Re:Welcome to Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by pamandrew on Sep 2, 11 10:05 PM
jladyref wrote:I can't get rid of the sailor in the crow's nest! Got the grab hook near the hamster that was at the rocket. This will reach the grappling hook and rope. I am missing what I need to get rid of the guard and the letter "d" so I can open the door to the rocket.

I am stuck here too. The stratergy guide does not help here at all, I have the grappling hook and everything else I have found but nothing I have helps. If you find the answer, please tell me.

Re:Strategy

[Post New]by galehoney on Sep 10, 11 7:44 PM
If you purchase the game, they have a strategy button that IS the walkthrough. I have found that it isn't exactly right, but it is a big help. Good luck

dana937
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Welcome to Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dana937 on Sep 16, 11 9:19 PM
Where are the grappling hook and rope? Also, i think i didn't take everything out of the box (on the cliff overlooking the crewed ship) that i could have. Is there some way to get the box to re-open?

Re:Welcome to Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by krayon2 on Sep 18, 11 6:34 PM
my hourglass broke and now I can't get into door D. Also the dials are stuck on the diving suit and I can't move them. Is there a trick to do this?

[Post New]by Bobbi4721 on Sep 28, 11 11:51 AM
cherub54321 wrote:I'm stuck in the rocketship. I have switched it from "moon" to the island I'm sposed to go to(can't remember the name-Volcano or Tornado-something like that)...when I try to pull the rope that says "launch" it doesn't launch. I really think it's a technical glitch. Please--any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by Bobbi4721 on Sep 28, 11 11:55 AM
cherub54321 wrote:I'm stuck in the rocketship. I have switched it from "moon" to the island I'm sposed to go to(can't remember the name-Volcano or Tornado-something like that)...when I try to pull the rope that says "launch" it doesn't launch. I really think it's a technical glitch. Please--any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by Bobbi4721 on Sep 28, 11 11:56 AM
I have the same problem as someone else. I am at rocket ship did what guide said about selecting Volcano and tried to pull lever to no avail.......the guide doesn't say anything else!!!! How do I take off???????????? HELP

[Post New]by slowlearner on Sep 29, 11 4:06 PM
I am having so much trouble with this game. Worst I have played. I cannot get enough info from the strategy guide. I have the hamster on the wheel but cannot go further?

[Post New]by Tordova on Sep 30, 11 3:46 PM
pamandrew wrote:
jladyref wrote:I can't get rid of the sailor in the crow's nest! Got the grab hook near the hamster that was at the rocket. This will reach the grappling hook and rope. I am missing what I need to get rid of the guard and the letter "d" so I can open the door to the rocket.

I am stuck here too. The stratergy guide does not help here at all, I have the grappling hook and everything else I have found but nothing I have helps. If you find the answer, please tell me.

[Post New]by Tordova on Sep 30, 11 3:48 PM
To get rid of the sailor in the crow's nest you can use the sling shot if you have it. it lines up with the crows nest

[Post New]by fattypat on Nov 16, 11 6:27 PM
krayon2 wrote:my hourglass broke and now I can't get into door D. Also the dials are stuck on the diving suit and I can't move them. Is there a trick to do this?

How do I move the boulder? Where is the Flashlight?

[Post New]by SzhalimarM on Nov 22, 11 8:55 AM
Im not a slow person, I love challenges...But I cant find the flashlight, and cant figure out how to move the boulder? Help!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 22, 11 1:58 PM
Hi SzhalimarM,

Don't forget to use your Collector's Edition built-in Strategy Guide whenever you get stuck. Or, if you're playing the standard version of this game, here's a link to our walkthrough:

Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands Walkthrough

You can click HERE to see where the flashlight is located. (It's next to the letter S.)

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

bobbiejo2
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by bobbiejo2 on Dec 15, 11 6:24 PM
When will this game be released for Mac users? We have been waiting quite a while for it.

[Post New]by ficelt on Feb 6, 12 2:59 PM
I cannot get the crate on the cliff to open, and can't progress, I have looked at the strategy guide and there doesn't seem to be anything I need to do to get that to happen - help please.

cynthecat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cynthecat on Mar 7, 12 10:13 AM
I've got the key to the desk , but when I tried to open it the key disappeared now I'm
stuck on the last part of chapter two ,I can't get the divers helmet

[Post New]by jchertig on Apr 6, 12 6:04 PM
After playing probably 30 - 40 Big FIsh games as a member (never did receive my fish, BTW)... I do think that this game is the worst I have ever played on several fronts. To even have a chance of finding hidden objects you need to crank up the brightness and contrast on your computer to the max, which, if it is a laptop and you happen to be on the road, is a power consuming mistake.

I also found, for the first time in many years, that the program is "buggy" in that it "forget's" stuff you have done, does not (in one puzzle in particular in which you need to find the matchstick (which I did, but when I needed it where was it?... so I could compete the puzzle to burn the paper??). For some reason, even resorting to the Strategy Guide (which typically refuse to do) there was no way to find and link the matchstick with the matchbox and burn the paper. How frustrating is that?

BTW... the game is so dark, not in a good, useful or fun way, but it seems that the concept of this game is to punish the player to make them have to fight the graphics (especially if they are 60 years old, with glasses with still 20-20 in the vision department). It seems Big Fish games in the last year or so has tended to use graphics which are very dark in nature... and I try to avoid those types of Hidden Object games if I can... but then there seems to be fewer and fewer to chose from.

Secondly, this game also seems to have no sensible logic to it... pieces bounce around and you collect things (like an extended hook)... but can't use it to grab something that needs an arm extension. What is with that? Maybe I am trying too hard to see what the heck is in the scene that I need to find or utilize that I am now blind and I am missing something important. Gosh, this game really stinks. If it was the first one I ever played five or so years ago I would never have become a member or spent my $6.99 a month, using my credits or not!

What I have enjoyed over the years is the quality control of these games and the unique ability to weave a story line with a set of choices where problems could be solved which use common sense, some smarts and intuitive reasoning. This game however, at least for me, fails miserably.

Regarding this game I wish I could get my money back as I refuse to spend another minute wasting my time playing it.

[Post New]by goldfish23 on Nov 15, 12 5:22 PM
montland wrote:Hi guys, I have just solved the problem of entering the code for the diving helmet. Go back to the map where you have to line up the red, blue and yellow lines to get 180. If it is not perfectly in the center, you can' enter the code for the helmet. I skipped the puzzle which lined them up perfectly, after that I could move the dials to enter A43.

Victory!

I had the same problem, today. After many attempts I finally Skipped the Puzzle and used the information to solve the 2nd problem from the 'Walkthrough' info. This is the first puzzle I've skipped in the game. So many others are having difficulty with this that it should be reported to Techs.
Thanks!! goldfish23

Go to: