WARNING - HdO

Re:WARNING - HdO

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Aug 23, 11 1:51 AM
No buy for me, I hate their controls/set up, no matter how "good" the story may be! (and I straight HOGs still, even after playing the greatest IHOGS)

I'm too tired to post anything more than

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Aug 23, 11 1:55 AM
thanks for the warning, I avoid Hdo games too

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Aug 23, 11 1:58 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hi fishies,

Just posting a quick reminder to be be respectful of the developer and to post constructively about this game though you are welcome to share any negative feedback.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

I completely agree with bfglmbrium.
Also the subject should more fairly say "alert" instead of "warning" both in fairness to the developer and for those of us who enjoy the HdO games.

Edited on 08/23/2011 at 2:03:51 AM PST

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Aug 23, 11 1:59 AM
Thanks for letting us know. Sorry and I hope this isn't considered to be disrespectful to the developer, but HdO make boring and repetitive HOG's with a terrible interface and not a great deal of imagination. I'm sure they've got great people behind the scenes but given the formulaic approach of these games those people obviously haven't been able to give free rein to their creativity.

I'm glad these games give enjoyment to some, but for me, they are a no-go, so I appreciate the heads-up.

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Aug 23, 11 2:00 AM
cbtx...I agree with you
this one is not so bad as some fishies say
at least give it a try
I played a couple of HdO games and enjoyed myself
we cannot expect every day a perfect game, but as long as I'm having a good time, it's okay for me

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Aug 23, 11 2:10 AM
What's a HdO??
Jo

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Aug 23, 11 2:17 AM
I finally get a download in under eight minutes hit play and wonders of wonders no access violation,unfortunately the game is very tedious. No sparkles but lots of arrows leading you by the nose. The dialogue went on too long and marred the flow of the game. The hidden object at least was not of the junk pile variety but not enough to convince me to continue with the trial let alone waste a free coupon or even as a DD.

P.S. Would someone please send me a PM on how to rid my posts of the edit icon. Thank You.

Edited on 08/23/2011 at 2:40:12 AM PST

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Aug 23, 11 2:25 AM
I'm not downloading either. Hate Hdo games.

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Aug 23, 11 2:36 AM
arthurC wrote:What's a HdO??
Jo

Jo, HdO is a game development company, the games tend to all have the same interface so are easy to recognise. If you have a look at the pictures you'll see the brown side panel with a series of square icons.

Quite a few people don't consider the games produced by this developer to be very good, they are straight HOG's and I think we've been spoiled for choice and ingenuity lately.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Aug 23, 11 2:44 AM
To me Spintop is another dev with cardboard cutouts of their games. All they did with their games is change the story and the graphics, nothing new with them either. To me their games are boring. I personally too like the HdO games as a change of pace.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Aug 23, 11 3:07 AM
I'm curious as to how many people actually pay money for HdO's? Personally, I wouldn't.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 23, 11 3:15 AM
Thanks for the warning. I will pass.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

WARNING - HdO

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Aug 23, 11 3:29 AM
FunIt wrote:It's another Hd0 game.
I'm not even downloading this.

THANK YOU for the warning; won't even bother downloading this game or any other game of theirs. I made that mistake 2x but fortunately, only paid $1.99 each during another site's year-end sale and considered a waste of money after trying to finish the 2nd game after failing with the 1st one.

MEnr56

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Aug 23, 11 3:37 AM
I don't like Hdo games either, so not going to download.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 23, 11 3:55 AM
I respectfully decline to download, even though this might be the first HdO game I would like. From the screen shots, it appears that the controls are the same and I don't like them. In addition, I don't like moving screens or clicking away pointlessly to "open" a scene. I would also prefer, respectfully, that old games (and this game was released, I believe, in June or July of 2010) be offered as a soft release, rather than a TGT, but that's just a personal preference and not meant to be taken as a negative comment.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Aug 23, 11 4:00 AM
Please can you tell me what HdO games are.

Thank you

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Aug 23, 11 4:08 AM
Normally I download, then head for the forums while I'm waiting for the DL to complete. Not this time - the screenshots looked "suspicious" so I headed here first. Thank you for the warning!!!

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Aug 23, 11 4:11 AM
cbtx wrote:Yes, the HdO games are different, but I like them. I think they have a subtle cleverness, they are relaxing, the length is good, and for me they are quite fun. I have every one of their games I think and have enjoyed them all. Plus, when you finish you can replay in timed mode. I also think the puzzles are good-very challenging. This particular game proves the old maxim--never judge a book by its cover! Try it---you might actually like it.

Bump comment above

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Aug 23, 11 4:13 AM
Hapless wrote:Please can you tell me what HdO games are.

Thank you

For those of you who don't know, HdO are the developers of a series of games. They are cookie-cutter games, with the exact same controls, the exact same gameplay, but with different artwork. If you play one, you've played them all.

The game controls are clunky and hard to use, the games are boring and short, and every one is exactly like the one before.

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Aug 23, 11 4:32 AM
Utter Rubbish. x 5

Go to: