nebulla_69
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nebulla_69 on Aug 25, 11 5:18 AM
I have Win 7 64 bit. The game opens in windowed mode if I try to select full mode it kicks me out of the game. I have tried 5 times and the same thing happens. Every game it seems like something needs to be fiddled with or change.
Not worth the effort

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 25, 11 5:23 AM
The only problem I encountered was the floating cursor. It's like asking someone who is three sheets in the wind to use roller skates on ice. Cursor not stable, floats around too much.

[Post New]by price166 on Aug 25, 11 5:51 AM
I am having same problem, game crashes as soon as I hit play in GM.

I have MAC OSX Intel

I have tried closing all programs (including Firefox), it made no difference.

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Aug 25, 11 5:55 AM
by nebulla_69
I have Win 7 64 bit. The game opens in windowed mode if I try to select full mode it kicks me out of the game

I have the same problem. I have had no problems with the new GM and it's the first time anything like this has happened so I think it's a game problem.

Edited to say the game worked fine in windowed mode.

Edited on 08/25/2011 at 5:57:20 AM PST

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Aug 25, 11 6:23 AM
i'm having the same problem, didnt make it through first hidden object. DONE!! When ya fix it...then i'll buy it

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Aug 25, 11 6:26 AM
This game may my computer freeze up and black screen i had to cold boot which is n ot good for my computer..so i installed the game..hope the rest of you get the game running..

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Aug 25, 11 6:27 AM
dawnsamjay2071 wrote:As soon as the game is on the loading screen and stops loading , the game shuts down and goes back to GM.
I'm REALLY getting hacked off with the grap BFG are releasing lately..very rarely recently, will i find a HOG that HASN'T got an issue.Disappointed once again!!!!

Getting the same problem - to be honest when I saw the amount of technical problems with other fishies I didn't hold out much hope. Really disappointed as I love this series.

Edited on 08/25/2011 at 6:29:45 AM PST

[Post New]by gardeniaeater on Aug 25, 11 6:30 AM
i have a mac laptop and when i click on "play", it just says "quit unexpectedly". ugh i really was looking forward to this game, since i'm a fan of the series. o well!

[Post New]by kellie48 on Aug 25, 11 6:39 AM
can not get the game to load up. this is the second game were it stops before it loads. everything is up to date

[Post New]by silverlady47 on Aug 25, 11 6:52 AM
I am getting more and more games that won't work in my "BF game manager", and I have to open them in "file location" and this is one of them, the other two games in this series downloaded perfectly and played in "game manager" Why not this one?

[Post New]by samsmimi on Aug 25, 11 7:08 AM
First time this has happened, I installed the game fine then tried to play, it was not in full screen (not my doing) then as soon as I started to put my name in it closed and went to my game manager which said "thanks for playing, play again etc etc etc" I didn't play for even 1 second! Don't tell me it's my computer, I have an almost new Dell PC and use Internet Explorer and never have any problems (until recently) with games.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Aug 25, 11 7:13 AM
This game just came out and already a lot of technical issues. And a CE! Why the hurry to put out such sloppy games?

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Aug 25, 11 7:51 AM
game d/l just fine - and fairly quickly. HOWEVER, it starts to load then flickers several times and goes back to GM. guess I'll be deleting this one !

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on Aug 25, 11 8:09 AM
I have Webroot antivirus on one of my computers and would get the ERROR message until I discovered that the latest antivirus update had a new block installed for games. I now have to turn it on game mode (and andtivirus off) each time I want to down load to get it past my antivirus.

Midge3430
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Midge3430 on Aug 25, 11 8:37 AM
I have not been able to install any of the Awakening games - the message says sorry the game cannot initialize. Have turned off firewall and have tried to dl with normal and advanced - still no luck. I can only assume it has something to do with the creator of the game, because I don't have problems with any of my other downloads. I would have purchased all three games. Once installed I cannot go to the GM to uninstall as I get a message that says the game is still running. I have to shut down the computer and restart in order to uninstall.

crkey
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by crkey on Aug 25, 11 11:06 AM
[b] I didn't get to play the game at all. It is too far on one side of the screen, so I can't see the whole playing area. I don't want to change my resolution everytime I play the game. I hope you (BFG) can fix this problem so I can have all the Awakenings games. I have never had any problems like this with Big Fish games.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 25, 11 11:49 AM
Hello folks,

I just wanted to come by and offer some help for some of the issues that I'm seeing in this thread. If you are experiencing a slow cursor or are unable to proceed in the game (i.e. click on certain objects), please check to see if an update to your computer might help. Here is a help article with this information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are on a Mac and are unable to start the game, please take a look at the troubleshooting steps outlined in this help article:

Mac Game Errors

If your trial has expired prematurely, please take a look at this help article under the "Why has the trial period expired?" section:

Download a Trial Game

If you have already gone through these steps and are still unable to continue with the game, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) with a Dr. Felix report and the steps you've already taken from the help articles.

We apologize in advance if these steps sound redundant but going through the troubleshooting steps in our help articles are the best way to start the process and writing in to our Support Team is the best way to resolve any issues you're continuing to have with the game. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Aug 25, 11 12:16 PM
I cannot get this game to open up in full screen mode. The game showing up at about 16" x5"...I have a 21" monitor. And you can see BFG site and my screen saver all around it. When I try to click on the full screen option, it throws me out of the game. I have only had this problem once before, and that was with Margrave: Severed Heart. And in that game I discovered if I clicked "off" the full screen option, it would open up to full screen. Doesn't make sense, though, does it? I won't be trying this game again until BFG gets a new updated version. Too bad, it's really cute....even though there weren't enough h...o...scenes for me.

Pathmtl
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Pathmtl on Aug 25, 11 1:05 PM
I'm just frustrated, screen off centre, cannot adjust, therefore cannot find play etc have to guess at where the play button etc are...I've had to force quit, which I'm not a fan of to get out of came. When I go back to game manager it keeps trying to download again!!!

I consider myself a collector edition fan BUT been disappointed lately & really love the Awakening series....

Just don't know what to do, not a fan of PC therefore do not want to download on other computer, so I guess I will remain frustrated as I do not see how I will be able to play this game...

Just venting...

Path

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 25, 11 1:22 PM
Midge3430 wrote:I have not been able to install any of the Awakening games - the message says sorry the game cannot initialize. Have turned off firewall and have tried to dl with normal and advanced - still no luck. I can only assume it has something to do with the creator of the game, because I don't have problems with any of my other downloads. I would have purchased all three games. Once installed I cannot go to the GM to uninstall as I get a message that says the game is still running. I have to shut down the computer and restart in order to uninstall.

I am so glad someone else at long last has the same problem. I own the very first "Awakening" game, which I bought when I owned a laptop running XP and then Vista.
Then, a year ago, I bought myself a new laptop with Windows 7, 64-bit, and the game no longer worked on that computer. Neither did any of the following Boomzap games worked on my new computer. A message box kept coming up, telling me something about DX8 not initialize or something similar.

I got in contact with Boomzap, and they tested the game in question on a Win 7 computer, and lo and behold, they had the same problems I had.
Apparently, they are still working with DX8 only when making their games, so that peeps with older computers can play the games, but I have DX11 now, and even though I tried installing DX8, none of their games work on my Win7 computer.

I know that other peeps with Win7 computers have no problem installing the games, but I can`t imagine why they don`t work on my computer. Even CS didn`t have a clue since there was nothing wrong with my computer.

Go to: