clpond53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts technical issues here only

[Post New]by clpond53 on Aug 13, 11 7:30 AM
gma5 wrote:It downloaded for me! Only problem is, it does the same thing it did as a CE. It goes to black screen (after selecting play) for a split second, then back to game manager. Try to uninstall, and it says the game is running. The only way to stop the game from 'runnung' is to reboot the computer! I have wanted to play this ever since I saw the CE, can't you fix this game? I don't understand why you even posted the SE, if you haven't solved the problems of the CE!

Ditto.

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts technical issues here only

[Post New]by hpenfold on Aug 13, 11 7:37 AM
The problem I'm having is it wont load at all press play and nothing.

How ever did download fine for me

jericec
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jericec on Aug 13, 11 7:41 AM
Count me in on the unable to play because it flashes black and then back to
GM screen "Thanks for playing" Club~! Didn't have any problems DLing that went off with no problems.................I really am disappointed, I want a game to play! Last night the Paranormal Investigator game gave me trouble going to black and then nothing, well nothing except taking away mins of my free trial! Had to reboot several times! So frustrating!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Aug 13, 11 7:41 AM
Download is fine for me, but the GM becomes unresponsive when it tries to install the game.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
588 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Aug 13, 11 7:44 AM
Downloaded trial. Now, when I click "play" (showing 60 minutes), nothing happens. Tried to uninstall from the GM - cannot do that either. Have 2 games on the GM now and cannot play trials or even uninstall either one. Vampire Saga is active on the GM but clicking on it to play also does nothing. Don't know what is going on.

MSG050110
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MSG050110 on Aug 13, 11 8:04 AM
DITTO FOR ME TOO! Downloaded with no problem but will not open now to the game. Just the flash of black screen and back to the Game Manager.

Darla1108
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Darla1108 on Aug 13, 11 8:27 AM
ciscaR8 wrote:the game downloaded at normal speed, when i click on play nothing happens, dont get an error nothing at all, uninstalled it several times, but no luck of playing this game
Cisca

This is exactly what's happening to me. I was able to download just fine, but nothing happens. I click Play and nothing. I was able to demo the CE but this won't do anything.

Just came back after trying to uninstall and I can't uninstall through the Game Manager. This is really getting to be more trouble than it's worth. I always liked that BF had a game manager where my games could be easily located and uninstalled, but I am really disappointed with this new version.

Edited on 08/13/2011 at 8:29:52 AM PST

lkwriter
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by lkwriter on Aug 13, 11 8:35 AM
Darla1108 wrote:This is exactly what's happening to me. I was able to download just fine, but nothing happens. I click Play and nothing. I was able to demo the CE but this won't do anything.

Just came back after trying to uninstall and I can't uninstall through the Game Manager. This is really getting to be more trouble than it's worth. I always liked that BF had a game manager where my games could be easily located and uninstalled, but I am really disappointed with this new version.

Those of you who aren't getting a response to the Play button - this happened to me as well. And then I discovered that the Play button for all my other games wasn't working. I rebooted my computer and started up the GM again (it had seemed slower than usual for me this morning), and now Play does work again. I was able to play the demo by finding the actual game folder and running the game exe, not the BFG one. You may want to try one of these two things to see if it helps.

bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 13, 11 9:04 AM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for posting about the downloading and game loading issues you're having with this game.

For those of you having troubles with downloading this game, please take a look at this help article:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Please also make sure that you have the latest version of IE as it has proven to help those having troubles with slow downloads with the Game Manager 3.0. Here is a help article with more information: Game Manager Browser Requirements

If you are unable to load the game properly, please take a look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Still having troubles with the game? Please get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report so that our team can help you with the game. We always highly recommend getting in touch with our Support Team so that our reps can help you individually with these issues. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

ciscaR8
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Aug 13, 11 9:12 AM
hannah57 wrote:my game downloaded fast but when I click play it won't do anything so I tried to uninstall it and it says stock overlow on line 109

what i found out that you have to shut down pc, come back and than you can uninstall the game, i done that dl it again and still isnt working, the overload means the game is still running

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Aug 13, 11 9:14 AM
lkwriter wrote:
Darla1108 wrote:This is exactly what's happening to me. I was able to download just fine, but nothing happens. I click Play and nothing. I was able to demo the CE but this won't do anything.

Just came back after trying to uninstall and I can't uninstall through the Game Manager. This is really getting to be more trouble than it's worth. I always liked that BF had a game manager where my games could be easily located and uninstalled, but I am really disappointed with this new version

This is happening to me, too. I'm starting to believe all the scuttlebutt about the new GM being bad. Let me try that reboot tactic and see if it works. This is annoying!!

hansa44
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by hansa44 on Aug 13, 11 10:10 AM
I've learned that when a new and very popular game comes out there can be a lot of download issues because so many people are trying to dl it at the same time. The system seems to get bogged down and if you can just wait till nighttime or the next day you'll probably have better luck.

This usually works for me.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 13, 11 10:33 AM
the charcoal rubbing froze and I couldn't retreive it after it was done. the only option was to wait until the skip button filled up and click on yes to skip puzzle.

then the game cursor when from nice to a black cursor . gremlins or some minor glitches in the game.

then when I put the gold leaf in the pot and got the vial and did my drawing the dang game ended. yes I even said some very unlady like words

did I get sent to the corner like a kid would or get my mouth washed out with soap. No, my 5 babies no better than to do that to the hand that feeds them. I have birds. game should have been before the CE one. will I purchase '? only if they check it out for the minor glitches and fix them.

[Post New]by BigFootedMonster on Aug 13, 11 11:21 AM
It downloaded and installed fine for me. The only problem is that it says my trial has expired, as I had tried the CE. I wanted to try it again because I don't really remember the CE. Oh, well.

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Aug 13, 11 12:05 PM
This downloaded ok but then my stop sign said it was infected. I pressed cure and was able to play out the demo. After the demo the game was isolated and when this happens I just delete. I have a brand new computer and don't want to mess it up. When stop sign says I have a problem I listen..

[Post New]by sccorbett on Aug 13, 11 12:39 PM
I have the Mac game and it continues to crash. I try to go back to the cave and add the green button to the puzzle, but the game crashes every time. I can move around the island okay, but as soon as I get in the boat to return I get an Apple warning that the game quit unexpectedly. I then have to go back and redo the underground bathosphere area over and over again.

bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 13, 11 1:38 PM
BigFootedMonster, please exit out of the Game Manager (by clicking on the 'x') then pull it up again. This should allow you to play the Trial Version.

For those of you experiencing a game crash, please first take a look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

And if you need further assistance, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link).

sccorbett, I would recommend taking a look at the following help article for some troubleshooting steps that could help:

Mac Game Errors

If this doesn't help, please get in touch with our Support Team. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Aug 13, 11 2:15 PM
I think I have you all beat! I've always had a slow download with BF, but nothing like this one! With the [removed by moderator] sale today, I purchased 5 games, Ancient Astronauts being one of them. I started at 10:10 a.m. It is now 4:10 p.m. and the game is only 72% downloaded. Six hours seem a bit much to you? Sure does to me and it's not even complete. I figure that at 1 MB per minute, I have another 2 hours to go. If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny. I have 4 games to download yet. How can anybody put up with this kind of download time? I have this issue already sent to Technical Service Dept. Sure hope they can help with this one. Even Dr. Felix downloaded faster than this game!

Edited on 08/14/2011 at 11:18:41 AM PST

Slapahojo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Slapahojo on Aug 13, 11 3:13 PM
BF games are turning out crap. No problem downloading. But it won't run or even uninstall. It keeps telling me that is is running and to shut it down before uninstalling. If it won't run how can I shut it down. Tried everything. GM is slow. Why can't we have the old one that at least worked.

[Post New]by tanis59 on Aug 13, 11 3:53 PM
I have also had multiple failed attempts at lauching the game. I then had to reboot my computer to uninstall it and retried the download. That went ok except had -1 minute of play left and it had never even opened. I know there are too many complaints here about problems since the new GM came on line........are they listening to us?

Go to: