Re:Reviews for Jessica Secret of the Caribbean

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 10, 11 11:55 AM
I tend to agree with most of the negative comments, [/b]BUT with a free trial of one hour there is no reason not to try the game for yourself and make up your own mind. If we all thought the same, all dogs and cats would be rescue animals.

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Aug 10, 11 1:40 PM
peglegann wrote:Excellent review Sinshack!

I agreed with your point of view that
"It is a very simple game, so experienced players will probably not enjoy it unless they are looking for light entertainment."
Definitely a probable DD for me, especially as it was first released in 2009, so really it should be a DD today and not the TGT! LOL!

Yep here we go with the clear out bin/ rejects again...
OMGosh BFG is it tooo much for us humble fishies to ask for games that work properly and are recent releases.....
salaams from Oz

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Aug 10, 11 1:52 PM
Yawn. Boring. May be a good game for the very young or inexperienced.

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Aug 10, 11 1:52 PM
Yawn. Boring. May be a good game for the very young or inexperienced.

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Aug 10, 11 1:56 PM
Oops, didn't mean to post twice.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 10, 11 2:28 PM
@lionscat If you get two posts like this, you can delete one of them. Just click on the Red X in the upper right of the message box!

I also want to say: Welcome to the forums!

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Aug 10, 11 3:29 PM
I am VERY tolerant of HOGs, but this one had me hitting the Delete button after 5 minutes. Can't believe I had to go through the uninstall/reinstall process for the GM for this Carp. What a waste of time.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Aug 10, 11 3:32 PM
I bought this one a couple of years ago during a BF hog drought...waste of money, as it is very short. I have learned my lessons though, and always keep plenty of books on hand. Would rather read a good book than play a lousy game nowadays

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Aug 10, 11 3:44 PM
I don't think this game is anywhere as bad as other posters are making it out to be. If nothing else, everyone should form their own opinion and do the hour demo. Not sure why someone would think this game should be in the children's section since it is not a child's game. Not every adult wants to play games with blood, gore, vampires, etc. If released on BF a few years ago, everyone would have raved about it.

I did finish the game in the hour demo, but I skipped a lot of games I didn't feel like playing. If someone took the time to actually read all the dialogue and play all the games, it would probably take 2-3 hours. The graphics were cute. Cartoony, but cute. The storyline somewhat interesting. I thought the music was great. I do feel that now it probably would have been better released as a DD, but it is at least worth a try for yourself.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Aug 10, 11 4:01 PM
This is a fine game for folks that have not been playing long. The hints are pretty easy to earn, there doesn't seem to be a penalty for wrong guesses. While some things are pretty small and hard to find there is no timer and you can always use a hint.
I can picture some little people I know playing this since there are so many different puzzles to keep their attention. Hidden objects with words and pictures, jigsaw puzzles, find the difference, concentration matches - wow.

Ssami
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Ssami on Aug 10, 11 4:29 PM
my granddaughter tried this game and thought it was "old" and not up to Big Fish's usual standards and I have to agree with her. She used my account, with my permission, and bought the game so I'm stuck with it; but I won't be finishing it.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Aug 10, 11 4:29 PM
I don't think I would even buy this as a dd. It was a matter of clicking everything that was out of place....very simple. Annoying to have to find the same things over again by shape and having the shaped come in only a few at a time. I enjoyed the mini games. The find the combination had wrong directions. I found the first 3 numbers and tried every combination with no results. Directions said each number would only be used once. My combination had 2 of the same number in it. It seems like a very amateurish attempt at making a game.

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Aug 10, 11 5:11 PM
The big problem for me with this game is the temptation to make jokes about her honeymoon and the level of difficullty.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Aug 10, 11 10:12 PM
Not surprised to read that this is not a new game. Unfortunately it plays like a much older game that doesn't stand the test of time. I gave up after only 13 minutes. Sad to say that the biggest disappointment was the very first screen and it pretty much gives you an idea of how the rest of the game is going to play out. One did not even have to look at the list of objects; one only had to click on anything that looked remotely out of place in what should be an unoccupied hotel room. The spot the difference screen was no better - I found the 10 differences in as many seconds - it was that obvious. There may have been more "fun" mini-games to come, but the game didn't capture my interest enough to bother playing out the demo. Hey it costs nothing but your time to demo the game and judge for yourself, but even as something "light" to pass an afternoon away, there are much better choices even if this was offered as a DD.

Edited on 08/10/2011 at 10:19:47 PM PST

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on Aug 11, 11 1:25 AM
This is the most boring game I have ever played. It looks very old and plays just as badly.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Aug 11, 11 2:22 AM
I seem to go with the flow here. I didn't care for this game much either. I think it was too simple and not even good for a rainy day game. I hardly ever exit out of demos, just like someone else had mentioned, but this one I did. The music was awful and the clapping (where did that come from? was I hearing things?) . The graphics were awful with some of the items too small. ( Although I didn't have too use too many hints.) Sorry BF, this game didn't grab me at all. I would rate a "3" out of 10. One of my lowest ratings...

[Post New]by springsjulie on Aug 11, 11 7:44 AM
Wow, that really sucked.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Aug 11, 11 12:59 PM
I triedl, too short not worth the money to buy or use a credit. What a poort choice after all the CE games.

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Aug 11, 11 1:09 PM
I do not normally comment about a game but honestly boring

[Post New]by gamerforever on Aug 11, 11 3:26 PM
Now I know why the graphics looked so old as they are. A 2009 game??? Come on BFG. You are really going down faster than a $10 hooker.

I expect more from you than this trash. This game was boring beyond belief. And the music was terrible. I couldn't even finish the hour trial as it was just too boring and annoying for me.

I wouldn't purchase this game if it was a daily deal.

Go to: