CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by CasualGran on Sep 1, 11 1:36 AM
lucyloket wrote:I'm just curious as to why the description of the game doesn't mention any extras that have been in the CE editions (wallpapers, bonus gameplay etc) up to this point?
Are we seeing the beginning of ALL games being deemed to be CEs - and therefore more expensive - with no discernible 'extras' to warrant an increased price?
Just call me dubious (or is that cynical?)!!!!

I'll come back later to try it - slow d/l doesn't cheer me early in the morning.


When you watch the video at the buy/try page you'll see it's all there. Wallpapers, conceptart and Strategy Guide. If I saw it right, you can even play all the H0 scenes again.

What made me curious is that I've heard voices! Off to download the trial!

CasualGran

 
Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Sep 1, 11 1:37 AM
Looking forward to playing this one but it's taken 40 minutes to go from 78MB to 91MB downloaded

 
sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sunidayz on Sep 1, 11 1:42 AM
I had no issues with the download . It was fast enough and I was up and playing the game in no time. It was a pretty good game. A lot of back and forth though, but that was just based on the demo. The one thing I didn't like was the evidence wall or board . That was a pain. Why not just keep everything in the journal? But maybe it was just another way the developers were trying to be different. The music and graphics were good. I would rate it an 8 out of 10.

 
sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sassylassie on Sep 1, 11 1:51 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:DL was very fast.

I like the game. It has 7 chapters and bonusgame. It's a buy for me!


Morning Shadow Morning Gran (I didn't see you)

Like Dobbie, my download was very fast too. Under 3 minutes. I was told by tech if you run your game managers "by administrator" it by passes a lot of stuff that it wouldn't in normal mode. Something about making the manager think. Run your managers as administrators and she if that helps.

Sassy

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 1:55:33 AM PST


 
Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Roos53 on Sep 1, 11 1:56 AM
1 hour and 55mins to download 58% flippin rubbish, BFG you really need to sort this out.

 
poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by poppy85 on Sep 1, 11 2:10 AM
Downloaded, installed and activated within 6 minutes.

The demo seems to be one hour rather than go to a particular point.

I like what I have seen so far but I am into the 2nd chapter with the hour, don't know if it will turn out to be a short game. Looking at the SG all the chapters are about the same length though so it might turn out to be an 8 hour game.

I'll think about it and wait to see what other fishies think. My resolve not to buy any more CE's might be tested on the 1st of the month............gurgle

 
MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Sep 1, 11 2:18 AM
CasualGran wrote:
lucyloket wrote:I'm just curious as to why the description of the game doesn't mention any extras that have been in the CE editions (wallpapers, bonus gameplay etc) up to this point?
Are we seeing the beginning of ALL games being deemed to be CEs - and therefore more expensive - with no discernible 'extras' to warrant an increased price?
Just call me dubious (or is that cynical?)!!!!

I'll come back later to try it - slow d/l doesn't cheer me early in the morning.


When you watch the video at the buy/try page you'll see it's all there. Wallpapers, conceptart and Strategy Guide. If I saw it right, you can even play all the H0 scenes again.

What made me curious is that I've heard voices! Off to download the trial!

CasualGran


You have to watch the video now to find out why a game merits CE status?

 
CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by CasualGran on Sep 1, 11 2:46 AM
MsFreddie wrote:
CasualGran wrote:
lucyloket wrote:I'm just curious as to why the description of the game doesn't mention any extras that have been in the CE editions (wallpapers, bonus gameplay etc) up to this point?
Are we seeing the beginning of ALL games being deemed to be CEs - and therefore more expensive - with no discernible 'extras' to warrant an increased price?
Just call me dubious (or is that cynical?)!!!!

I'll come back later to try it - slow d/l doesn't cheer me early in the morning.


When you watch the video at the buy/try page you'll see it's all there. Wallpapers, conceptart and Strategy Guide. If I saw it right, you can even play all the H0 scenes again.

What made me curious is that I've heard voices! Off to download the trial!

CasualGran


You have to watch the video now to find out why a game merits CE status?


Don't think so. In the opening screen, where you have to fill in your name, all the extra's can be found.

 
elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 1, 11 2:52 AM
My "full version" D/L stopped for a "red light" at 48% for quite some time--I finally hit the "pause" button, waited about a minute, then hit the "play" button, and the quick D/L kicked right in, finishing in just a few minutes. Maybe this will help some other folks who are experiencing a slow or stalled D/L. Good Gaming--this one's a beauty!

(P.S. I've done a full review in the (obviously) "Review" thread.)

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 2:58:06 AM PST


 
sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Sep 1, 11 2:56 AM
I just finished the trial of this and this is just WOW for me! I was hooked to this right from the get go. This is right up my alley! A great game if you're into the dark side/creepy type of game like me.

Outstanding graphics
Voice overs
Story

Huge kudos to Big Fish and the developers on this game. Thank you!

As for downloading took over a 1/2 hour for me but worth it.

For now off to bed but this is definitely on my to buy list! Absolutely love it!

 
oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by oasis53 on Sep 1, 11 3:14 AM
I agree with lucyloket ...I hate that all the good games are CE...I pay for the entire year at once have been a member for YEARS..and have 4 game credits ...because I have not found ANY games to play...I will not pay for the CE games...I don't want any stupid wallpapers... and they are not worth 13.99... I only buy **** games because those are my favorites...thinking of changing to another site..do not get moneys worth anymore!

 
janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by janspack on Sep 1, 11 3:20 AM
Personally, I'd rather have a couple of great CE's a week than 7 mediocre games. And you get 3 bonus points for this so I often end up with 4 bonus tokens a month now to put towards other games.

If you look at the cost of games for Wii, Playstation etc etc ( often around £40 in the UK). I think this price is worth paying for a good game.

 
dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dootney on Sep 1, 11 3:55 AM
Thanks to all of you for the Reviews and Comments Sections today Im buying without trying to save download time. The video also helped convince me. It was comprehensive, explained what was included in the whole game.

 
Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 1, 11 4:26 AM
sassylassie wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:DL was very fast.

I like the game. It has 7 chapters and bonusgame. It's a buy for me!


Morning Shadow Morning Gran (I didn't see you)

Like Dobbie, my download was very fast too. Under 3 minutes. I was told by tech if you run your game managers "by administrator" it by passes a lot of stuff that it wouldn't in normal mode. Something about making the manager think. Run your managers as administrators and she if that helps.

Sassy


I tested your recommendation by using your method on the GM ( I have always used "by administrator" in opening up the saved files), I used this combination to download a previously released CE, it worked, 8 min. for a smaller file but still a huge improvement over the 2 hour+ time on today's CE. I just hope this was was not just another arbitrary Big Fish fluke (no pun intended) and will work if I decide to purchase today's game which I was finally able to try out. Thank You.

 
vievieta
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by vievieta on Sep 1, 11 5:59 AM
I love it

 
elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 1, 11 7:28 AM
oasis53 wrote:I agree with lucyloket ...I hate that all the good games are CE...I pay for the entire year at once have been a member for YEARS..and have 4 game credits ...because I have not found ANY games to play...I will not pay for the CE games...I don't want any stupid wallpapers... and they are not worth 13.99... I only buy **** games because those are my favorites...thinking of changing to another site..do not get moneys worth anymore!


Hey Oasis53--It's a bit of a shame that you feel this way about the CE offerings and BFG in general. I agree with you that some of the CEs probably aren't worth the price--"Golden Trails 2..." is a good example, IMH0. But others, like today's release, are so artistic and so well done, that they warrant the price, "stupid wallpapers" or not.

I'm with you on the H0 games--I'm definitely a "H0Gster," and I find the SE versions few and far between (meaning those credits and Punchcard coupons can get kinda stale). But I'm not too sure that moving on to another portal would make you any happier--I belong to a couple of other ones, and BFG is still where it's at.

Have you even tried the demo of today's CE?

Hope you come back to read other folks' comments.

 
SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by SMQMC on Sep 1, 11 7:39 AM
I feel for all of you who have slow downloads, but how would you like to have super long downloads, like 3-1/2 to 4 hours? If I purchase 3 games, I just let the computer run all night and in the morning (if they're done), I install them. It's a real pit and one that's making me re-think BF for a while. At least until they get the GM fixed. They tell me it must be my provider or computer. Uh-uh. Most everybody else is having the same problem with downloads. Disgusting..........

 
mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 1, 11 8:11 AM
Great game. Good graphics. Good story. Love playing detective. My only dislike are the junkpile-ish HOG scenes. I don't think its necessary to cram so many objects into one HOG scene IMO. Other than that I am enjoying this game immensely.

 

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Sep 1, 11 8:50 AM
sassylassie wrote:
I was told by tech if you run your game managers "by administrator" it by passes a lot of stuff that it wouldn't in normal mode. Something about making the manager think. Run your managers as administrators and she if that helps.

Sassy


Sassylassie,

I read your suggestion about running your game manager "by administrator". I've been a member for quite a while, but, for some reason, I don't know how to do this. Could you please explain how this is done? I'd like to try it.

Classicaljazz


 
LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Sep 1, 11 10:41 AM
Lilabelle wrote:
sassylassie wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:DL was very fast.

I like the game. It has 7 chapters and bonusgame. It's a buy for me!


Morning Shadow Morning Gran (I didn't see you)

Like Dobbie, my download was very fast too. Under 3 minutes. I was told by tech if you run your game managers "by administrator" it by passes a lot of stuff that it wouldn't in normal mode. Something about making the manager think. Run your managers as administrators and she if that helps.

Sassy


I tested your recommendation by using your method on the GM ( I have always used "by administrator" in opening up the saved files), I used this combination to download a previously released CE, it worked, 8 min. for a smaller file but still a huge improvement over the 2 hour+ time on today's CE. I just hope this was was not just another arbitrary Big Fish fluke (no pun intended) and will work if I decide to purchase today's game which I was finally able to try out. Thank You.


I hate to sound dumb, but I'm willing to if it helps speed up the downloads from BF. . Please explain what you mean by "BY ADMINISTRATOR". Are you talking about signing on to the PC as the admin? or something very different that I am not be aware of? My ID is the administrator of this PC but It sounds like you are talking about taking "specific" actions on the GM. Please pardon my lack of tech skills!!! lol

Cyndi

 
 
 
 
Go to: