Re:Post any Art Mogul technical issues here only

[Post New]by tangeljasper on Aug 4, 11 4:14 PM
I checked on the game cursor issue again and as noted by another person, cursor does work in window mode but not in full screen. Would really like to see an anwer from someone on this to let us know what to expect. Really like the game but if only can play in window mode, I don't think so.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Aug 4, 11 4:32 PM
Well, this is rather amusing: I always check the "options" on a trial game. I wondered what "safe mode" was, so I tried checking that box. I then got a beautiful black screen, upon which I could draw pictures with my cursor. No way to get back to that "option" to un-check the "safe mode". I look forward to this game being fixed, so maybe I could try it in the future.

[Post New]by mcffan09 on Aug 5, 11 6:54 AM
i dowloaded the trial, but it says 'times up' before i can even play it

kdorian
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by kdorian on Aug 6, 11 10:07 AM
Purchased the game, enjoyed it very much, and managed to get through the first game all the way to the end! It asked if I wanted to continue playing or start a new game; I chose new game, at which point I got an access violation and the game crashed.

Going back in, I'm the city I was in before I moved to the city to end the game. I moved to the city where I could finish and tried again, and again the game crashed.

If I can only play this through once, I'm going to demand my money back - you don't even have the option of making another player in this game!

kdorian
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by kdorian on Aug 6, 11 10:53 AM
kdorian wrote:...you don't even have the option of making another player in this game!

My bad - a little more poking around and I found you can make other players.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Aug 7, 11 10:56 AM

Profiles can not be completely deleted. If you delete a profile, it only deletes the profile name, but the game save information associated with that profile name remains intact and forever linked to that profile name. If you want to start the game over with the same profile name, you can't, because you'll be continuing at the same point you were at in the game prior to deleting the profile . All you can do at this point is to create a new profile with a different name. If you replay the game a lot, you'll eventually have so many profile names that you'll lose track of which profile you were using last. There may even be a limit to the number of active profiles you can have in the game. When you delete a profile, the game save information associated with that particular profile name should be completely erased along with the profile name. I hope the game developers can fix this problem.

Edited on 08/07/2011 at 2:12:12 PM PST

No cursor

[Post New]by bijou2577 on Aug 9, 11 7:58 AM
Same thing, no cursor. When are you going to fix the glitch?

AmberKB
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by AmberKB on Aug 9, 11 6:55 PM
I had no cursor issues (I played in window mode though). But I found the game to run sooo slow and choppily. Uninstalled right away.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 10, 11 10:38 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm popping in to let you know that a new build is now available that fixes the cursor issue and includes other minor updates.

If you'd like this version, please uninstall and reinstall your game. If you have any troubles with the game, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link). Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

KHalleron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by KHalleron on Aug 13, 11 11:56 AM
I bought the game on August 11, so I was running the new build to start with.

I finished the primary goal, and am now playing to collect all the trophies, but my game keeps freezing whenever I go to another city - it stays on the map, but nothing is clickable and the new city does not load.

I tried reinstalling anyway, but to no avail. I've also tried playing in window mode.

Obviously, I had been playing quite awhile before this happened, but now it happens every time I start the game.

EDIT: I restarted under another profile and the same thing occurred at about the same place in gameplay - had finished the major tasks, was working on the trophies.

This is really frustrating. I really like the game - but I can't play it to completion.

Edited on 08/14/2011 at 1:12:29 PM PST

Anya419
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Anya419 on Aug 17, 11 3:14 PM
I reinstalled the new build to no avail. I still had the cursor disappear. I chatted with tech support and they had no suggestions. Anyone else have this same problem? I tried it on Windows 7 and Vista!

[Post New]by LazyJones on Aug 21, 11 3:21 AM
I loved this game a lot.

2 issues though:
At first, my antivirus (PrevX) reported a high risk cloaked malware in the installation file.
That is starting to be recurring issue with Big Fish Games...

Then after playing for a couple of hours, the game suddenly exited. For no reason. With no error message.
And when I got back in the game, all progress was lost. Gone.
It hadn't been saved.

How could it not be saved?!

It happened again a few hours later, but this time, thank god, I was able to resume only a single city trip and painting sale earlier.

Edited on 08/21/2011 at 10:07:46 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Sep 3, 11 2:42 PM
still no cursor - oh, well...

Go to: