jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by jmwillo on Aug 11, 11 7:22 AM
Downloaded the game this morning and when finished came up that trail time was over. I hadn't even played the game anyone else had this problem? Now what to do as I can not even try before I buy!!!!!

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by SusanBStephens on Aug 11, 11 7:36 AM
SG page 11/50, Game crashes!
What's the use of buying the CE when the SG crashes the game?

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lyn58 on Aug 11, 11 7:37 AM
Well most of you got farther then I did. DL fine but when got to the play screen I had no cursor and just the sound of thunder. Any suggestions out there.

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 7:38:01 AM PST

geezerhundmom
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by geezerhundmom on Aug 11, 11 7:38 AM
Just adding this post to say I also can't get past the strategy guide crash in chapter three - also stuck cuz I can't figure out without the strategy guide what to do next.

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Aug 11, 11 7:48 AM
Same problem as all the rest freezing & closing in Guide just after fix electric box

challis3
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by challis3 on Aug 11, 11 7:54 AM
I never accessed the strategy guide in my demo so not sure if I would have that proble. BUT- I have the same problem as the first poster- I purchased the game and found that it wouldn't activate. When I went to purchase history it had recorded my purchase as being for the first Redemption Cemetery. NOT HAPPY.

puzzle_player
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by puzzle_player on Aug 11, 11 8:00 AM
Same here. Game closes after using strategy guide at store.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

Post any Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 11, 11 8:04 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

But 72 hours is a heck of time to wait in order to get help. they always want t Dr. Do Do Felix, etc. I say use the previous one sent.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 11, 11 8:07 AM
RivenWolfe wrote:
mamajay wrote:Contact CS. I hear all the time that they are very helpful, and the couple of times I have had problems or queries, they have most certainly been very helpful to me

Jen

PS: I can see why you got confused - I have nearly done the same thing a couple of times, and only just managed to stop before it was too late, lol.

Yeh I thought so, Jen, will contact CS.
The thing is, I wasn't confused with buying it, seeing as I brought the thing off the GM when the trial of this game ended. It's the GM that linked me to buying the first game, had I taken more notice I'd have seen it was the wrong game coming up, but I rarely check because I've never had problems with the GM linking to the wrong game before. I'm always very careful with checking that I don't have the same game when buying from a series. And the site is rather good telling you which games you already have, (but can't seem to differentiate between the normal ones and CEs).
It will be interesting to see how many others have brought the wrong version when everyone who has trouble with it downloading finally comes to activating them, so maybe I'm just the unlucky one..? ~laughs~

But thanks for the note, Jen. We'll see how we go.

Cami

this game just came out today Thursday Aug. 11. I know there are many time zones, but why is the US the last to get a game from 2 or 3 days ago that wasn't listed.

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Aug 11, 11 8:07 AM
After buying game and getting to general store and using strategy in general store my game crashes and goes to game manager . I have tried 3 times. Something wrong with strategy hints. It looks like alot of gamers are having the same problem with strategy game.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Aug 11, 11 8:20 AM
Same here SG keeps crashing game!

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Aug 11, 11 8:35 AM
The strategy guide game crash! I uninstalled, did a shutdown and restart, reinstalled with my virus program disabled. And man, did that take a long time with the new Game Monster. Restarted the game and opened the strategy guide to page 12 -- crash! I am sending a message to CS; just hope they're not so involved with the Game Monster issue that they can't find the time to respond.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Aug 11, 11 8:44 AM
I tried the demo. The game crashes suddenly...didn't access the SG. Started up the game again, it says profile corrupted; I had to start all the way from the beginning of the game.

Edit: This happened when I was trying to get down to the well.

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 8:52:17 AM PST

[Post New]by judyhatcher on Aug 11, 11 9:03 AM
My game has crashed twice right after the first amulet is installed, causing me to restart the game with a new profile. Please correct if possible.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 11, 11 9:04 AM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for posting about the Strategy Guide crash in this thread. I just wanted to come by to let you know that we are looking into this issue and will post an update and an announcement at the top of the Game Forum once we have more information. Thank you for your patience.

If you are experiencing a game crash unrelated to the Strategy Guide, please take a look at this help article for troubleshooting steps that might help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you still need assistance with the game, please get in touch with our Tech Support (you can click on this link) team and our reps will be happy to assist you with the game. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 9:05:37 AM PST

[Post New]by judyhatcher on Aug 11, 11 9:04 AM
My game has crashed twice right after the first amulet is installed, causing me to restart the game with a new profile. Please correct if possible.

nikoko
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by nikoko on Aug 11, 11 9:13 AM
I wish I could try this game - have tried about 4 times and each time I get error 803 and it won't activate (takes ages to initialise as well!!). Anyway I looked up this error in the help section and followed the info on how to avoid this error. Great excitement .... unistalled last failed download, redownloaded (40 mins) and ..... error happened again. I am now screaming

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 9:14:29 AM PST

deelberger
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by deelberger on Aug 11, 11 9:14 AM
mamajay wrote:Contact CS. I hear all the time that they are very helpful, and the couple of times I have had problems or queries, they have most certainly been very helpful to me

Jen

The last few times I've contacted CS, they've been anything but helpful. First issue is the time it takes them to respond. They said it would be 24-72 hours...it was closer to 90 hours. Then, the response I did get was to tell me they were behind in answering problems, but if I still had the problem, contact them again so I had to start the process over. When I finally got an answer, more than 6 days later, it was basically, sorry, we don't why the game isn't working for you, but here's a coupon code so you can buy another game. I don't like coupon codes, they can't be used towards the purchase of CEs for one thing and there wasn't another game I wanted to buy, especially since most of the games they've been putting out either stink or they end up not running properly after purchase (although they always seem to work fine for me during the trial).

I hope she's able to get a quicker response from them and that they give her the game she meant to purchase!

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by Mimisix on Aug 11, 11 9:26 AM
This game is just full of glitches. Same thing just happened to me. Game crashed in the General Store trying to fill gas cylinder. That, along with not getting as full screen is really agravating. And to think I paid full price for this!

lesley234
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lesley234 on Aug 11, 11 9:28 AM
Adding my plight to the rest.......no pun intended.
This is a first regarding tech issue for me and I'm not a happy camper right now.

BF do something!! please! It's a SG problem, hope you can fix.

Go to: