TGT: Syberia ... Wow!!!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

Re:TGT: Syberia ... Wow!!!

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jan 6, 09 5:31 AM
mews wrote:
p.s. It said in the blurb that it may not work for Vista but worked fine for me on Vista

I think that's just a catch-all due to being a few years old.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 6, 09 5:33 AM
I also played both games quite a long time ago. I remember them being quite good.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jan 6, 09 5:57 AM
Syberia & Syberia 2 are excellent adventure games. I can't say the same about Benoit Sokals' later works. His earlier Amerzone is also an excellent game.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 6, 09 6:56 AM
I played Syberia back quite some time ago when we first bought an Xbox, about a year after they came out, as it was one of the few games for it I was interested in. Anyway, LOVED it then, am considering getting it for the PC to play again, Would truly love to see Syberia II here as I missed it and would like to play it out.

Great game!

imm1264
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by imm1264 on Jan 6, 09 7:22 AM
I played a demo of Syberia also and it is AWESOME--so beautiful. I'm going to get it either from , or maybe on CD since it's so large.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jan 6, 09 7:46 AM
Wow, what a treat, I don't think I'll be purchasing it, since I have it already, who knows maybe I will change my mind, two copies can't hurt, and then I wouldn't have to worry about the cd getting busted
Anyway I highly recommend this game! The music and scenery in the game is gorgeous
BFG must have been listening to a few of us
I
THANK YOU!

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jan 6, 09 8:08 AM
I know that most will read the requirements for this game but on a chance...check your computer to be sure if you're not sure. The requirements for Syberia seem to be:
System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:

Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
Pentium II 350 MHz processor
16 MB Direct3D (DirectX 8.1) compatible 3D video card
64 MB RAM
400 MB available space on hard drive
16X CD-ROM drive
DirectX 7 compatible sound card

Recommended System Requirements:

Pentium III 800 MHz processor
32 MB Direct3D (DirectX 8.1) compatible 3D video card
128 MB RAM
24X CD-ROM drive

So...there ya go....just didn't want to see a lot of people complain because they don't have enough slitz (sp?) to run it.

Update: YES VISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry bout that...my cut and paste abilities *^%%

Edited on 01/06/2009 at 8:22:24 AM PST

sandipuppy
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by sandipuppy on Jan 6, 09 8:12 AM
where on your computer do you find if you have all of that stuff?

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Jan 6, 09 8:13 AM
No Vista?

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 6, 09 8:15 AM
Cyndo123 wrote:No Vista?

No spit.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Jan 6, 09 8:18 AM
Smallhaven wrote:
Cyndo123 wrote:No Vista?

No spit.

Small
I just love your sense of humor!!!!!!!!
giggyann

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Jan 6, 09 8:19 AM
I've played both these and believe me, you will definitely get your money's worth.
I payed much, much more for this series than game club prices, and still think I got my money's worth. It is an absolute beautiful game both graphics and storyline.
There are several spots that are very hard to figure out and a walkthrough is a good thing to have handy, even if you don't want to use it till you get stuck.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 6, 09 8:31 AM
AlmostSilver wrote:Update: YES VISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry bout that...my cut and paste abilities *^%%

Far out! Thanks for letting me/us know.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Jan 6, 09 8:32 AM
I wonder why IWin can offer a free trial but BFG doesn't. I tend to get stuck in adventure games so I really hesitate to buy one without even doing a demo. Also often in an adventure game, I find myself wandering around from one scene to another with no idea what I should be doing. I wish I was good at them but I'm just not. If only they came with good hints or some way to progress when stumped.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Jan 6, 09 9:14 AM
Smallhaven wrote:
AlmostSilver wrote:Update: YES VISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry bout that...my cut and paste abilities *^%%

Far out! Thanks for letting me/us know.

LOL I knew you would see this Small and bang topside she swims!
Thanks for the update Almost!

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jan 6, 09 9:15 AM
I'm with you, slm1948. If I knew what I was doing half of the time, it wouldn't be so bad. I have ND Carousel and can't get far. But, I don't like "guess what you need to do next" games. I would try the trial at iwin but everytime I do, I get a virus. We'll just have to find something else to play.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Jan 6, 09 9:17 AM
so glad this takes vista. thanks for the update here.

whogirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by whogirl on Jan 6, 09 9:35 AM
I'm really liking Syberia so far, but I can't figure out how to use the things I pick up, like the cogs that the boy, Momo, had. I did the key, but that was a fluke that I got to use it. Can anyone help a lone anemone?

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Jan 6, 09 10:13 AM
whogirl wrote:I'm really liking Syberia so far, but I can't figure out how to use the things I pick up, like the cogs that the boy, Momo, had. I did the key, but that was a fluke that I got to use it. Can anyone help a lone anemone?

Go to your messages on the right, I have help posted with you there.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jan 6, 09 10:18 AM
whogirl wrote:I'm really liking Syberia so far, but I can't figure out how to use the things I pick up, like the cogs that the boy, Momo, had. I did the key, but that was a fluke that I got to use it. Can anyone help a lone anemone?

When you right-click, your inventory panel will open up. Items (such as keys, cogs, ink-bottles) are shown on the first page (things you can only 'use'), clicking on the 'leaflet' button(or right-arrow) at the top below 'Menu' will open up a second panel of 'Documents' (items you can 'look at' as well as 'use').

Click on an item to 'hold' it, and when you leave the inventory screen (right-click again) you'll see the item in a box in the lower left of the screen. That means you'll attempt to 'use' the item when you click on 'interaction points'.

To stop 'holding' an item, just open and close the inventory panel (right-click twice).

Edited on 01/06/2009 at 11:02:25 AM PST

Go to: