Re:Post any F.A.C.E.S. technical issues here only

[Post New]by afayek on Aug 27, 11 2:08 PM
I am playing on a PC old DELL D820 and I am also not able to pick up crowbar after finishing HOS in Chapter 5. I've tried getting out of game and re-entering. HOS not available. Tried restarting my computer and still I am not able to get crowbar. At this point I SOL. Any suggestions?

Emmmms1974
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Emmmms1974 on Aug 28, 11 2:43 AM
Momhart wrote:I was playing the H O scene under the bed and when I should've gotten the valve, I get an error message saying I was trying to pick up an invalid inventory item and now have no valve and no where to go.

I get that when I go to pick up the glove and now I can't get the last cog!!!

[Post New]by Floralulu on Sep 2, 11 11:15 AM
I wish I had read all these issues with the game before I bought it. I am getting errors when picking up items and then the items are not in my inventory. I am unable to go back and get them.
This game is not playable. Hhow do I get my ame credit back?

Baranchi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Baranchi on Sep 4, 11 11:57 AM
I just went through the picture into the lab area and did the first hidden object scene. But at the end of the scene, the item didn't appear in the box. When I clicked ok, I got an error message and there was no item in my inventory. I clicked around the area and found a test tube, but when I tried to pick it up, I got another error message and still nothing in my inventory.

Now I'm stuck in the game with no way to progress. Is there any way to fix this?

Edited on 09/04/2011 at 11:58:08 AM PST

jumbo2765
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jumbo2765 on Sep 6, 11 4:03 PM
I just picked up a glass shard next to the door with the broken round window and the game crashed back to the desktop and gave me a can't pick up invalid inventory error. Got back in the game and it is not in my inventory. Move on to another room and got another glass shard in a hidden game and again it crashed and gave me the same error. Guess I will not be able to finish the game since neither of the 2 glass shards I've picked up are in my inventory. I'm pretty sure I'll need them, problem on that round broken glass in the door.

[Post New]by maryenah on Sep 7, 11 6:06 AM
im getting annoyed with this game too rubber glove was in my inventory and now its not gonna have to start game all over again ...not impressed

[Post New]by Maggie_Cat on Sep 23, 11 1:51 PM
Received a message - trying to pick up invalid inventory item - and the garden shears disappeared. Immediately received another message - same as above, and another item disappeared - this time it was the sharp item needed to cut into something to release another item. I would hate to start over again - and have this happen again.
For some reason lately, a number of your games are having technical problems. I have been able to play the demos, but then when I purchase them and try to start them, I get the infamous "Error Access violation at 0x----------" and am unable to play the game. This has happened with Written Legends: Nightmare at Sea and now with Sonya. My computer's drivers are up to date and am running windows 7.

Am currently waiting for a reply to your help department on Written Legends.

[Post New]by Columbia999 on Nov 13, 11 4:02 PM
I can't move the newspaper to get the third elevator button either. Will there be any replies either from BFG or the developers to help us with any of these issues?

[Post New]by Zelda66 on Dec 27, 11 7:24 PM
I see some of you are further along than me so I'm still hoping its possible. I have the pruners and phone disc and phone bell and ladder. I think thats all right now. I've reached the hallway on the second floor plank laying on ropes or wires. The walkthrough says, Use the PRUNER on the cables (H) holding up the plank. I must be clicking in the wrong spot because nothing works. I know others have passed this point so could you please tell me exactly where you clicked?

Meandy40
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Meandy40 on Jan 18, 12 7:09 AM
I am trying to get into the Consultation Center and need a rubber glove so I can get the gear out of the paint bucket but my rubber glove disappeared. I can't get back in the sewer which I really don't want to anyway. I exited the game and came back but nothing changed, the rubber glove is still missing. Do I really need to go back and start all over? I guess the answer is yes but I wonder if the same thing will happen.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Meandy

[Post New]by LyndyJS on Jun 6, 13 10:41 AM
I have had several instances of working through the game to be bounced out, then when going back in I get the message that I need to create another profile, as the current one is corrupted. Any thoughts on what is happening or how to avoid it? Getting pretty tired of playing the same parts over and over again.

Go to: