kymbeee
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Reviews for Timeless: The Forgotten Town

[Post New]by kymbeee on Aug 7, 11 12:00 PM
_DD_ wrote:
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Note to Developers: We prefer and love voiceovers.

careful with that "we", pls... I don't mind voiceovers, but always prefer text (even in case of good voiceovers: additionally). Text is also the usual target for translations.

Nice game indeed.

I agree, sometimes when the "accents" are done so poorly it makes me cringe each time they speak, and I wish they had not done voiceovers. I.e. the most recent ND game, the voiceovers were horrible... which you wouldn't know unless you speak the language the accent is supposed to come from, but developpers shouldn't assume that gamers only speak English!

Off to try this game now, just had to put in my two cents about voiceovers (which for the most part I do enjoy.)

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Aug 7, 11 12:17 PM
SueDee67 wrote:Well, nobody mentioned that there are no Skip Buttons for the puzzles, and since the answers to them are random, which nobody mentioned, the walkthrough is useless, and I wasted my money. I'm sure glad that I did not waste my money on the Strategy Guide too.

Apologies SueDee I meant to put this in my review

There are skip buttons for the mini games on easy mode but if you play on hard mode there is no skip

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Aug 7, 11 12:48 PM
Didn't care for the game. Too many hidden objects and not enough adventure. The first **** scene got me angry. One of the items to find was NECKLACE and lo and behold there were several. There should only be one of an item... I clicked on each of the four necklaces and thought maybe it was a flaw in the game that it didn't work... but no the necklace was a more remotely place one. If I see a long string of pearls... that's a necklace to me. I would have been angry if I'd have paid the CE price.

No Skips.... I also demand "skips" for the puzzles in the games I purchase. I got stuck on the last game I bought... never could get those lion heads straight in Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace. So I never got to finish the game.

A no buy for me since I don't like junk pile hidden object scenes and this one has one after another.... boring!

Edited on 08/07/2011 at 12:52:24 PM PST

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on Aug 7, 11 1:39 PM
I found this to be an enjoyable H0 game. The story wasn't very developed, but I didn't mind. I just enjoyed interacting with the graphics. The length was average for H0 games, probably around 3 hours for experienced players. I found it easy to understand what to do in the puzzles, but the completion of those puzzles was tedious.
I was able to find the hidden objects without increasing the brightness of my monitor.

Thanks, Developers, for a well-crafted, classic Hidden Object/Adventure game.

P.S. I only found the problem of multiple items with the same name in the first H0 scene. In my case it was TIARA. There were at least three, but only one was the "right" one.

Edited on 08/07/2011 at 1:40:37 PM PST

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on Aug 7, 11 1:51 PM
Fabulous HOG. One of the few games that I have enjoyed enough to finish in one day. Some of the mini-games stumped me though. Lovely graphics.

Areal
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Areal on Aug 7, 11 1:55 PM
Too many hidden object, one after another. Didn't even finished the Demo, I prefer some more adventure.

bever55
Clownfish
Clownfish
604 Posts

[Post New]by bever55 on Aug 7, 11 2:51 PM
Thanks for the information about the no skip button in the hard mode. I tend to play in the hard mode when the option is given as I like less sparkles but there are some puzzles that I personally hate -the ones where you have to light up everything- so if there is no skip button then there is no buy. Really why would the dev. do this?

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Aug 7, 11 2:56 PM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Note to Developers: We prefer and love voiceovers.
I don't! I find most VOs cheesily (or otherwise poorly) acted and I prefer text that I can read quickly and then move on.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Aug 7, 11 4:14 PM
I just bought the game, I want to thank BF and DEV's for all there hard work..
I have n ot had any issues with the game manager..I hope whoever buys this game is having as much fun as i am having..

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 8, 11 12:20 PM
SueDee67 wrote:Well, nobody mentioned that there are no Skip Buttons for the puzzles, and since the answers to them are random, which nobody mentioned, the walkthrough is useless, and I wasted my money. I'm sure glad that I did not waste my money on the Strategy Guide too.

There IS a SKIP button for EVERY puzzle.

After long consideration, I did buy the CE, mainly because quite a few people mentioned that the ending of the main game is quite abrupt, and that the bonus game gives a proper ending.

And boy, am I glad I got the CE. Yes, the main game did ended rather abruptly, even though it seemed as if the story had finished. But you never know what happens to your character after the main game finishes, but you will find out in the bonus game.

I loved the game. I don`t know why I thought that the game didn`t grab me when I first demoed it when it came out. I think it was also to do with rather a lot of H0 scenes that followed each other.
But being prepared for those when I bought the game, I had so much fun with it.

I really loved the puzzles and mini games - didn`t have any problems with the Venus and Mars gate symbols as so many gamers seemed to have had - and thought that many of the mini games were quite unique.

Like someone else before me said, I also was thrown out of the game once, but that happened in the bonus game. Other than that, I had no problems with the game.

Really enjoyed this one.

Edited on 08/09/2011 at 12:33:10 AM PST

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Aug 9, 11 6:59 AM
The game play was very nice. Objects not to hard to find. Had some trouble with the sillouette searches, but very enjoyable. The major thing I didn't like was that the game was VERY short. Seemed like just a matter of a couple hours. Glad I didn't by the CE. :-)

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Aug 9, 11 3:56 PM
I finished the game today. I'm glad I bought it. Some on this thread have compared it to Death at Fairing Point. The time frame was similar. Many scenes were bright and well drawn. The story line was good. That said, Fairing Point is a superior game, and I'm waiting for the next installment.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Aug 9, 11 11:47 PM
I am not too very far into the game and am loving it so far. Good graphics and storyline. HOG scenes were clear most of the time and since they are not a favorite part the the games for me, this is a plus. I just want to get through them as fast as possible and get on the adventure of the game.
My only problem is that the CE was not offered and I usually prefer them. I did not even realize that there was a CE version until I read the reviews. I emailed customer service and am hoping I will be able to obtain it. But, I want to know why the CE was not offered. I am glad that I purchased though and am hoping that the SE is still going to be a good game.

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on Aug 11, 11 2:07 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote: "No Voiceovers". Note to Developers: We prefer and love voiceovers. ‘

Is that the royal 'we'? Speak for yourself - I hate voiceovers!

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on Aug 11, 11 2:13 AM
I really want to love this game - there's alot to like. The graphics and the music are wonderful and the storyline is interesting.

But the hidden object scenes are tedious in the extreme and to make matters worse the click penalty comes in really quickly and lasts for ages. I hate hidden object scenes anyway but it's difficult to find an adventure game without them. At least without a click penalty you can get through them more quickly. i always think that the developers put in hidden object scenes to make the game longer. these are mostly junk pile. There is a mixture of silhouette and hidden object which the pure HOG lovers will appreciate.

I doubt I'll buy it as it has too many HOG scenes and not enough adventure.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Aug 11, 11 12:50 PM
Good game!!!

Graphics were CLEAR and LARGE and yet sophisticated in the presentation.

The general 'mood' was a great reprieve from the saturating "dark" I've played in recent games... a nice mix of pleasantry with just a twist of eerie.... enjoyed the eye candy and the music was melodic and varied. I agree voice overs as an option would be a nice addition as well.

Would love to see more games like this....

Yay~!

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 12:55:42 PM PST

bt1151
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by bt1151 on Aug 12, 11 3:15 AM
Isn't it great that we all like different things!
I loved the ration of hidden object to adventure here. I like voice-overs only if I can click them away after I've finished reading (as people said, we read much quicker than they talk).
One more good point to this game: I only played the trial so far but f I'm not mistaken (always a possibility), previously removed items didn't reappear in the hidden object scenes.
Enjoy!!

Edited on 08/12/2011 at 3:16:20 AM PST

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Aug 12, 11 6:56 AM

What a delightful little game there are skip options in normal mode, ok not the longest but its kept me entertained for a few hours.

hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Aug 12, 11 7:12 AM
I have to say that this game had the best music I have heard for a long time in a game...It fit the situations as they happened yet was soothing and really helped make this game enjoyable....Loved everything about it but especially the music....Thanks BFG...

minidoll10
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by minidoll10 on Aug 12, 11 8:24 AM
I am trying this game because someone said game reminds me of Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Lnightstone Novel. I also loved that game!! also

Go to: