bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Reviews for Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bratzgram on Aug 28, 11 7:07 AM
When I started this demo and saw that you had to jump from location to location I thought there was no way I would like it. Assumed it would be another straight hidden object. I was wrong again
This reminds me of some of the older games I played but with twist. And better art work.
You have to travel to different areas to find items to use in other areas. If that makes sense
The story doesn't really grab you but the play is fun. Great hidden object scenes. You have to collect coins in each area for some reason Not exactly on my game today.

I played the trial in easy mode. When I buy I will play expert just to get better length.
There are 5 chapters plus bonus play. I completed 1 chapter in 43 minutes so it should have good length is all chapters are comparable.

This is going on my list but not as a CE. I will wait for SE on this.

out of 5.

P.S. Just read some other reviews. Sounds like the chapters must get shorter after the first if everyone is finishing so quickly.
Still going to get it as SE.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 28, 11 7:18 AM
This game didn't really grab me for some reason. It's pretty enough, nice clear graphics and some beautiful artwork but seemed a little easy. I will wait for the SE of this one; already have 3 punchcard credits next month and not used all of this month's yet.

On the subject of the GM redirecting to the 'buy' page after exiting a game, I close my internet connection once the trial has downloaded. So the programmers efforts to not very subtly persuade me to buy are wasted; all I get is a message saying 'cannot find page'! However since the GM upgrade, my download speed has improved dramatically.

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Aug 28, 11 7:29 AM
IF you keep playing the game IMO it does get better its like Haunted manoe Lord of the Mirrors and Nightmare realm CE It is a goo game givr it a try on ther game site I got to the 3 piece of cavas it took me an hour a cnvas fo you need 6 so looks like a desent lenght and I don't know what the bonus is about

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 28, 11 7:30 AM
angelfish106 wrote:This game didn't really grab me for some reason. It's pretty enough, nice clear graphics and some beautiful artwork but seemed a little easy. I will wait for the SE of this one; already have 3 punchcard credits next month and not used all of this month's yet.

On the subject of the GM redirecting to the 'buy' page after exiting a game, I close my internet connection once the trial has downloaded. So the programmers efforts to not very subtly persuade me to buy are wasted; all I get is a message saying 'cannot find page'! However since the GM upgrade, my download speed has improved dramatically.

The GM directs me to the "Buy" screen but, for some unknown reason, the Buy button has never worked for me in the new GM.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 28, 11 7:38 AM
userfree wrote:Knew after 10 minutes that I was hooked; I will need to do overtime with all my purchases this week! Graphics, game difficulty, enjoyment, all right for me. Perfect for a Hurricane Irene day in NYC (as long as the electricity holds out). Thanks BFG for another good one!

I too was hooked. I liked it and doing it without a wt. (walkthrough). I got as far as Chapter 2 when it stopped. Will have tosave up to get another credit to purchase. It took me a bit to figure out on the painting and mixing .

As a fellow New Yorker stay safe. I for one hope we don't lose power either. Total electric in my apartment. For everyone living on the east coase and further inland. Stay Safe.

[Post New]by putter1956 on Aug 28, 11 7:55 AM
love this game--keep games li
ke the last couple HOG and i will be one of your best customers!!!!

dashes
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by dashes on Aug 28, 11 8:03 AM
Gameplay soo easy !!! no need to use SG!!! great HOG!!nice graphic!!

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Aug 28, 11 8:32 AM
I see my problem is already showing so must not be alone. told me my time was up before I even opened game after download. Sounds like mixed ratings here, I was looking forward to trying it. Might even have taken a chance without playing first were it not a CE. Guess I'll have to wait til the reg. edition hits.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Aug 28, 11 8:39 AM
It's just another hidden object game. The graphics are well done and the v/o are good and it looks like it would be fun to play BUT, like I've said before, I am sick and tired of every game having hidden object scenes. Why oh why does this have to be? I guess I'll just keep playing my games I own and wait until, well maybe never for an Adventure game w/o hos in it.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 28, 11 9:35 AM
hannah57 wrote:It's just another hidden object game. The graphics are well done and the v/o are good and it looks like it would be fun to play BUT, like I've said before, I am sick and tired of every game having hidden object scenes. Why oh why does this have to be? I guess I'll just keep playing my games I own and wait until, well maybe never for an Adventure game w/o hos in it.

(Did you play Age of Enigma? No H0G scenes, and really quite good.)

As for this game -- it is beautifully drawn. I wish I could just flip from scene to scene to see the artwork and lovely animations. As for the rest, I agree with Hannah57 -- It's just another hidden object game.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Aug 28, 11 10:07 AM
I played the demo and i really enjoyed everything about this game, But i will wait for the SE..then I will buy.. thx DEV's for all your hard work, thx BF for your love for us..

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Aug 28, 11 10:14 AM
This review is based on the demo version. The gameplay itself is a mix of picking up random objects and hidden object scenes. The HOG scenes are not junkpiles and are word and picture based. The story line is one where a child is (once again) held captive in a picture (painting, mirror, etc.) by an evil force. The mother must traipse through various paintings and then locations within the paintings, accomplishing tasks, in order to ultimately free her son.

The graphics are beautiful and the voiceovers are nicely done. Each hidden object scene is visited twice (at least in the first chapter) once with words and once with pictures. The game offers a nice variety of puzzles, none of which are difficult, but they are very nicely done. The sound track, while not "enchanting" is not obtrusive and I had no problem leaving it on during the time I played.

A portion of the strategy guide is available for the demo version. The Table of Contents shows four chapters and a bonus chapter. The demo version (which I played on advanced mode, using no hints or strategy guide and skipping no puzzles) I finished with 10 minutes to spare, playing at an easy pace.

All in all, this is a well-done game with beautifully done graphics. It is on the easy side, but I can see several people enjoying it for that reason, especially parents who like to play games with their children, or those who are looking for lighter fare.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Aug 28, 11 10:29 AM
Liked the game but don't think it's of the caliber of a CE. Will wait and try to spot differences in the SE

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Aug 28, 11 10:55 AM
jkuci wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:This game didn't really grab me for some reason. It's pretty enough, nice clear graphics and some beautiful artwork but seemed a little easy. I will wait for the SE of this one; already have 3 punchcard credits next month and not used all of this month's yet.

The GM directs me to the "Buy" screen but, for some unknown reason, the Buy button has never worked for me in the new GM.
I noticed mine does the same thing. I have to go to BFG, find the game I want and buy it there.

glascot
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by glascot on Aug 28, 11 11:19 AM
Nice refreshing change as I am tired of walking all over the place to find something and then having to figure out where to go back to for something stupid like a hammer that I could have picked up when I was in the room the first time.

Play games mostly on the iPad now so when I would get back to the pc game I could never remember where or how I got to the place I was in the first instance lol.

With the games from the iPad in my head it was hard to remember and I am so very tired of trying to remember how to get back to get an item and in my opinion it is just to make the game seem longer that they had you walking all over the place.

Nice relaxing game which is the reason I play games, don't need to be getting upset that I can't remember where the blasted hammer or whatever the item is you have to go back for is.

Everyone has there own opinion some like to "walk" all over some like me don't so each to their own there is plenty of games for all to enjoy.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Aug 28, 11 11:32 AM
Lost Souls is not another in a series, is it? But it does have some lookalike theme to it, like the package on the porch and the paintings. However, After playing about half the trial, I got into it, despite the slightly annoying scene clicking thing. I've had those before in games and I'm not too fond of them.

Since it is so near September, I think I'll wait until then to buy it but not sure about CE or SE. Have to finish the trial before making that decision. I do like the way the book or diary comes up to tell you things without having to click on it.

It's a buy for me, just not this minute.

Hot in OKC

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Aug 28, 11 11:50 AM
moonladydi wrote:
megwoman25 wrote:This is from Fenomen Games =) This game looked promising and it reeled me in with its voiceovers but all in all I just can't seem to get into this game... <snipped for Context>...
IMO, I feel like this game is better suited towards kids or towards people new to this genre. Since there is a CE sale, I will just take advantage of that as I don't feel this game is worth the $13.99 price. Im kind of disappointed because some of the other worlds look like they will be really nice but I can't stand the overall linear-ness of this game. Happy Gaming to those who buy

You can't buy it at the sale price. That is only for older games released before August. Click on "Learn More" for the list of abt 60 games that qualify.

edited to Bold sentence

oh yah Im aware, I meant take advantage of the other games at the discount price because this one is not something Id pay full price for so I'll go enjoy the sale. Sorry if it was worded wrong. It was late and my meds are crazy haha

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Aug 28, 11 11:54 AM
This is a good game. Good graphics, fairly interesting story, but it's not for those who are fans of Dark and Eerie stuff.
I'm not bashing the game for it was well done.
It's just not my thing.
For those who are looking for something light and entertaining, this is for you.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Aug 28, 11 12:06 PM
RasmusB wrote:Unfortunatel, nowhere nearly as good as the previous Lost Souls games. Primarily due to the REALLY annoying Return to Map dialog that pops up, WAY to often. Not a buy for me I'm affraid.

Rating:
Gameplay: C (Primarily due to the annoying Return To Map message)
GFX: B
Atmosphere: C

Overall C+.

Hey RasmusB--As TeamSD asked, what previous "Lost Souls" are you referring to? There's lots of "Lost," and there's lots of "Souls," but I don't think there are any "Lost Souls." Now, on the subject of "Return To Map"--wouldn't you like to know if there's nothing more to be done in a scene? I don't mind being directed elsewhere, instead of blindly hunting around when there's nothing more to do.

I'd also like to know what you mean by "atmosphere." Is it background sound FX, overall graphics, characters? Please explain, if you do return here.

Regards, elldee

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 28, 11 12:26 PM
Here is something I do NOT understand People will get MAD at a game that last just 3-4 hrs...for $13.99 and OWN it

but then will go to a movie to watch that is maybe 120 min. long & do NOT OWN it for a going rate of the same price??

Here in Central FL to go to a movie and watch its over $12.00 a ticket @ person not counting the popcorn & drink...+ the gas to get there and also having to dress.

At home pay $13.99 for a game watch in your BJ's ( jammies ) or nothing at all!!
have your own popcorn & drink NO gas $$$
FOR A LONGER TIME SPAN, and play over if you like it....

Just Wondering
PEN

Go to: