mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Comments for Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 25, 11 8:14 AM
Beautiful sweet game. Fun puzzles (lots of them) woo hoo. Not so many H0g scenes woo hoo. Pretty clear graphics. Adjusts to full screen on my lap top. Whats not to like? Oh yeah and there is a cute little dragon by your side. LOL.
Its a buy.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Aug 25, 11 10:03 AM
My graphics are clear, and I am not having any trouble with the game playing correctly. I like the game after playing all but 10 min on the trial. But, as I have had the bad luck or bad judgement to buy a CE and then have it released just short weeks later as a SE, I think I will wait. I believe it is worth $6.99 but not $12.00. It seems to be a fun game, just too expensive for me right now.

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Aug 25, 11 10:22 AM
mhatfie wrote:Beautiful sweet game. Fun puzzles (lots of them) woo hoo. Not so many H0g scenes woo hoo. Pretty clear graphics. Adjusts to full screen on my lap top. Whats not to like? Oh yeah and there is a cute little dragon by your side. LOL.
Its a buy.

Here too - love puzzles - i think the more the better and when not too easy, hard and MUST be skippable!!!
HOG scenes? i wish they were skippable...HATE!!!

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Aug 25, 11 11:35 AM
I haven't tried this yet, but Boomzap Adventure/Hog's are pretty much instant buys with me. Love the Awakening series!

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Aug 25, 11 11:53 AM
I have ATI as well but the graphics are clear , not grainy at all. The game is enjoyable, even the sometimes difficult puzzles, which is why I would purchase with guide. Since I've already purchased several things this month, might have to wait but we'll see.

All in all, a good game and a must buy for me, now or later.

MarjoryM
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by MarjoryM on Aug 25, 11 12:30 PM
If anyone has finished, please say if the bonus section is crucial to the ending? Does it change how the main game ends ?

Thanks!

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Aug 25, 11 1:05 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the demo & it will be a buy. I have a widescreen & it fills it, & the graphics are lovely, clear & pretty I just love these games. I think I skipped one puzzle but that's 'cos I wanted to get as much of the story as possible in the hour! The puzzles are very different so that makes a big difference.
I love the owl!!
All in all
boots

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Aug 25, 11 1:25 PM
Liked this game and have the other 2 but will wait for SE to come out enjoy

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Aug 25, 11 1:53 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Heeelp!!! Two chapters, and I drowned into the puzzle swamp, just boom-zapped!!!

I have the first two - at least adventure + HOGs are mixed, with some puzzles - but this is ridiculous!!!

Sorry, big miss, devs...

Yep. I can understand your frustration and I add TOO EASY to it. Bit of a pity, Could use a nice, entertaining game...

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Aug 25, 11 1:58 PM
Not sure what to do; seems the only games I've bought recently have been CEs, but perhaps that's what BFG wants us to buy since that's where the money is! Have several freebies coming to me, but can't find a SE worth buying, and when I do, it's more like settling and using my points. Anyone else out there getting just a little bit frustrated that the good games are the CEs? Or perhaps it's just me
Meanwhile, must say did enjoy the trial of this one. Found the graphics crisp and for the most part the game is not taxing, most enjoyable and relaxing with a glass of Chardonnay after work.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Aug 25, 11 3:25 PM
Not a great game at least not in my book. Guess some would enjoy but I for one don't. Was looking forward to this game after playing the first 2 but don't live up to them. Sorry.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Aug 25, 11 4:48 PM
This is one of the best games I've ever played. beautiful graphics, great puzzles, a mixture within the hidden object scenes. very much enjoying this game. no problems so far. worth a try in my book

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Aug 25, 11 5:00 PM
played the demo til about 15 min remaining. cute, but not much in the way of solving, extremely easy puzzles, and somewhat childish for me. def not worth 2 credits...this could wait til it's a dd imho.
may be just the ticket for some, so do demo and happy swimming!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 26, 11 8:46 PM
Well, I was a bit disappointed with the game. I really, really enjoyed the first two and this one just missed the mark with me - overall. Way too many easy minis. I mean way too many and I started to skip them just because I was sick to death of all of the easy puzzles. I thought it appeared that there may be a fourth game to take place in the floating kingdom. I hope I am right about that and I hope that they go back to the difficulty level (at least) of the Moonfell and/or Dreamless Castle games. I thought the graphics were better in those games as well. It was an okay game but nearly as good as the first two. JMHO

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Aug 26, 11 10:21 PM
I have to agree with Shadowfax on this one--the minigames were mostly far too easy, and I have never liked those stupid pipe games (especially this kind, where you have to place the pipes to connect two spigots). And you did them, and had to do them again, and had to do them again...oh, and here come the next bunch. A couple of the minigames, I admit, were quite challenging: the door to the sacred grove took some figuring out (at least for me), as did the color card in the last chapter. I kind of like the singing 'shrooms: the minigame wasn't difficult, but the 'shrooms were cute.
I enjoyed the tangrams.

I didn't get all the achievements (I skipped the last minigame in irritation--I also don't like those turn the dial minigames too much), and I have no idea who I ignored during the game...maybe the other guard? But I don't think I'll replay it to try to figure it out. IMHO this was definitely not worth $13.99, so I'll be more cautious if the series has a sequel.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Aug 26, 11 10:32 PM
I agree with SHADOWFAX and LUCY. Loved everything about the first 2 games. Will not be purchasing this CE.

Happy game day to all and hope tonite we get something good lol

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 27, 11 12:00 AM
MarjoryM wrote:If anyone has finished, please say if the bonus section is crucial to the ending? Does it change how the main game ends ?
Thanks!

Well, in my opinion, I say that the bonus is crucial to the ending (it is an epilogue) and I do not see how in the world they are going to handle that in the SE version... Can anybody add anything here to help Marjory? I would hate for her to decide anything based on only my opinion...

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 27, 11 12:45 AM
Hi there,
Seeing as how I started this with a "grump" regarding the graphics (still very pixellated text, but could put up with the general graphic display), I thought I should at least add a comment after finishing the game.
Well, I should have learnt from my experience with the previous game in which I tired of replaying the same type of puzzles and skipped quite a few at the end, but I thought that this game would be different - being double the price and all!!
Unfortunately this was not so. OK, I generally enjoyed my journey through the story, but again skipped a number of "like" puzzles because I couldn't be bothered doing them again!! The devs seem to think that seeing as how we have solved earlier puzzles, that continuing them in increasingly more difficult setups is engaging. Sorry, for me this is just boring - I have done this twice, I don't want to do bloody fix the pipes again!! LOL.
So, I am actually glad that I have finished my Awakenings Journey, as I have had my fill of saccharine and repetition and do not feel the need for another instalment.
And I agree with other comments here, if the Prologue is the extra gameplay, I too wonder how the SE will finish.
PS. The Pocket Dragon was discreetly popped into my own pocket before I finished that game and is now curled up safely next to me as I type.
The Owl? Well it does belong to Athena and has returned to her safely.
Cheers

Edited on 08/27/2011 at 12:49:24 AM PST

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Aug 27, 11 1:07 AM
I really loved this game. It is quite long and I felt well worth the money. But am I the only one who found some of the puzzles confusing? I just did not have a clue what to do sometimes and then at other times I found the puzzles really, really easy and almost childlike. I was playing in the more difficult mode so maybe you get more information on the puzzles in the easier mode. I will have to play it all over again to see. ***** 5 star game for me.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Aug 29, 11 12:22 AM
I've enjoyed all 3 Awakenings. The repetition of puzzles did get a bit much, but one does have the option of skipping!

The epilogue added quite a bit, so I am happy I bought the CE. I don't care about wallpapers, etc., but getting to see the cutscenes again is a nice touch.

The only glitch I ran across was the black screen in the epilogue with the fixed fountain. I run Vista and Firefox, and luckily had none of the DL and grainy problems others have mentioned.

All in all, very happy, and I hope there's another installment!

Go to: