DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 2, 11 12:12 AM
Hi there,
After playing this most delightful and absorbing game (though I am not yet finished) I thought I would add some extra comments.
This is a real Hidden Object, not Find the Object game. Thank-you devs for returning to the old style of H0 whereby the objects are cleverly hidden (without being teeny tiny (I too agree with you here Shadowfax)) and you actually have to search for what is listed. In one scene I found the usually sneaky feather, the = sign, but couldn't for the life of me find the remote control!!
The Evidence Board is a neat facility and actually makes you feel like you are doing the sleuthing.
And, some of the surprises in the cut scenes - well, I though I would find a room under the floor!!!
The voice overs are also well done and appropriate.
I still haven't used the SG - but I did find that the Hint button was very useful when I thought I was extremely flummoxed. Should have remembered to backtrack again.
Cheers.
PS Please check your PMs RickF and Kalalika.
PPS phatkhat, the screenshots do not do this game any justice at all. It is NOT a Becky Brogan by any stretch of the imagination.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Sep 2, 11 11:42 AM
Love this game. great story. great graphics. good mix of **** and adventure. very long game - not near end yet. This game goes in my top 10 favs.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Sep 2, 11 4:51 PM
This was a long game for me. Started at 9;30 am or 10 am. I just finished the game at 7:45 pm, EST. There's a lot of Texas two stepping throughout the game. By this, I mean traveling back and forth. Everyone will like this game and it is a to be continued one. Hopefully not a CE as this one is.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 3, 11 1:42 AM
Hi crazy8club,
Yes the dreaded TBC message was posted - but I (along with you and others I suppose) had already expected this as the adventure was nowhere finished near the end of the very long main game.
And for those of you who would like the info on the extra game play in the CE highlight below ->
well it concerns the mysterious male character and his search for his loved one .... a prequel so to speak .... and will probably have little impact on the overall premise/ending of the game as a SE (but it was interesting to play and added to the overall value of the game).
Also incuded in the "extras" is the opportunity to replay the H0 scenes for H0 fans (along with wallpapers etc).
Cheers

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 3, 11 4:10 PM
Diabolically Delightful! i love the hard ones...playing on 'expert' as usual...am totally stuck right now but know i will enjoy the moment when i finally figure it out...
thanks for another delicious dilemma. (why am i being so alliterate? lol..)
this game!

[Post New]by MichaelMaiden25 on Nov 5, 11 7:14 AM
This Game!

violet_sf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by violet_sf on Jan 14, 12 1:19 PM
I had no trouble downloading this game and it is one of my faves. Very absorbing from start to finish. Graphics are clear and crisp; the over all game play challenging and intuitive. A definite keeper to play again in the future.

[Post New]by Typhoon3060 on Jun 1, 12 4:51 AM
I am getting ticked off with this game.

I am really finding it to be finicky, you have to tap just the right spot or tap multiple times to do what you have to do. I tried to get up to the tower to look for the statue but the game just wouldn't let me do it. Finally, I did a number of taps in rapid succession and was allowed to get to the tower.

This wasn't the first time something like this happened either. It happened it one of the HO scenes and in the first car HO scene. This game is good but the version I have needs to be updated to make game play smoother.

Edited on 06/18/2012 at 8:38:47 PM PST

[Post New]by khawkins577 on Jun 4, 12 7:11 PM
I'm having trouble going to the tower too. I've read thru the strategy guide and don't see anything ive missed and the hint button tells me to go there but it won't let me. I tried rapid clicking but it didn't work. I cant find anything to do so I guess I'm stuck. Unless anyone has a suggestion I guess I'll have to stop playing. Bummer! :–(

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jul 9, 12 5:04 PM
tj1147 wrote:When I am downloading a game, I don't pause the download. I just leave it and start playing another game. When the download finishes, I get a pop-up of the GM saying "download finished...installing...." (or something like that). I click the button to continue and it finishes up on its own. Not sure this works for everyone, but I have never paused the download as I didn't think of it!

Wow! Thanks for that info. I never would have thought to do that. I just sit there, drumming my fingers... Thanks again!

[Post New]by carchulita on Sep 1, 12 9:21 PM
Does anyone know where the access card is for the computer in the hotel room ?Iwould appreciate any help Thanks

[Post New]by carchulita on Sep 2, 12 8:35 AM
Does anyone know where the access card is for the computer in the hotel room ?Iwould appreciate any help Thanks

wariatus
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by wariatus on Sep 3, 12 4:13 AM
Try searching the car. Let me know if you need more help

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Nov 30, 12 6:48 AM
Many thanks to DragonLadyOz for describing the bonus game. I sincerely wish I had an overview of every CE bonus - I think I'd buy more CEs if I knew I'd get my money's worth. I just finished the SE and did enjoy it but wondered what I was missing.

Go to: