Re:Review for Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 1, 11 7:26 AM
jennsmom wrote:Oh nooooo!! After the weekend sale, I absolutely should not buy another game...but this is so good. I'm hooked on the story. I like the graphics. The H/O scenes were not too junkpile, the background music and voice were more than acceptable and I want to know what happens next! I don't think I can wait for the SE of this game.
Don't wait! It's great!!!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Sep 1, 11 7:57 AM
I've been tired of dark games lately but - Wow! This game is STUNNING. (The dev is Artifex Mundi). An absolute must buy for me.

[Post New]by justplainme on Sep 1, 11 8:29 AM
Hi to all the fisheys. This is only my third post but I would like to know who or what mudrock is and where can you read his/her reviews. I also would like to know how someone finds out about games before they are released.

Thanks fo the information!

[Post New]by justplainme on Sep 1, 11 8:29 AM
Hi to all the fisheys. This is only my third post but I would like to know who or what mudrock is and where can you read his/her reviews. I also would like to know how someone finds out about games before they are released.

[Post New]by justplainme on Sep 1, 11 8:30 AM

JoJoLavin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by JoJoLavin on Sep 1, 11 8:36 AM
Just plain elegant!! I wasn't planning on purchasing, as I have drained my pocketbook, but when I read the reviews, and decided to give it a try, well, after ten minutes I bought it. I love everything about this game. Well done devs, AND Big Fish Games. This is why I am such a loyal customer. The wide range of choices, the solid customer service, and games like this. Happy days!!!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 1, 11 9:07 AM
justplainme wrote:Hi to all the fisheys. This is only my third post but I would like to know who or what mudrock is and where can you read his/her reviews. I also would like to know how someone finds out about games before they are released.

mudrock is a bfg employee who posts the weeks upcoming games, his thread can be found in chitchat corner, he does not do reviews,

as for games in the pipeline...review sites (that we are not allowed to name) usually tell about them, or the sneak peek thread in ccc..people talk about beta,s they are doing there

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Sep 1, 11 10:07 AM
When we're given the gift of a more than excellant game to play and.or buy..it really makes me feel, anyway, that I'm lucky. I'm lucky to admire and experience this level of professionalism in an art form be it a "game" or not.
Enigmatis is a piece of art. it really is. From the high level of art work in itself..and these artists have spent so much time critiquing their own work..shadows are perfect, the hues are right on, a real depth of colour that we don't get to see very often and when we do..well you all know what I'm sayingm this is a masterpiece of workmanship.

The gameplay is smooth and friendly. You are given multiple different helps..be it the hint button, the map or the games own forum. (not counting the SG which I didn't even look for..you don't need it). The pages go on and on and on and just when I felt that panic of a maze coming at me..voila there is a compus right there in your hand to guide you.

The plot line is a nice change from all the weirdness we've had lately. This game is also slightly dark, but it's a murder/missing person mystery and seems appropriate. I'm loving this game, can you tell? It seems nice and long and most def a buy!
kris

It

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Sep 1, 11 12:37 PM
It seems you all really like this game. My only complaint so far, is that I find some of the h.o. scenes difficult because there's too much stuff in them.

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Sep 1, 11 1:01 PM
Great game, wonderful graphics, interesting story, and it played without a hitch! Thanks Big Fish!

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Sep 1, 11 1:44 PM
Looks like a good game for those who enjoy dark stories. Not a buy for me.

bfgfan25
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by bfgfan25 on Sep 1, 11 1:57 PM
How long is the bonus game? Is the regular game a complete story without the bonus?

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Sep 1, 11 2:25 PM
OK I give up..New month, got my pension I guess I'll have to buy the last 5 CE's since I cant find any decent SE's. The better half will figure out how to adjust the budget.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 1, 11 2:30 PM
I guess I am not as excitited about this game as all of the other gamers. I thought the HOG's were very hard to find as didn't find the graphic's as crisp and clear as everyone else. I only have 6 min left and still leaving a feeling of really not liking it. It's not the worst, but with all the hype that has been given, just thought it would be a lot better.

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Sep 1, 11 2:44 PM
This is yet another game which is chock-full of junk-pile hidden object scenes. There are a few rather simple and obvious tasks to complete between the hidden object scenes, but nothing that I found intriguing or particularly interesting.

For those who enjoy this sort of game, it does offer an in-game strategy guide and hint system. I found the soundtrack to be repetitive and dull, and would rate the sound effects as just “okay”. Overall, the game graphics are alright, but are not beautiful, unusual or remarkable.

If you are looking for an adventure game, this really doesn’t qualify. It’s just another hidden object game. I personally didn’t find it challenging or enjoyable.

But if you’re a big fan of hidden object scenes, you may like it.

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 2:48:18 PM PST

HondaTrike
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Reviews for Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by HondaTrike on Sep 1, 11 3:25 PM
After reading the reviews, I gotta buy this one. I haven't even looked at the demo, but usually you all are very good with your reviews. I only have one question??? How in the world do you play them all? I bet I have 10 on my computer right now. Everytime I get another one, I drop the ones I'm playing to start a new one, then I get wrapped up in it, and then read another great review of another game. Big Fish Games does put out so many good games, and I really like the price of the games. Geez -- I remember when you had to go to the store to buy these games, and they were like $49.99 (yeap, showing my age). So I love the prices, and love the games, but it's killing me trying to keep up with them all. So now after reading the reviews I gotta have this one too. I have even deleted some games, as I get so involved in the newer ones I've got, that I forget how the older ones are, and what the story is about or anything, losing interest.

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Sep 1, 11 4:13 PM
For me, this beats the last MCF and I am going to hide after saying that. Unlike many, I am not big into voiceovers, but these, as well as the music, are great. Actually was really startled in this one, which never happens. Love it. Always appreciate the map. Thank you so much!

melrat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by melrat on Sep 1, 11 4:51 PM
Yay! I have been waitinf or this game since doing the beta version. I loved it then and have been itching for it to come out. This is a really good game. Good puzzles (not to hard not to easy) great finding scenes and fantastic story. A++ for this one.

kboozer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kboozer on Sep 1, 11 4:58 PM
Loved this game. It was one of the best I've played in a long, long time. The story line made sense and the art and voice overs were great. I'm sure from the ending that there will be another. I can't wait. Thanks BF and thank you devs.

[Post New]by gardeniaeater on Sep 1, 11 5:31 PM
i am enjoying this game so much! everything about it is high quality. i had to force myself to put it down for the night because i didn't want to burn out on it.

Go to: