bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Reviews for Frankenstein: The Dismembered Bride

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 1, 11 12:14 AM
I wish the Game description would say "HDO game" then I would not even bother downloading the Demo. These games have (often, not this time) interesting stories and good to excellent graphics. hey do, however, have the worst game interface ever for me. Their complicated system of icons is a big NO for me. I want to be entertained for a couple of hours, I do not want to take a course in Icon Identification. I truly dislike these games. Serves me right in this case I guess. The Title of the game was a total turn off but the graphics looked so good I had to DL the Demo. NO SALE!

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 1, 11 1:11 AM
Yuck.
To start with it's an HdO game - don't like them
The music is awful
The names of the lead characters - Rocky Horror rip off?
Interface is confusing and glitchy
Humor is lousy
HOG objects are too small or really odd (it's a gas can!)

No buy for me.

sorahi23
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by sorahi23 on Sep 1, 11 6:41 AM
Only made it through 13 minutes of the demo. This was a terrible game. There is no explanation of why you are clicking on some things (for example, a pillar which then disappears so you can see more of the scene) and even though I had 6 hints left I had to wait for a timer to fill to use another, what is the point of having multiple hints available if you can't use them. And I don't like having to click on a particular button at the lower right to advance every scene.

And then there was the dialogue... "Of course, a woman's scream must come from the kitchen." Really, Brad? What century are you living in? I don't think Janet disappeared, I think she left because you were a jerk.

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 6:44:17 AM PST

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Sep 1, 11 5:58 PM
Crappy game. Nuff said.

[Post New]by HereF1shyF1shy on Sep 2, 11 10:45 AM
HdO games are really bad. They all have the same crude graphics, boring storylines, easy mini-games, and hidden object scenes that just make your eyes go crossed.

Edited because apparently the forum thinks "h" and "o" spell a naughty word. Maybe so but I didn't mean it like THAT.

Edited on 09/02/2011 at 10:46:42 AM PST

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Sep 2, 11 4:15 PM
Well, I guess I am "odd man (female) out". Either you like it or you don't. "I like it". Found it rather interesting. The screaming only lasted for a while. I guess you have never watched a scary movie, where you hear blood gurgling screams, like deep bubbling noise that liquid makes when it is poured from a bottle the whole entire movie. What about that? Any way it's a game not a marriage.

NokomisVT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by NokomisVT on Sep 3, 11 11:00 AM
I wish the Fish would put the developer's name on the page for each game. There are some companies that consistently produce enjoyable games, even if not every one is stellar, and there are some with a track record completely the opposite. Hd0 is IMO the worst of the latter. I have tried several and as far as I can see they are all fundamentally the same game with different artwork. The tasks are repetitive and dull, story lines usually weak and incoherent, and the hint system is awful. YMMV, of course. At this point if I start a game and see Hd0 on startup, I just delete it immediately.

Letting us know up front who created the game before we decide to download it would save customers who don't care for a particular developer's products the time and aggravation of downloading a game they know they won't enjoy, and possibly reduce server load somewhat.

How about it, Big Fish? An informed customer is a happy customer!

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Sep 4, 11 4:17 AM
I tried it out but couldn't even finish the demo. I don't like the HdO games and this game was no exception. Very clunky interface and it's all Hidden Object scenes. Also, bad graphics and I don't like the moving screens. The lady screaming was annoying and made me want to yell. So this game is not for me.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Sep 4, 11 6:22 AM
I really try to give every game a try..even the HDO games. Some I've bought in the past.
This one is a shame, really. It's as bad as its title. I guess if I was 11 and male I'd think it cool, but I'm not. There's enough adolescent humour and blood and guts I suppose, but talking to a woman's brain that someone slipped on if over the top.
What really is a shame is there are really talented artists working at this game factory and they are putting out better and better art work without getting any better support from the software folks. It's the same basic framework that all HDO games are which is not smooth at all and arrows move you around rather than you move smoothly from one site to another. The hog scenes are a trial. These software gurus really need to take a trip to another developer like ERS and see how it is done. There is great talent being wasted in this development lab..the artists need to realize they are pretty darned good and the power structure of their company will not see this nor make changes needed in this industry. Artists, head for another company..surely a lot of this can be done online/at home. Just my suggestion.
kris

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Sep 4, 11 11:44 AM
I lasted 13 minutes.

[Post New]by Christineinmich on Sep 4, 11 7:36 PM
So silly but I have to admit I caught myself laughing a bit..with each scream, I got the giggles. Not anything I would purchase, but not a bad way to spend an hour.

jazzl2010
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by jazzl2010 on Sep 6, 11 4:33 PM
Could not finish demo...this was a novel idea...ruined by a terribly designed game...irritating.....too much unspoken dialog ....objects somewhat blurry and small..
just awful....don't mind the cartoon quality...loved Charline Harris Dying for Daylight..
but this was a badly designed game....too bad...could have been good..loved the concept....

[Post New]by kimmi_co on Sep 6, 11 10:24 PM
How disappointing - I actually paid $ for this game....I played it for only 10 minutes before I unistalled it!!! IT'S AWFUL!!! I really wish I'd read the reviews before!!!!

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Sep 7, 11 7:46 AM
In order to simplify things I've decided to cut and paste my last review of a Hdo game to this and all future Hdo games. Their games are all variations on the same theme(and a pretty dull theme it is) so why should my review follow suit?
Sooooo.....
I was excited to see this game this morning because I thought that the storyline would lend itself well to a HOG.
Downloaded it.
Opened it up.
Saw the HdO logo.
Closed it.
Deleted it.
Better luck tomorrow everyone!
I'm tempted to contact to ask how many more of these crappy games by Hdo are they contracted to sell?

Edited on 09/07/2011 at 7:48:31 AM PST

sigrid1
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by sigrid1 on Sep 9, 11 11:06 AM
I love you guys......LOL You save me money and give me a chuckle at the same time. I'm really, really bored so I'll try the demo. But I'll do it with zero expectations..

sigrid1
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by sigrid1 on Sep 9, 11 11:36 AM
Okay, I made it to three clicks on the first puzzle and then I remembered why I hate their games.........

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Sep 10, 11 4:25 PM
darn, it looks sooo good but i hate this co.s kind of game...i have had to forgo all of them...phooey

frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by frostledge on Sep 13, 11 8:28 AM
Typically throughout history companies strive to do better, become better then they were in the past. Look at Mystery Case Files for example. With each new game they strive to make it different than the last. More challenging, similar things but with variations. From what I've experienced with HdO, this is NOT the case. They take really awesome themes such as Frankenstein and do the SAME, EXACT process in their games each time, BUT with a different theme. I don't like to diss people or companies, but HOW do they stay in business when it seems the majority cannot stand their games?

I saw the title, got excited, downloaded it, went to play it and upon opening it up, remembered WHY I don't like their games. Then I thought, maybe they've learned from constructive criticisms and have changed their ways. Then I got to the first puzzle. Not so much. I thought to myself, be patient get to a hidden scene and see what happens. NOTHING has changed. I don't think I played even 10 minutes before backing out and uninstalling.

I guess some people don't learn from their mistakes and I think from now on, I will not even bother to DL one of their games, because what's the point? It's like beating a dead horse over and over.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results each time........do they not understand, or do they just not care? I don't get it.

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Sep 15, 11 10:18 AM
couldn't even get to try it - black screen every time I tried to start it. Then totally messed up my computer and had to cold boot and let windows run through a check. So they can definitely put this game where the sun don't shine. Nothing ticks me off more than having a 'game' take over my pc.!

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Sep 26, 11 4:01 AM
Thought I'd give it a go but didn't last 5 mins. It's been uninstalled already. There's 5 mins plus download time I'll never get back.

Go to: