Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Post any Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Menesa on Sep 1, 11 9:42 PM
I'm wondering why I think it better to check out the tech problems posts of a CE before I even read the game revues these days ...Well,I remember back when BF games always worked .......oh for those good old days .
After seeing all the posts I'm going to try it .."try" being the operative word...I like the sound of the game bit of dark fantasy.
Will come back and give my humble opinion/review

antiquer
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,386 Posts

Re:Post any Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by antiquer on Sep 1, 11 9:49 PM
I tried for 10 minutes. Had to exit. When I exited received access violation error. Just went back in and when I hit play, game closes and I am back at the GM. I have uninstalled, am reinstalling and will see what happens next.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Sep 2, 11 1:00 AM
Hi fishy`s i have another problem today, i want this game and grim tales but for the last two days it wont let me buy anything it comes up with internet explorer encounterd a problem and shut me down.
Help please anyone i need a game, i`ve never had this problem before !!!!

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Sep 2, 11 5:42 AM
Well after waiting for nearly 3hrs to download the game it started off perfect,untill i had to get to the back garden gate with the rusty key, well it wont let me offer up the key with the magnifier, and it wont give me a hint or anything, in my inventory is a wind up key, clean rag,pendant,chisel,large candle 2/3 brass wedges 2/6 and the rusty key, now i have uninstalled the game twice now and im getting rather fed up with the game so if you cant sort my problem out then i would like a full refund.

amrith777
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by amrith777 on Sep 2, 11 6:14 AM
crispypot wrote:Hi fishy`s i have another problem today, i want this game and grim tales but for the last two days it wont let me buy anything it comes up with internet explorer encounterd a problem and shut me down.
Help please anyone i need a game, i`ve never had this problem before !!!!

Are you using IE as your default browser?Perhaps try Firefox or Chrome--maybe that'll solve the problem...I hope you sort it out.

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Sep 2, 11 10:14 AM
eedebeep wrote:I"m supposed to go out of the boarding house and find an unconscious man, however, he's not there! and it doesn't seem I can go any farther without encountering him. Anyone else have this problem?

I too am having this problem, a day later as I didn't have time to pursue the game further yesterday. Is there a fix?

Sheila

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Sep 2, 11 11:13 AM
I tried uninstall, reboot, reinstall--without success. Then I tried starting the game all over again under a new profile--same problem.

Has anyone had success with this issue? I've carefully searched through the strategy guide and I've done everything I see there, prior to this stage, so cannot understand why the "unconscious man" has not appeared. And without him I do not seem to be able to go forward.

Please, someone advise...

Sheila

formerly
Clownfish
Clownfish
840 Posts

[Post New]by formerly on Sep 2, 11 5:55 PM
grandmab3248 wrote:
eedebeep wrote:I"m supposed to go out of the boarding house and find an unconscious man, however, he's not there! and it doesn't seem I can go any farther without encountering him. Anyone else have this problem?

eedebeep: I, too, did not find the unconcscious man outside of the hotel. I don't know how that would affect you later in the game, since the demo ended shortly after this.[uote

I'm having the same issue.No unconscious man outside.I have uninstalled and reinstalled still the same issue.Any ideas what to do next.

Edited on 09/02/2011 at 6:02:34 PM PST

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Sep 2, 11 6:09 PM
Solution to "unconscious man" failure to appear---WARNING! SPOILER ALERT!
I figured out the "unconscious man" problem. If, you too have found that he doesn't appear, go back and arrange your evidence wall until all the available deductions have been reached. Perhaps this will require rearranging your evidence itself on the wall, but keep trying. Once you've got it right, the "unconscious man" will appear.

I figured it out, only after several attempts to uninstall and reinstall with reboot, including deleting the game stub from my computer AND starting again under a new profile. I finally decided there must be something that I had failed to do to trigger his appearance, and I tried EVERYTHING. At last, I rearranged my evidence wall, and voila, there it was!

Hope this saves someone else too much annoyance.... simply move forward with a tad less stress...
Sheila

formerly
Clownfish
Clownfish
840 Posts

[Post New]by formerly on Sep 2, 11 6:15 PM
thanks sheila i'll give it a try.

formerly
Clownfish
Clownfish
840 Posts

[Post New]by formerly on Sep 2, 11 6:31 PM
Worked like a charm.Thanks Again Sheila

mazza1608
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mazza1608 on Sep 3, 11 2:04 AM
Got quite far into the game. Need 3 skulls and have only 2. I couldn't pick one up in the brief case and can't go back to it. Can anyone help. Thanks.

[Post New]by dawnsamjay2071 on Sep 3, 11 1:17 PM
mazza1608 wrote:Got quite far into the game. Need 3 skulls and have only 2. I couldn't pick one up in the brief case and can't go back to it. Can anyone help. Thanks.

I have the same problem so i cant go any further and when i go to check where the skulls are suppose to be..they are not there.I had a previous problem with it not letting me pick up the light bulb so i restarted under a different profile and all working fine until now.I'm NOT restarting again as i am near the end of the game.I will be asking for a refund on this one!!Not impressed and sorry i haven't got a solution , besides starting again under a different profile.

Jools_99
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Jools_99 on Sep 4, 11 12:27 AM
The Cabin.................. I opened the box and there is a picture and toy soldier inside. I picked the picture up first and now it will not let me go into the box again to pick the toy soldier up. I carried on and completed most other tasks now after hours of play i am completely stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jools_99
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Jools_99 on Sep 4, 11 7:13 AM
Come on give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the toy soldier issues i uninstalled game and started again but now i forgot to pick up car jack before moving on. Went back to get it and i cannot as it wont go back to the old car.... Seriously is this one chance only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im very unhappy with this tec issue, since both times i have almost completed game to be dogged by these issues......

Not a happy gamer!

[Post New]by Choppykins on Sep 4, 11 6:55 PM
I'm playing the bonus level and got to the nursery where I examined the dolls on the right and got the shield piece. I didn't lift up the party hat at that point. I have gone back in and tried to follow the directions in strategy guide, but there is nothing selectable in the nursery now. Can't get the wind-up key...any ideas?

[Post New]by undrgrndgirl on Sep 4, 11 7:39 PM
sheilafaye wrote:

I too am having this problem, a day later as I didn't have time to pursue the game further yesterday. Is there a fix?

Sheila

me too.

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Sep 4, 11 9:19 PM
Hello .. FYI it took me over 24 hours before this game would even download.. The trial did fine.. but once I paid for the game it would not download at all... NOTHING.. Finally today I downloaded Isla Dorada.. and added Enigmatis to the download queque.. and lo and behold it download.. I just finished the game and enjoyed it very much. .. I am so tired of all problems with games recently.. one game I still can't even report because it upsets me so much... 4 CE games in row (that I have paid for) that has been a headache in one way or another.. .. I'm going to have my computer checked out and updated if need be before I contact customer service... so far you have told me it's all my fault... you have however been so kind and generous to give me credits for some of my problems.. . I ended up with so many credits I gave some away to my sister just so they get used... you can tell I'm frustrated,, but I have to say... I still want to be a member and from what I have heard it could be worse.... just whining I guess That's terrible, never considered myself a whiner before,,, but I guess the day has come...

Now I am wondering.... will anybody even see this?

Edited on 09/04/2011 at 9:21:41 PM PST

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Sep 6, 11 7:24 AM
Well, I have a new problem for you. I am at the point where you go to the rock statue and the SG says to take a left deep into the forest. Then a message will appear to tell you to turn left, twice right and left again to get to the boat house. Guess what? It tells me I have no time for scenic trails. I can't go any further. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found I had not put all my evidence in at that time and its okay now.

New problem....I have to go to the cabin and play the hidden object scene to get the handle to get into the cellar. I have all my evidence done and went back to the cabin and no hidden object sparkles or scene. I can't go any further and I really don't want to start over at this point. Wish I had known that this game has rules about evidence and in what order you can do things. To me the only way to follow their timetable is to follow the SG with every scene. What fun is that? Any suggestions?

Edited on 09/06/2011 at 10:06:39 AM PST

[Post New]by yellowrose1943 on Sep 9, 11 10:28 AM
I am still downloading the full version of this game. But I have had a different problem with several of the games and I wondered if any of you have had the problem of being in the game and my computer shuts down. It only does it on games and not all of them. I have talked to tech support and tried a lot of things. Also my computer has been checked out ok.

Go to: