katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:Reviews for Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale

[Post New]by katiepops on Aug 26, 11 4:43 PM
The FROGS aspect ruined it for me. I just do not like them.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Aug 26, 11 9:27 PM
I've been waiting for this game to be released as a SE but after demoing it to make sure its still for me, I just don't know if it still is. WHY IS THERE NO CHOICE OF DIFFICULTY?? EVERY game should have the choice now. There is no reason why this option should not be there! I am over the formula games too as others have said but I still enjoy Blue Tea Games because I think they are peaceful and the fact ALL their other games have a choice of difficulty and this one doesnt, baffles me. A lot of people said in the CE forum they would have liked a choice of difficulty and most developers see that and will put a harder choice in like "The Missing: A Search & Rescue Mystery". Those developers saw people were unhappy with there not being a choice and due to what people had said in the forum went ahead and updated the version out to include a HARD level choice. For us experienced gamers, I think its only fair this is given to us. I don't want to see sparkles. I don't mind them for hidden object scenes BUT I don't need to see them on puzzle games, things to pick up, read etc. Let me have my own adventure, I don't need the developers to hold my hand!

Edited on 08/26/2011 at 9:29:14 PM PST

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Aug 27, 11 1:34 AM
I just loved this game..It was a beautiful love story and kept you moving thru out the game..

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Aug 27, 11 10:21 AM
Lavender101 wrote:
gjnashif wrote:Dont' you just get tired of the same old game, the same grandpa and granddaughter scenerios, and the same ghosts and ghouls, oh but it does have a different name? And the characters names have changed to make it seem like a different game.

These games are what we would call "formula" the same games just with different settings and they are getting boring. I only tried the demo, but my judgment is not based on gameplay, it is based on creativity, and this has none. Just sit back, and click on where the sparkles take you. No need to think?

I think we have reached the saturation point on these games, and there needs to be something new, even a grandson, would change the formula somewhat, maybe they should come out with a game that is an RPG game with hidden object elements?

One more thought...Ever wonder what they have against us guys, just because supposedly 70 percent of gameplayers are ladies it does not mean they every hero has to be one too....what happened to the good old fashioned guy hero...LOL.... anyway so much for this rant, when something new and different comes along let me know..... at least that is one man's opinion....

--gnashif

Well said! I've been burned out on the "formula" games for at least a year now.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Aug 27, 11 10:27 AM
Hi lavendar 101. YEEES I agree Same old same old.. I have one free game left this month and then I will fill my punchcard .I am having a hard time trying to find a game that yells" buy me now".. this Nightingale thing was ok .. But......
I did enjoy the Millennium series .. a liitle bit different !!Listen in devs.. games are getting BOOOOring .

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Aug 27, 11 11:31 AM
I really enjoyed the game.

Calicohorse
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Calicohorse on Aug 27, 11 8:54 PM
One of my favourite games in last year or so. I like the FROG variation and the design is just beautiful - I can't get enough of Art Deco, Art Nouveau (or Steampunk). It's a long one too with many scenes, although I tend to take my time.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Aug 28, 11 6:39 AM
BF: Are you listening? I am tired of demos promising to be 60 minutes and end after just 40 minutes. Will not buy.

LaDish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by LaDish on Aug 28, 11 10:00 AM
9gamer5 wrote:BF: Are you listening? I am tired of demos promising to be 60 minutes and end after just 40 minutes. Will not buy.

Sorry you're upset, 9gamer5, but the download link states FREE SAMPLE version -- not 60 minutes promised when I downloaded. Not sure if you download directly from the BF page or the Game Manager -- I always go to the page. Might be different on the GM.

Seems a shame to deny yourself a beautiful game for that reason...

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 28, 11 11:49 AM
candybrand wrote:oh, so mr. russ says sample versions on sundayz are not timed, than i will try it on sunday, thanks mr. russ for the info, sounds like a great game, can't wait to try it

No, that is not what he said. He was responding to a poster named sunidayz. Sample versions do not have a time limit - you can play the sample to its end, no matter how long it takes (usually less than an hour).

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Aug 28, 11 4:05 PM
Loved this gorgeous game. Good story, incredible art work and music that didn't make me reach for my options button. I've seen some complaints about a familiar theme, but I was happy to find a game without a lot of grisly graphics. This was my first Collector's Edition (thanks to the weekend sale) and I was very happy this one had so much bonus play for the money.

Satine40
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Satine40 on Aug 29, 11 10:33 AM
I have the CE version and also posted my comments there.... FANTASTIC game!!! was very surprised on how much I enjoyed it!!! great job!!!

[Post New]by dramamama61 on Aug 29, 11 12:34 PM
Loved it!!!

geobabe1
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by geobabe1 on Aug 30, 11 7:28 AM
I really liked this game. It wasn't perfect--as others have said, the puzzles were too easy and lacked variety, and it would have been really nice if the map had included the ability to jump to different locations, as the layout was kind of confusing--but unlike many games where I find myself skipping over the cut scenes, I was actually interested in the story on this one, and it was a good length. Not one to choose if you're looking for a super challenging game, but entertaining, with nice graphics.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Sep 2, 11 8:09 AM
very good game

[Post New]by Brandywine_Valle on Sep 2, 11 4:43 PM
*Love* this game, the artistry is brilliant!

Story, a bit trite, cliched, but the visuals more than make up for that. A++++++++!!

Edited on 09/02/2011 at 4:44:33 PM PST

AZbratnNY
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by AZbratnNY on Sep 6, 11 10:34 AM
THANK YOU BIG FISH/ KEEP THEM COMMING" THIS GAME WAS ONE OF THE BEST/ FACES/ALSO #1 FOR ME [b] KEEP THEM COMMING.TKS

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Sep 6, 11 7:23 PM
Excellent game!

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Sep 15, 11 7:31 AM
This is truly a wonderful game and I can't think of a bad thing to say about it. It went straight into my top 5. The storyline, graphics, game play are mini-games were superb.

Thank you.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Sep 18, 11 2:23 PM
wow what a excellent game, I bought the game and i have enjoyed myself for hours, Beautiful game and music there graphics was off the chain, I know if you put anymore games out like this one I will buy, Thx DEV's for all your hard work and hours on this game, You out did yourselves this time.. Thx BF ..Keep up the excellent work..I am a complete Fan..

Go to: