Uncle to what happened to him during when he was missing. As in the main game, he disappeared for a while but showed up at the end.

You apparently get the oragmi in the SE, which is unusual and is a nice touch (you have to collect them throughout the game).

For those that loved the original Drawn game, it has similarities and if you like this game then check out Drawn. For beautiful scenery (the blossoms) and the adventure game, with not hard puzzles this is a must have game. And as I loved this game, the CE was worth it to me, in about 1-1 and a half hours of extra game play.

Go to: