Reviews for Art Mogul

Re:Reviews for Art Mogul

[Post New]by kugel44 on Aug 3, 11 6:14 AM
I didnt like the game at all but am not an art buff. I feel bad that people are quiting Big Fish. I think it is the best gaming site on line. My favorite game are HOG. I find that Big Fish is alway there and prompt if you have a problem and have wonderful games most of the time. Just say'n

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Aug 3, 11 7:08 AM
snapnhiss wrote:There are a few of us that like find-the-difference games.

Like me. Wish there were more in the mini-puzzle games.

(Art Detective is still one of my fav games.)

Nolaj
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Nolaj on Aug 3, 11 7:16 AM
I to have found Big Fish to be very very helpful. They always answer your questions and make sure you are happy. They get a A in my book for customer service.

There is no way to please us all and I would go broke with a good one everyday!!!

I love art too and will be seeing if I can figure out all the different types of buying and selling.

Have a great day and stay cool.

praireraven
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,707 Posts

[Post New]by praireraven on Aug 3, 11 7:17 AM
how long is this game, ? it looks short to me.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 3, 11 7:17 AM
I am really upset!!!

there are many who love TM, LFG and Puzzles so >>>>

I do NOT like some of these BUT I NEVER EVER go into those reviews and STATE "I HATE" this GAME

This link is FOR reviews about said game. When you watch on TV or read in papers movie reviews that is what is told.......

PLEASE be POLITE and NOT say I HATE H.O.G. & that is it!!!!

START other links and feel free to state your facts. I stop here and read to find out the diff. reasons & facts about the game. I like it when a fishie gives the PROS & KONS and how the game runs: the music, the graphics, the story, the is game short/long, and if there are any hidden items that must be found and most of all to find if there are any SKIP for the puzzles..

Happy Gaming
PEN

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Aug 3, 11 7:48 AM
am puzzled by auctions - I can't seem to work out what is needed.... can anyone help?

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Aug 3, 11 8:03 AM
> I hope your game ( Art Mogul ) will support monitors with widescreen resolution ( for example 1920x1080 ) .

Game’s native resolution is 1024*768, so there will be black stripes on the edges of widescreen monitors. Hope this won’t ruin your experience.

Well, it ruined it . No buy from me .

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Aug 3, 11 8:10 AM
I agree with you 70summerfield managed to buy the first art with arrows to change the pictures to find ****'s then came to sell and the arrows disappear so how are you to find the ****'s hope I explained that properly

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Aug 3, 11 8:10 AM
Interesting game i admit. Took a while to "get into it".
But I am afraid it's a "no buy" for me.

I enjoy the challange but not the rapid timing of bidding.

Iris for short

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Aug 3, 11 8:28 AM
maryerbe wrote:hello,well i havent played the game yet because i always come here first to see every one elses reviews,That is what this Thread is right?I really dont want to read about how much you think Bigfish is doing a bad job or your going to Cancel your Membership ,im pretty sure there is some where else you can write that or complain ,As far as i knew this is for comments about the game you just played .thank you sorry but i happen to like it here very much and Bigfish is doing a great job .Have a nice Day

Yeah, right. I want to read reviews as well, and not if someone has or hasn't played the game. Most people in this thread have at least tried the game and are expressing an opinion. You're the one who is NOT commenting on the game.

I actually liked the game and was disappointed when the hour was over. It's something different and you can do a lot of different things. Used a punchcard credit to buy it.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Aug 3, 11 8:28 AM
AriadneSP wrote:am puzzled by auctions - I can't seem to work out what is needed.... can anyone help?

The best I can figure is you need to find the small part of the painting that's in a circle to eliminate bidders. While you're doing that, you also need to keep hitting the bid button. I think, anyway... timed games make me nervous and I got out of it as soon as I could.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Aug 3, 11 8:30 AM
heatherington wrote:I lasted until I got to the first STD. How many times do we have to tell the developers that we don't like those things?

Uh, speak for yourself - "I" instead of "we".

I like spot-the-difference mini-games and enjoy when they are included in games.

Edited on 08/03/2011 at 8:32:09 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Aug 3, 11 8:34 AM
I know I am seriously spoiled rotten - lasted 3 minutes - found the whole concept very boring.

budordee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by budordee on Aug 3, 11 8:47 AM
It was ALMOST really good. I like the premise, but, I too, found it very difficult to get around in. I would get somewhere and didn't know how I did it and then couldn't find my way back again. It just wasn't a fun experience, challenging, yes, but not in the right way! Oh well, we'll see what tomorrow brings

[Post New]by Mr_Hiss on Aug 3, 11 10:04 AM
Well, I must have liked it. I tried the demo this morning, bought it after my hour was up, and then played it until I finished it.

I like games that blend different types of gameplay(like Match 3/Time Management). This blends Hidden Objects and Tycoon gaming. Travel around the world buying and selling paintings, using your hidden object skills to get the most bang for your buck.

Finding hidden objects is how you do just about everything in this game. It gets you better prices at galleries, forces other buyers out of auctions, and lets you tell real masterpieces from fake ones. The game's objective is to buy your own galleries and complete your collections to become an Art Mogul.

The game technically ends when you buy three galleries and fill them, though you have the option to keep playing, earning more money and unlocking better badges. Even if you're not the type to care about badges, there is some replay value as you have to choose the topic of your collection when you start it. If you collected pictures of animals last time, you can choose to collect medieval heraldry next time, for example.

You also have the option to buy and sell forgeries in seedy little cafes. I decided to be an honest dealer on my first playthrough, but will try my hand at forgeries next time. It looks like you can make a tidy profit, but run the risk of getting caught and harming your reputation. There are badges for making money selling forgeries...and for getting caught!

All in all, I thought it was a Game Club Credit well-spent and will probably play it again some time.

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Aug 3, 11 10:43 AM
I am in a rather unique position (unique to me, that is) because I CANNOT DECIDE!! I'm seriously on the fence about this one. I like the art part of it, and the novel approach to the hidden object aspect is... well, novel, to me anyway. But I am having trouble figuring out the "tycoon" aspect of it. I have two punchcard credits, and I just cannot decide whether or not to get this one. I agree with the people who've said a little more direction would be nice. I got a message that I had finished the tutorial and I kinda felt like "no, wait, more tutorial!" I've played about a total of 30 mins. of my demo time, and I think I'll give it a couple of days, see if I keep getting the urge to play it more...

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 3, 11 12:20 PM
This seems like a pleasant game. Nice graphics, decent music. Not crazy about the timed auction bids, but will probably buy as a DD if it is offered. Don't like the STD especially since you cannot compare them side by side.
Actually the one thing I really hate is the new game manager. It is too intrusive and counter intuitive. I have been thinking about dropping my membership because there are no new HOG's except for the CE's, and this new GM may push me over the edge.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Aug 3, 11 1:11 PM
I played the demo and did not have too hard a time figuring it out. I am not the best at STD games. I will probably buy with a credit since the art work is intriguing and it seems fun to build a portfolio. I do have to use my brain cells though in trying to remember where I saw the painting the requested item was in. Overall I might give this a 4 out of 5.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 3, 11 2:06 PM
Not for me! It has beautiful graphics! Beyond that, I had no love for it at all. I was a little too slow in figuring out what I was supposed to do. I usually need no Tutorial but really needed it here (might be one that i missed, don't know). I managed to buy the first painting and after some frustration, figured out how to get to San Francisco. At San Fran I was presented with the worst Spot the Diff game so far and I really hate Spot the Differences anyway. The two images were not even side-by-side! You must go back and forth between them to Spot the Differences. I can't do it when they are side-by-side. I could see no differences, exited the game and uninstalled. Sorry!

[Post New]by ChiliCheezFries on Aug 3, 11 2:24 PM
I'm with those who are considering canceling their memberships. The last few months I've been buying games I don't really even want, just to use my game credit. I am not a fan of the dark games that seem to make up most of BF's new offerings. When they do finally offer something different, it's usually not worth having. What I wouldn't give for a new Build a Lot or even a Farm Frenzy!

Go to: