scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

Re:Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess III

[Post New]by scpotamus on Aug 31, 11 5:31 AM
The one thing that really irritates me is still in this version, and that is the guy saying "What are you waiting for, the clock is ticking!" ARRRGGGH! And yes I noticed that the bridge building is MUCH slower on this one. I really hate the bashing, so am glad to hear there is another type of mini game (although it sounds like one I won't be good at...I liked gathering the gold!)
There is a new feature that I do like, when you are just sitting there waiting for resources, a pink thing with the 3 resources comes up an you can click on the one you need and it will give you 1 unit of whichever one you click on! That can be very helpful!

Otherwise pretty much the same as II. I probably will buy.
But whoever is that great person or people who put out the walkthroughs to get gold please hurry! I'm terrible at getting these things done by nightfall and never have a very big castle! LOL!

Have fun!

gemangus
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by gemangus on Aug 31, 11 5:59 AM
KarenS wrote:This will be an automatic buy for me when it's available for the MAC. I love this series so much and had no idea there was a 3rd one!!! I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it in the PC section.

same here. i hope it doesn't take long for the mac version

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Aug 31, 11 6:33 AM
Could any game be more annoying? It took me two tries at downloading/installing before I realized that clicking on the level icon to start it like any normal game isn't enough, you have to then go across the screen to the other side and click "play"? Kind of redundant don't you think -- taking two steps to do one thing? And that voice over is really, really irritating -- and unnecessary.

katienne
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by katienne on Aug 31, 11 7:24 AM
Put me on the list of people (not so) patienty waiting for the Mac version.

CirceMoon
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by CirceMoon on Aug 31, 11 8:39 AM
ZuluDawn13 wrote:I loved the first two episodes and nearly bought this one without trialling it first.

What has put me off the game a bit is that the developers have retained that stupid bash the animals feature in the game - you know bash 40 wolves to get to the next level.

I do not like this feature for two reasons -

1. I have osteoarthritis and cannot manage to move my cursor quick enough..
2. I do not like to bash animals in any game. x5

Apart from that, I really like this game and maybe there is a FIX so we do not have to bash anything at all, just use our strategy skills which is much more enjoyable.

I agree wholeheartedly, ZuluDawn. That is the one part of the previous game that I hated. I love animals, and do NOT want to go around bashing them! Yes, it's just a game, yes, they aren't real, but still, it's gross and I don't enjoy it. I loved the first game in this series, and the second one was good as well (barring the horrible animal-bashing thing). I will probably try this, but I was really, truly hoping that they would do away with that ridiculous and violent mini-game. That might make me choose to not buy this one. Bummer.

Circe

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 31, 11 9:07 AM
scpotamus wrote:The one thing that really irritates me is still in this version, and that is the guy saying "What are you waiting for, the clock is ticking!" ARRRGGGH! And yes I noticed that the bridge building is MUCH slower on this one. I really hate the bashing, so am glad to hear there is another type of mini game (although it sounds like one I won't be good at...I liked gathering the gold!)
There is a new feature that I do like, when you are just sitting there waiting for resources, a pink thing with the 3 resources comes up an you can click on the one you need and it will give you 1 unit of whichever one you click on! That can be very helpful!

Otherwise pretty much the same as II. I probably will buy.
But whoever is that great person or people who put out the walkthroughs to get gold please hurry! I'm terrible at getting these things done by nightfall and never have a very big castle! LOL!

Have fun!

thats why i like "hidden world" a new one from alawar,,,propably coming here....you can click on your builders to hurry them up,, and there are 3 diff modes..

jlanger78
Marlin
Marlin
9,474 Posts

[Post New]by jlanger78 on Aug 31, 11 9:29 AM
like others have said, this is pretty much the same as the second one, I actually didn't notice a difference on where the timers and resources were kept.. On my computer they are still along the top and bottom

I do like the addition of the pink pop up bubble that offers you one unit of the three resources, very helpful indeed when you are waiting waiting waiting.. I haven't had a problem with getting gold so far and I think I'm about one level from the end of the first group

and building the bridges takes FOREVER, so far not much to distinguish it from the others but it's still a buy for me since I just LOVE these games so much, I actually don't mind that it's so similar.. I didn't have to listen to the instructions to figure out what to do.. also to the person who said you had to click the flag and then the play button.. I found that odd as well when I couldn't get the game to start, but you don't have to click the flag for the level unless you want to replay the level, you can just hit play to go to the next level

and yes the man's voice pops in with the "you've won a trophy" blah blah blah, kind of irritating, but nothing to detract from my enjoyment of the game.. lots of fun.. off to play more

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 31, 11 10:03 AM
CirceMoon wrote:
ZuluDawn13 wrote:I loved the first two episodes and nearly bought this one without trialling it first.

What has put me off the game a bit is that the developers have retained that stupid bash the animals feature in the game - you know bash 40 wolves to get to the next level.

I do not like this feature for two reasons -

1. I have osteoarthritis and cannot manage to move my cursor quick enough..
2. I do not like to bash animals in any game. x5

Apart from that, I really like this game and maybe there is a FIX so we do not have to bash anything at all, just use our strategy skills which is much more enjoyable.

I agree wholeheartedly, ZuluDawn. That is the one part of the previous game that I hated. I love animals, and do NOT want to go around bashing them! Yes, it's just a game, yes, they aren't real, but still, it's gross and I don't enjoy it. I loved the first game in this series, and the second one was good as well (barring the horrible animal-bashing thing). I will probably try this, but I was really, truly hoping that they would do away with that ridiculous and violent mini-game. That might make me choose to not buy this one. Bummer.

Circe

I totally agree with you both. I have arthritis too and hate having to constantly bash something not only because it physically hurts to do it but mainly because hitting animals is wrong and IMO games including this aspect are teaching children that it is OK to go round hitting them. So a big to Nevosoft for including it again. By the way I let the wolves win .

I also turned the sound off to stop the irritating voice, and would have liked to turn the fireworks off too as there are too many of them but I really do like collecting resources and may buy. I don't know why they have slowed the bridge building down as it makes me even slower than my normal tortoise speed and thus I will never get a castle fit for a princess, in fact I will be lucky to get a hovel for the scullery maid .

Cherb

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Aug 31, 11 11:00 AM
Love the game. Was so funny I had just relayed the first two recently and then the third one comes out. I have completed 1-12 and 2-10 about and have had no problem reaching the gold or expert level on any of these. Basics are all the same as on the other game they have added an option that when you run out of something a spot will show up on the screen and you can click it to gather some of what you need. Keep them coming you can't build them as fast as we can play them. Thanks. Now just waiting for the "Roads of Rome 3

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 31, 11 12:37 PM
well i wish i had demoed 1st, this game should be like the other gems,, royal envoy, jack, roads of rome....even if you dont get gold...you can still go on....not this one..

i am on 3.11...not even close to finishing before the dragon....and have tried at least 6 times....very frustrating

i wont buy the next if there is not a change......also agree on the rapid clicking minigames... yech

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Aug 31, 11 12:58 PM
I was actually up at 3AM when this game showed up on the BF website. I didn't even waste my time demoing. I adore building games and this was a definite purchase for me. I needed two games to finish up my second punch card so thank you BF for giving us this one today.

gemangus
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by gemangus on Aug 31, 11 2:05 PM
i also dont want to bash animals. glad to know i am not the only fish in the sea that disapproves. i plan on letting the animals win IF i buy this.

and the developers ought to be listening.

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 2:06:56 PM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Aug 31, 11 2:54 PM
Thanks for the responses to my questions.

Yep, that guy talking during the level was annoying in II - I don't care if he's announcing that I won a trophy or the lotto - when I'm playing and concentrating, I don't want someone yakking in my ear distracting me. In the first game I clicked through the "betweens" so I didn't have to sit and listen to the voiceover - forcing it while trying to play a level is just annoying.

And I don't like the bash-em-up levels. I want to play a building/collecting game, and that isn't one. It breaks the flow, and the enjoyment.

If they intend to keep these things in future games, at least give the option of turning the voiceover off (without turning off the music or sound effects - I like those) and let the player choose to skip the bashing levels.

No buy for me. But I hope everyone else enjoys and and that you don't pull out too much hair trying to get done before the dragon

Someone earlier mentioned Hidden World, so I checked that out elsewhere. It looks promising ... I'll sit tight until it comes here.

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 3:04:16 PM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 31, 11 3:26 PM
ShazPG wrote:Thanks for the responses to my questions.

Yep, that guy talking during the level was annoying in II - I don't care if he's announcing that I won a trophy or the lotto - when I'm playing and concentrating, I don't want someone yakking in my ear distracting me. In the first game I clicked through the "betweens" so I didn't have to sit and listen to the voiceover - forcing it while trying to play a level is just annoying.

And I don't like the bash-em-up levels. I want to play a building/collecting game, and that isn't one. It breaks the flow, and the enjoyment.

If they intend to keep these things in future games, at least give the option of turning the voiceover off (without turning off the music or sound effects - I like those) and let the player choose to skip the bashing levels.

No buy for me. But I hope everyone else enjoys and and that you don't pull out too much hair trying to get done before the dragon

Someone earlier mentioned Hidden World, so I checked that out elsewhere. It looks promising ... I'll sit tight until it comes here.

was me and it is...usually not too long b4 that dev releases here

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 31, 11 3:27 PM
ShazPG wrote:Thanks for the responses to my questions.

was me and it is...usually not too long b4 that dev releases here

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Aug 31, 11 3:41 PM
I just finished the game with all expert, though I have yet to beat the developer's score on some. Will work on that....

Overall, this game is easier than the 2nd one, I can't remember the first one, haven't played that in a long time. I hardly had to replay a level to get expert but not so for the 2nd game.

Bash the animals minigame is easier this time around, each time made it through first try.

It's a very enjoyable and polished game like the previous two. Hope there will be a 4th one soon, maybe make the levels very slightly more challenging.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Aug 31, 11 5:30 PM
Pretty much the same as the previous MKFP which I really liked. I'm on the fence about this one though because of the return of the "bashing" issue as others have already stated. I like wolves and don't care to bash them - I know it's only a game but I still don't like bashing them.

Other than that the demo was fun to play and other than the sidebars, the game looks pretty much the same. I do miss the map as I like maps too and liked seeing where I was and where I was heading. Will have to think about buying this one - sure wish there was a way to get around the bashing...

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Aug 31, 11 6:32 PM
I too purchased this straight away without trial. I was worried when the game started that the music had changed. But through the first 9 levels all seems the same for the most part. Is this one easier or am I just well practiced with the other 2. Building bridges seems to take a lot longer as well it seems.
Off to continue, must brave the badlands and save a kingdom..

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Aug 31, 11 6:50 PM
I was so excited this morning to see this FINALLY here! I've replayed my other two so much - they are my go-to fun games. I was worried when the feedback showed the dreaded bashing again - I really have no problem bashing a hornet or even a wolf that's attacking, but I'd hated that part of the game because it was so fast and it took me forever to beat each one (arthritic fingers). This was much slowed down and the two levels I've played I had no problems with. The dragon however... darn bats!
Am disappointed that the music is now sort of medieval - loved the old music which occasionally appears. The voice and what is said is in all the games - I kind of like it. Very tongue in cheek. Thank you BF for making this available the same day as the site I'd previously bought these on, because BF lagged behind. I'm a happy camper!

SeaTurtle7
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SeaTurtle7 on Aug 31, 11 7:12 PM
Love these games! An automatic buy once it the Mac version comes out. Put me on the list, too

katienne wrote:Put me on the list of people (not so) patienty waiting for the Mac version.

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 7:13:18 PM PST

Go to: