bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 14, 11 9:53 AM
janspack wrote:I'm sure I will enjoy it but when I clicked on the Widescreen option in the trial version, all I got was a 2" wide strip of the opening screen on the left hand side...

Hey folks,

If you're experiencing something similar to what janspack has described here, you may want try adjusting your screen resolution to see if that helps. Here's a link to a help article with more information:

Screen Resolution

If your game still isn't displaying properly after completing these steps, please send a Dr. Felix report over to our Tech Support team, and one of our reps will be able to assist you one-on-one.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 14, 11 10:13 AM
Also, if your game is crashing, freezing, running slow, etc., a few simple updates may do the trick for you. Here's the link to another help article that will walk you through the process of checking for updates:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, or if you're experiencing any other issues that I haven't touched on yet, please contact Tech Support for further assistance. And as always, if you send in a Dr. Felix report with your help ticket, this will help our reps to more quickly identify the cause of (and solution to) your issue.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Aug 14, 11 10:15 AM
Here's a weird one (inside the game so SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER):
You know how you're supposed to give the boy the button of power and also a keg of gunpowder? I found the button and delivered it, and the boy said, "Thanks for the button and the keg!" and left. Uhhhhh...no keg found yet.

I can't be sure the game is okay now. If/when I buy, I'll start again from the beginning and avoid the boy until I've found BOTH items.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Aug 14, 11 11:55 AM
crazy8club wrote:probably best to go back to full screen. try that and see if it works.

That's the problem, we can't go back to full screen as only the very far right part of the main menu screen is showing! It's a real pain.

Redmink
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Dialog Display at Bottom of Screen

[Post New]by Redmink on Aug 14, 11 12:19 PM
All the dialog that displays at the bottom of the screen is always cut off.

Wouldn't mind except I'm apparently missing on some hints!

I am not running wide screen.

Anybody else have this going on?

UPDATE: NEVER MIND!! It's all okay in the Full Version.

Edited on 08/14/2011 at 12:35:52 PM PST

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Aug 14, 11 12:28 PM
smudger29 wrote:Very slow loading once I had put in my name - 6 mins! Enough time to boil the kettle and make the coffee.

Also quite jerky in the few scenes I've managed to get into within 37 mins. I had the same problem with slow reactions with Sacra Terra last week.

Is it just me??

We know how much RAM the game takes but how much is drained by that MASSIVE memory hog GM running in the background?. It's like trying to run a large game, IE and 1/2 my other programs at once. I loath the new GM as much as I loathed the "new" Coke. Both very stupid business moves!

[Post New]by cantwaltz on Aug 14, 11 12:36 PM
Debnfla wrote:The game loaded fine in a timely manner. But, the game freezes, slow response to clicking on next or clicking on **** scene items. The music sticks like a record gets stuck and repeats the same sound over and over. I like to have never been able to exit the game. Soooooo sad! I really wanted this game today but will have to wait and see if it will get fixed.

Deb

I'm having the same problems as Deb. Soooooo ssssllllooooowwww! Clicking right on things in **** scenes but it tells me I haven't found them. I have to click on the Next button five or six times before it goes to the next screen. Constantly freezes for a couple of seconds. I'm loving the game itself, but this crap is making me hesitate to buy.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Aug 14, 11 1:12 PM
I'm scared to buy too. Husband says he has updated the video and graphics card already for me so it isn't that. I want this game soooooooo bad! I'm almost willing to believe David when he says it probably is just the demo doing all these weird things since it is just a short piece they put together as the demo. I can at least hope that's the problem...can't I????? LOL

Deb

[Post New]by wyldedragonfly on Aug 14, 11 1:31 PM
I was so looking forward to this game...since March of 2010. While the technical issues are minor, they are still there. Maybe because BFG studios didn't do the development?

The game takes forever to load. And, when I exit the demo, it stalls. I don't know if that is deliberate because I'm being nudged to buy the game or what. Twice I've had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of it.

I have been playing this series since Titanic - and Everest is still my favorite. I want to like this game and I really wanted to buy it today, but I am going to wait until the SE.

Happy Gaming.

[Post New]by cantwaltz on Aug 14, 11 1:40 PM
Guys, I'm not only having the issue Debnfla was having, I'm now having the Janspack issue, too! I went and "upgraded" my drivers, even though they were the ones the computer came with. I can't run it windowed since it says I don't have the resolution to do so. Seriously? My screen res is 1366x768 and it's not enough? Then why does the game work fine when I switch it to 1024x768?

I uninstalled. Bought the game since a couple people said that fixed the issues. Reinstalled. Still broken.

FIX. IT.

Please.

Edited on 08/14/2011 at 3:38:50 PM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Aug 14, 11 2:23 PM
I am in the bonus game towards the very end where you have to play with thing that looks like old radio. Have done that but Emily doesn't show up & no hidden object5 scene.???

Kyothecat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Kyothecat on Aug 14, 11 2:38 PM
Anyone else have this problem?

I played the hour demo. It was great and everything worked. I bought the game right there and then. When I went back in to play I was on the main screen where you choose play and before I could do anything a message popped up that said the file was corrupted and had to be deleted. I had no choice but to delete. I now have to start the whole game over.

Its just a minor glitch but it shouldn't happen. It makes me wonder what will go wrong next?

Also I know I'm in the minority but I like the new GM. Its bigger (thank you!) and easier to use. I use my computer mainly for games and maybe that is why I don't have a lot of problems with the GM. Nothing else to fight for memory with!

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Aug 14, 11 2:48 PM
janspack wrote:I'm sure I will enjoy it but when I clicked on the Widescreen option in the trial version, all I got was a 2" wide strip of the opening screen on the left hand side. I decided to buy the game without a trial and so I uninstalled the trial version using the uninstaller in the game manage. So I uninstalled again. using a "deep cleaner" uninstall program and am just downloading it again in the hope it will be OK this time.

Anyone else had this problem with the widescreen option?

[i]What I did was uninstall the game. I set screen resolution to 1024 x 768. When I re-installed the Options should already have full screen/wide screen selected. The game once you select Play should now render in wide screen mode. It is a bummer to have to go through all this dickering. I suppose the reason the developers don't automatically adjust the settings is there are so many varying systems and if they did try to alter the User would end up with the Screen Resolution not being to their liking when they did a Exit of the game.</i>

I am running Win 7, with widescreen LCD. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by browneyedangel70 on Aug 14, 11 4:21 PM
Tink44 wrote:
suze14 wrote:cannot download ANY games everythin working but when its installed it says trial expired!!!!!!!!! help

This happens to me everytime[b] I down load. I go back to web page and ask to install without deleting the downloaded version when I go back to Games Manager I find it is ready to play. This has only happened since I had the new Games Manager.

The new game manager gives me all kinds of issues, as well! Sometimes it won't activate the game, sometimes the download stalls out, sometimes it tells me I don't have a connection to the Internet (obviously I do, b/c my money has been taken for the purchase w/o an issue). I know that my computer meets the requirements for this game (which are VERY MINIMAL requirements), so I really don't understand why the game won't load. I've tried deleting and reloading it, and I'm to the point where I'm really tired of the issues I'm having with games here. It may be time to find a new hobby.

Babssil
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Babssil on Aug 14, 11 5:11 PM

What I did was uninstall the game. I set screen resolution to 1024 x 768. When I re-installed the Options should already have full screen/wide screen selected. The game once you select Play should now render in wide screen mode. It is a bummer to have to go through all this dickering. I suppose the reason the developers don't automatically adjust the settings is there are so many varying systems and if they did try to alter the User would end up with the Screen Resolution not being to their liking when they did a Exit of the game.</i>

I am running Win 7, with widescreen LCD. Hope this helps.

PGillenW you are my hero...I did exactly what you said and it IS now working for me. Thank you so very very much.

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Aug 14, 11 6:26 PM
Kyothecat wrote:Anyone else have this problem?

I played the hour demo. It was great and everything worked. I bought the game right there and then. When I went back in to play I was on the main screen where you choose play and before I could do anything a message popped up that said the file was corrupted and had to be deleted. I had no choice but to delete. I now have to start the whole game over.

I got the corrupted also. I had to start all over, tg I wasn't too far along. But am I worried that when I go back that it might happen again? YEP.

blue1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by blue1955 on Aug 14, 11 8:28 PM
Game looks fun, but keeps stopping. You wait a second, and you can play. It got very annoying trying to play the game. Will wait to see if problem gets fixed.

magfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by magfan on Aug 14, 11 9:28 PM
MURPHY wrote:Never had this happen before - As soon as I downloaded the game and it appeared in my Game Manager it said "Trial Expired"! I never even got to try the game. I think I'll try uninstall and reinstall and see if this helps. At this point it only gives me the option to "Buy". Has this happened to anyone else?

I had that happen with the new Game Manager -- though not for this particular game. It got through the downloading and installing part, but then it just sat there on the Activating part for ten minutes. I closed the Game Manager and opened it back up and the game registered as "Trial Expired." So "Trial Expired" is what you get if the trial doesn't activate after you install it. Unfortunately the only way you can "try again" with the activation is to redownload the whole game.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it activated correctly the second time so now I've got my 60 minutes. I think the problem is either on Big Fish's side with their servers, or something is off with the way the Game Manager contacts the Big Fish servers for activation of the trial.

I'm glad the activation failure doesn't always happen for me, but it really shouldn't happen at all. It takes time to re-download a game.

magfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by magfan on Aug 14, 11 9:35 PM
cll1950 wrote:We know how much RAM the game takes but how much is drained by that MASSIVE memory hog GM running in the background?

Try running the game directly from the game executable file in the game folder. You may have to set your computer to display hidden files before you can find it because the executable is a hidden file.

My Big Fish Game Manager seems to be using 56,704K when it's sitting idle. It popped up to 67,196K when I opened its Options. That's a lot for what it does, but I don't know if it will degrade your game performance unless your RAM is close to the minimum.

Edited on 08/14/2011 at 9:38:42 PM PST

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Aug 14, 11 11:55 PM
cant click on grate. Hint button is saying there is nothing else to do in that room but the strat guide says I am supposed to click on it and use the screwdriver on it

Go to: