bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bbelle on Aug 11, 11 6:03 AM
But, very uncomfortable Strategy Guide!!! - half point minus, TeamSD...A instead of A*... It doesn't leave you on the place you have been, and each time I have to scroll and search the place I was. I hope that ERS will fix this - really annoying...at least for me, because I always use the SG

I agree.I don't like to start over and scroll to find my place where I left off. Come on, ERS. Fix this, please.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Aug 11, 11 6:12 AM
(Disclaimer--a little over 30 minutes into the game)--

Well, Mudrock promised us the "Redemption" sequel, and here it is! I D/L'd the demo in just a few heartbeats, played about 15 minutes, and jumped on the "Buy It" button. An hour and a half later, I had the full version--worth the wait (and the $) in my book!

The intro is really well done, and reminds me of the intro to that classic TV program "Tales From The Darkside." There is very good voice acting initially, but I don't know if that will carry on. The options menu is pretty much standard--sound FX and music sliders, cursor choice, screen choice, and, eventually, gameplay choice (not sparklies, but rather, a twinkling white cross, in "Regular" mode). The cursor does change, depending on the task (directional arrow, magnifying glass, hand, etc.). Hidden-object scenes are interactive (aren't they all, nowadays?), and the stuff (listed on "tombstones" that disappear when you find what's shown there) is fairly easy to see. So far, the inventory hasn't gotten overburdened, like in some games--collect something, then use it pretty soon, not 5 chapters from now.

The graphics, as you'd expect, are moody and broody, but there should be no surprises there. They're crisp and clear, even though we're talkin' "Darkside" here. The storyline--a Warlock has put a curse on us and some children--now it's up to us (of course) to break the curse and banish the Warlock. The first couple of puzzles I've come across require a bit of gray-cell work, but not too much. The hint system re-ups in a minute, and the Strategy Guide seems well-done--it shows ten chapters plus a Bonus--guess that bodes well for game length.

(Sheesh--I've gotten wordy here!)--I'd give this 4 s--5 s were it not for a well-used plotline.

Regards, elldee

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Aug 11, 11 6:17 AM
bratzgram wrote:I absolutely loved this demo! The Hidden Object scenes are excellent as are the mini games. Hints and skips are all available and fill relatively quick. The graphics are great and the voice overs well done.

For me there was a definite twist after the first chapter. Really liked that!
Speaking of chapters . It's a good thing that I read the reviews because I thought there were only 3. That's all you can see in the strategy guide during the demo. From the reviews I take it there are 10. I wasn't going to buy for that reason but now I will.
The strategy guide leaves a bit to be desired. You have to click through to find your place each time you use it. Bad ERS!

I really couldn't find anything I didn't like about this so far. Strategy guide aside. Some may say that it's an overused story line but I have never much cared what the story is as long as the play is good. And it is!

I would definitely recommend advanced mode unless you want to fly through it but you better be on your toes. Casual gives you the(to some) dreaded sparkles to lead your way.

I really think this is a must have for any Adventure/ Hidden Object addict.

Stories are not something I go to a game for. Either I enjoyed what part of the demo I played or not. Doesn't matter who else did or did not like it. Length is sometimes a factor, sometimes not. More relevant seems to be my mood on any given day, system cursor that still aligns properly as I don't like the custom ones and no effort needed to convince me to get the game. Other than that I don't understand what all the review fuss and nastiness is about, cloaked and insinuated or not. Those who are truly $ challenged do have decisions to make and I pop off a code as often as I can. Other than that ...............

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 6:20:55 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Aug 11, 11 6:18 AM
excellent game, I will be buying this game, I am very excited I will have something to play this weeknd the DEV's out did thereselves, everything was so beautiful there Graphics, sounds was great!!! Thx BF you know how to please most of the fishes today..Keep up the good work DEV's,Kuddo's to you and your staff..

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Aug 11, 11 6:37 AM
I loved the Redemption Cemetery that was a recent CotW so will definitely get this one. Will wait for SE and buy without demoing as I know this will be even better.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Aug 11, 11 6:38 AM
The game is well done but unfortunately boring. Even at the expert level it was incredibly easy. I might buy it as an SE if I had nothing else to do but I don't think I'd buy it as a CE.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 11, 11 7:02 AM
I was fortunate to get this game as a beta and loved it then. So definitely a buy for me. Can't go wrong with an ERS game. There isn't a whole lot to complain about. My only gripe is the very sloooooooow download which I did not have until the new game manager. The demo only took about 10 minutes, and I realize that the purchase is a larger file but it seems it is taking a much much longer time than usual to download.

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 7:03:31 AM PST

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Aug 11, 11 7:24 AM
Please if you have any problems with the strategy guide crashing the game,will you post in the tech thread ,instead of here .There are already quite a lot of posts with the same problem, but if BF doesn't know that it is just a few, they won't get it fixed!

[Post New]by downunder46 on Aug 11, 11 8:07 AM
Really love this game. I loved the first one and this is just as good, if not better. I like games by ERS, they are always great. When the trial finished, I couldn't believe an hour had already passed, it felt like maybe half an hour. I knew after maybe ten to fifteen minutes that it was a buy for me! I just couldn't wait till the SE came out, and that doesn't happen a lot. I'm not a fast player, about average I'd say. I was down the well when the trial finished, so that would be maybe almost halfway through the second chapter. I am d/ling as I write this, but will have to leave it going when I go to bed, as it's 1a.m. on Friday, 12th August here in Victoria, Australia, and I have a busy day tomorrow. BTW, can anyone tell me how to get rid of the Edit mark when I post. I don't see it on anyone else's post, but always on mine, and I don't know how to make it disappear. Thanks in advance.

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 8:11:51 AM PST

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Aug 11, 11 8:29 AM
downunder, the edit mark is always on just your post, we dont see it, you cant remove it. Enjoy your day in Australia, I have Australian Cattle dogs, by the way HEHE

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Aug 11, 11 9:06 AM
I loved the first Redemption Cemetery and eagerly await the SE of this one!

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 9:06:39 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Aug 11, 11 9:08 AM
This review is based on the demo version only. I'll get the disappointments out of the way first. I'm amazed that this developer still offers no wide-screen selection or aspect ratio correction for widescreen monitors. Second, the strategy guide (yes, I actually looked at it this time - LOL) doesn't bookmark the last page used. Third, if voiceovers are used, please either use them sparingly (perhaps only the crow and the warlock) or do them exceedingly well. Fourth, if I'm playing in expert mode, obviously I don't want all the hints, so why are hints given with so many of the objects that are picked up (i.e. you found the eyes of cerebus, the nose of cerebus, the heart of cerebus, scythe blade)?

Okay, enough of the disappointments. The graphics are excellent and the atmosphere and music are appropriately eerie and add to the overall effect. The storyline seems a bit thin, but undoubtedly fleshes out more during the rest of the game. I don't see how a mother has to redeem herself for a warlock taking her child, but hey, maybe there's some sort of pact she made with the devil or something. Overall, the dark and eerie fans are sure to enjoy this one.

nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Aug 11, 11 10:33 AM
FYI - for those who are worrying about the Game Manager putting your games on the C drive, while the GM options page says the C drive, IN FACT THEY ARE STILL GOING TO WHATEVER YOU CHANGED THE DEFAULT TO. They are going to the correct place. The GM is just not LISTING the correct location on its page. In other words, it's working fine, but GM's display is the only thing that's incorrect.

I haven't changed the GM from the C drive listed, yet my games are all loading on my external hard drive.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 11, 11 10:34 AM
Another good game from ERS. How can a company with such a cute rabbit mascot pt out so many macabre games? There are some twisted minds there. I fit right in

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 11, 11 10:37 AM
I almost forgot. How do I get my games to download to an external drive? Also, can I just transfer my games to the external drive or will I have to re-install them?
Thanks

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Aug 11, 11 10:39 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this CE game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 1:18:17 PM PST

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Aug 11, 11 11:40 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
nomatt wrote:
ps, Although it downloaded quite quickly for a change, I have to uninstall it, I DON'T WANT MY GAMES ON C!!!!! sigh.
You can choose for anorther driver.

I used a separate hard drive to store my games. Filled it up before I asked how long they keep them in my account to download later. They said they all stay there and feel free to uninstall them and they will be here waiting when I am ready to play them again. Now I download them, play the demo (don't usually buy more than 2 per month) and uninstall if I am not interested. Works so far.
Bessie Mae

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Aug 11, 11 11:41 AM
Old_Man_River wrote:I almost forgot. How do I get my games to download to an external drive? Also, can I just transfer my games to the external drive or will I have to re-install them?
Thanks

According to Dr. Felix, you will need to uninstall them and change your setting on the game manager to a new save location. I went from hard drive to external drive then back again.
Bessie Mae

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Aug 11, 11 11:43 AM
dollyflower wrote:I loved the first Redemption Cemetery and eagerly await the SE of this one!

Me too.
Bessie Mae

Would love to hear from others if the bonus play is worth the extra cost.

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Aug 11, 11 11:45 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:After I was stuck like most of us at 17% of the trial, I decided that I won't waste my time on trials (336 Mega), but will jump into the cold water, and buy the game.

For my surprise, till 700 Mega, the download was fast, without any problem. But for the rest 58 Mega, I had to wait an hour... At least I already have the game, I won't pass any ERS game, even if you hang me on a tall tree...

I agree with TeamSD, shadowfax, and our "Fine Swine" fishie (each time I laugh, Miss Lisa! ).

Wonderful game, great graphics, and fast change of the hints. ERS!

But, very uncomfortable Strategy Guide!!! - half point minus, TeamSD...A instead of A*... It doesn't leave you on the place you have been, and each time I have to scroll and search the place I was. I hope that ERS will fix this - really annoying...at least for me, because I always use the SG

10 chapters, and a bonus chapter - seems to be quite long game.

Thanks ERS, Thanks BF!

Can you tell me what is included in the "Extras" I like the screensavers on some of the CE's. Thanks!

Go to: