packrat54
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Post any The Secrets of Arcelia Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by packrat54 on Aug 27, 11 3:35 PM
Well, I am now having trouble with this game starting. That makes two days in a row. I have not had problems until these last two games. I like others, had installed and reinstalled the games. No luck. Both games dowload ok but when I go to open it I get nothing but a black screen. This hangs up my computer and I need to turn off my computer and restart. I also went through all the steps suggested but no difference. I hope this is not an indication that I wouldn't be able to use this site. BFG has been my number 1 site to download games because I knew I could trust it.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Aug 27, 11 7:03 PM
Is anyone else having trouble filling their canteen the second time. I used all the water and the HINT says to fill my canteen in the well. That is what I am trying to do but the canteen won't fill again.

Edited on 08/27/2011 at 7:04:11 PM PST

Susu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Susu2 on Aug 27, 11 7:31 PM
I to am having problems with canteen. Wont let me fill a second time. Getting so sick of games having glitches. Seems to happen all to often lately. It's one thing if it happens during trial but once you pay for a game and then in middle of it theres a glitch. SO FUSTRATING

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Aug 27, 11 7:52 PM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I'm having tech issues also. My problem is different then the others I've read. I'm playing the game with no problems until I check my game journel. The game freezes and then an error message comes up and the game shuts down. It looks like there are alot of bugs to work out of this game. It looks like it might be a good game, but I'll wait til all the bugs are fixed.

Hello to Lisa and everyone else who's having problems with the Journal. I had the same problem and I got around it by starting a new profile and when going in again, I didn't select the journal but looked around the deck of the ship for a hidden object game and inside the cabin for a clue as to the fuse box. Don't click on the journal and you'll do fine.

Happy Gaming,
Linda

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Aug 27, 11 8:33 PM
Susu2 wrote:I to am having problems with canteen. Wont let me fill a second time. Getting so sick of games having glitches. Seems to happen all to often lately. It's one thing if it happens during trial but once you pay for a game and then in middle of it theres a glitch. SO FUSTRATING

I thought there was a glitch too. The glitch was the hint button was wrong about filling canteen second time. Thanks to another player's tip I went to the fountain of the temple and filled my canteen. It worked then.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Aug 27, 11 8:36 PM
I just finished the game. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Hip Hip Hooray!! Finally a game I was able to use one of my punch reward on. Most of this month has been the SE version of the CE games I had already bought so I wasn't able to use them. I still have 2 to go for all the CEs I bought last month. LOL!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 27, 11 9:53 PM
Hi there,
Well, I did uncheck the full screen mode and had to play in windowed mode - OK as the graphics were very clear (though why have a widescreen setting if it doesn't work).
I managed to complete the main game play, HOWEVER, I too constantly received the access violation error every time I tried to complete the story page puzzles and was kicked out of the game, so I have no idea what these are!!
Cheers

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Aug 27, 11 10:11 PM
the game froze on the deck scene. can't go anywhere at all. uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem remains. no buy here...was beginning to enjoy it...too bad.

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Aug 27, 11 10:12 PM
the game froze on the deck scene. can't go anywhere at all. uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem remains. no buy here...was beginning to enjoy it...too bad.

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Aug 27, 11 10:12 PM

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Aug 27, 11 10:13 PM

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Aug 27, 11 10:13 PM

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 27, 11 10:16 PM
Oh saadia, seems like you are also frozen in Post Reply land!!
Sorry, couldn't resist after 5 repetitions!!

[Post New]by jacgeo on Aug 27, 11 11:57 PM
I've got a bug in the kitchen I see a frozen scene of hidden objects and nothing?

I put the wood in the fireplace, I put the head of a lion in the midst of swords and after nothing -

I can not find anything to do? I'm sick of these bugs, you have a solution?

[Post New]by crypticsolofawn on Aug 28, 11 12:27 AM
I was having same screen issues mentioned here. Could only read "Play" button. So when "play" showed I hit Esp. and "settings" menu appeared. I notices that both the "full screen" box and the "lettered" box were checked. So I unchecked the "lettered" box...And, so far, it has been working.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 28, 11 2:14 AM
Linda_S_55 wrote:
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I'm having tech issues also. My problem is different then the others I've read. I'm playing the game with no problems until I check my game journel. The game freezes and then an error message comes up and the game shuts down. It looks like there are alot of bugs to work out of this game. It looks like it might be a good game, but I'll wait til all the bugs are fixed.

Hello to Lisa and everyone else who's having problems with the Journal. I had the same problem and I got around it by starting a new profile and when going in again, I didn't select the journal but looked around the deck of the ship for a hidden object game and inside the cabin for a clue as to the fuse box. Don't click on the journal and you'll do fine.

Happy Gaming,
Linda

Reading these comments, I was a little apprehensive about the journal, but had in fact no problems at all using it.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Aug 28, 11 2:39 AM
WOW!...was enjoying the game...thought this would be a 'buy'....NOPE!

first...dwnld demo, set name, played...until got to the carriage...took the book...and...the game froze!
could not or would not let me out...had to turn off puter!
second...back to GM and hit play...well changed name...turned off fun cursor...skip to the where the game started...OH MY! GOING GOOD SO FAR!...got to the carriage again...took the book...and...oooopsee!

this time i got a message of 'terminate' access error 0x34be000....WELL at least it let me get back to the GM!

and....BTW...have not had any problems with loading any games, either new demo's or my own purchase history games within the GM...will keep my 'fins' crossed...AND...have had some games that are new freeze up but this game is a FIRST in many many months that has 'ended' with a code!...

kgrnpc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kgrnpc on Aug 28, 11 6:50 AM

Having the same exact problem as you are. Hope this gets fixed soon, the game looks like a good one.

kgrnpc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kgrnpc on Aug 28, 11 7:10 AM
Linda_S_55 wrote:

Happy Gaming,
Linda

I was having the same problem as Lisa and others, but I did as you said Linda, I started a new profile and after doing that, I can actually access the Journal without any problems, Hope that this works for others.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Aug 28, 11 9:49 AM
I've noticed that the b o o t l e g / t o r r e n t game download websites have posted a FIX-download (.exe file) for this game on Aug27-2011.
Wonder why BFG has not done the same?

Go to: