chess game

dw6t
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:chess game

[Post New]by dw6t on Apr 9, 09 10:15 PM
i just got the game for my 62 th birthday 4/6/09 and ive been at the chess game for 2 days lordy im no spring chicken please help me

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 10, 09 5:26 AM
Unfortunately there's no in-game help and you can't skip the puzzle. Anyone in your family to do it for you?

rdrsfan31
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rdrsfan31 on Apr 13, 09 7:28 AM
To all that have difficulty completing the Chess Game/Simon Says I have found the ultimate solution!
My "adopted" 14 year old daughter (I say "adopted" cuz she's a friend's daughter and more at my house than at hers LOL), did this part of the game in one try....and she was on the phone and texting at the same time.....
Yes, she's ADHD...LOL
I will rent her out to any of you should you need her (and even with Texting she did it in 3 attempts..)
She told me she liked that particular puzzle cuz it was "easy"......

Just leave me a message if you live in the VA area and need a solution to the puzzle LOL

Raider...

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 13, 09 11:27 AM
dw6t wrote:i just got the game for my 62 th birthday 4/6/09 and ive been at the chess game for 2 days lordy im no spring chicken please help me
I am 62 also but I don't know if age makes a difference on this game. It seems that all ages have problems with this game. I am usually able to make it through this game on the first try by using the techniques that I have mentioned in my previous posts. If you read through this topic, especially on page one, there are several suggestions and tips on how to complete this game.

It is a difficult game and I wish it had a SKIP but Kat Games didn't make it that way.

Best of luck to everyone.

Islaug
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Islaug on May 21, 09 12:07 PM
It is my first time with the Dream Chronicles Games -and I find them to be very good games, specially nr. 3. But like you I am stuck with the chess game. I just finished DC3 -and there are different -Simon Says puzzles -but they are not so difficult as this one -so to you who don't want to buy nr. 3 because of this chess puzzle -try it at least for the free hour. It's so fantastic to play -the graphics are much more beautifull than at DC2 -I just love it!!:-)

suzeq25
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by suzeq25 on May 25, 09 2:19 AM
I had the same problem as everyone else with the frustrating chess game. I played DC 1 and 3 and enjoyed both very much, but for some reason had never played #2, so I purchased it and did pretty well until the dreaded chess game came up. I came to this forum for suggestions and found that the idea of looking more towards the middle of the board instead of trying to follow each lit square to be helpful. Another thing I tried that seemed to help was that I would say the color of the square as it lit up, either black or white, and then repeat it back as I attempted to follow the pattern (I hope this makes sense). This made it somewhat easier to remember which square to go to, that is until it got to the sequence of 6 squares. At that point it got too hard to try to remember the order of the colors along with the correct pattern, and it was just pure dumb luck that I finally got through the game. It took me hours and at least 25-30 attempts to finally get it. I just can't believe how long it took to successfully repeat that final pattern. Hopefully that blood pressure raising type of challenge will never make its way back into any future DC games!

dw6t
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by dw6t on Sep 6, 09 3:16 PM
dw6t wrote:i just got the game for my 62 th birthday 4/6/09 and ive been at the chess game for 2 days lordy im no spring chicken please help me
i got my very young nephen and he solved it complete the chess game & the rest is easy i completed it weeeee!!!

[Post New]by beadgirl_1981 on Jan 1, 10 8:57 PM
Normally I am not one to skip puzzles, I generally challenge myself not to, but I have been stuck at this puzzle for about a year now. No I have not been working on it steady, in fact it has been sitting in a dusty corner of my computer for about 6 months now because that puzzle drives me nuts and there were other games to play. Maybe after reading this thread I will try it again, or see i can get someone else to do the puzzle for me.

nene093035
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by nene093035 on Jan 20, 10 1:44 PM
I think I'll shelve it for now. Maybe they'll add skips if you want to. I sure would love to skip this one.

[Post New]by DreamDancer82 on Mar 2, 10 2:44 AM
I'm just glad there wasn't a timer on this game, because my method was a bit time consuming, but it was the only way I could think of to get through the chess game (I've always hated "Simon.")

Since I use a laptop, I didn't think the cling wrap would work, mainly because I just couldn't keep up with the lights. So what I did was take my camcorder and a blank tape, and recorded the board. Then I rewound back every time the sequence was finished, but before I clicked on the last square of the sequence, I positioned my cursor on it, and set up the camera to start recording again. Of course, I had to rewind back two or three times during the last few sequences. Like I said, a bit time consuming, but since there's no timer on the game . . . . . . .

chess game

[Post New]by uttermother on Apr 20, 11 6:15 PM
brendacarroll wrote:
carla33047 wrote:Help,I can't get through the chess game,any suggestions???Thanks
I can't get the last missing chess /broken piece?? help Uttermother Irestarted the chapter and found all the missing chess pieces, and then made several attempts to do the light segment. then I got a tip from another fishies to use a clear wrap over the monitor and mark the sec., da da how simple.

Edited on 04/23/2011 at 5:55:30 PM PST

[Post New]by uttermother on Apr 23, 11 5:49 PM
Hi, It took me a while too. I put a piece of clear wrap over the monitor and used different color markers to follow the light. Uttermother.

chess game

[Post New]by uttermother on Apr 23, 11 5:57 PM
carla33047 wrote:Help,I can't get through the chess game,any suggestions???Thanks
Use clear wrap over the monitor and mark the lights with different color markers. It Worked for me Uttermother

[Post New]by uttermother on Apr 23, 11 6:01 PM
khimes wrote:The chess game is maddening! I've been working on it for several days now.. I just can't get it! It goes too fast for me! I wish there was a way to skip this one or slow it down or something! grrrrrrrrrrrrr I can't go any further in the game until I get this.... I get to where I have the opponent has one more and I may have seven or eight men but I keep screwing up! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I don't like this one!
use a piece of clear wrap over the monitor and mark off with different color markers..Uttermother

[Post New]by uttermother on Apr 23, 11 6:03 PM
Kayllis and other fishies that are having trouble with the chess game. I used a clear wrap over the monitor and marked if off with different color markers. It worked.. Uttermother

lawfalot
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lawfalot on May 2, 11 12:29 AM
rdrsfan31 wrote:To all that have difficulty completing the Chess Game/Simon Says I have found the ultimate solution!
My "adopted" 14 year old daughter (I say "adopted" cuz she's a friend's daughter and more at my house than at hers LOL), did this part of the game in one try....and she was on the phone and texting at the same time.....
Yes, she's ADHD...LOL
I will rent her out to any of you should you need her (and even with Texting she did it in 3 attempts..)
She told me she liked that particular puzzle cuz it was "easy"......

Just leave me a message if you live in the VA area and need a solution to the puzzle LOL

Raider...

I may have to schedule a trip to visit my brother and sister-in-law..LOL
71 here, and I can't even approach completing the chess game puzzle.

[Post New]by ronniek on May 18, 11 12:31 PM
The best solution on here was the video one. I used my mobile phone to video it and at long last after a whole week!!!! I HAVE DONE IT!!!!!!!!! Yeeehhhhh!!

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Feb 10, 12 5:01 PM
Big Fish Games:

I sincerely hope you are sending copies of these posts to the game maker! They need to know just how serious their mistake was. They have obviously put a lot of time and effort into these games and can't have intended to absolutely ruin the enjoyment for so many.
Hitting a deadend that keeps me from playing a game I just bought will have a serious impact on future buying decisions concerning that company. As beautiful and fun as the DC series is, I'm passing from now on unless they fix this huge problem.
If there is one rule all developers need to follow it's this: NEVER make a game impossible to win due to overlooking an item that can no longer be retrieved or an inability to solve a puzzle. A game is supposed to be fun and challenging, not frustrating and impossible to finish.

I will attempt the videotaping idea because that is my only chance of passing this, but my point is - none of us should have had to take measures like this just to move into another scene and continue playing!

to Kat Games!

March_Hare
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by March_Hare on Mar 9, 12 4:32 PM
Chiming in to echo the frustration with the "chess" puzzle. Pity it's not a real chess puzzle as I'd have a much better chance of solving it. But it's not chess, it's Simon, and I can't get past it. I've had it down to only one brown piece left, and still ended up losing. I don't have any way of recording it, and I'm not putting plastic wrap on my nice shiny new LED widescreen monitor. I did try covering up the white side but it didn't help me much. So I give up.

I actually bought this game a few years ago, when it first came out, and hit this stumbling block before. Dusted it off the other day, started all over and was having a great time with this game until I hit this nasty puzzle.

And now, after coming so far in the story, solving all those puzzles in the "journey", I won't be able to see/witness the ending.

Dream Chronicles 2 is the second game in the series I bought (really enjoyed Dream Chronicles 1) but this "unchess" puzzle as a poster upthread so aptly called it, is the reason I won't be buying any more games in the Dream Chronicles series.

Edited on 03/09/2012 at 4:48:24 PM PST

pinkwitch12
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by pinkwitch12 on Jun 26, 12 5:43 PM
I am so with you on this one. It is mean to think that all the folks out there are at the same level of memory skills as the very YOUNG (and anal) creators of this game. This part is diabolical and FYI I tried the focussing on the middle of the thing, no go. what is this about drawing, when the board goes so fast with so many gaps. All the other games except this one have a pass system. I cannot go further with this game, even with the suggestions. For all you who wanted the next ones, they are simpler, with no "simple Simon" that is NOT simple AT ALL. I think they were having a bad day when they created this part of the game. If possible, please remove in the remake. The maze was bad enough by itself.

Go to: