and the new/wonderful Pioneer Lands

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 7:34:35 AM PST

andyy119
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Reviews for Build-a-lot: On Vacation

[Post New]by andyy119 on Sep 8, 11 9:29 AM
Im a big fan of build a lot style games and found this one to be difficult without being annoying, its the 1st one ive took the time to go all the way through and get speedy on every level, i would highly reccomend this game

[Post New]by Godzgirl61 on Sep 8, 11 11:35 AM
I have play all of the BAL games and have enjoyed this game almost as much as the first game. The new twists have added a fun dimension to the game.

I like most all TM games except the Farm Frenzy, Gardenscapes, Farmscapes and most of all the new Fate of the Pharoah (I thought the graphics on this on were awful) you seem to be looking down at ants the whole game. Not fun! I wish I had tried it before I bought it. I have written down some of the other games mentioned here and am going to try them.

Happy Clicking!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Sep 8, 11 5:07 PM
well, i just couldn't see what made this the next great installment in the series... didn't think there was much more to this one than the other BAL games... my favorite is 3, and i will stand by that...

as for the other offerings... i dabbled a bit with hidden world and enjoyed it [very MKFTP/rescue team] and will give haunted domains a try here in a little while... i can say that i liked hidden world more than this one... something a little different would have made this more appetizing, but what can i say? BAL is BAL

so this one's a pass - but still worth a browse for all you builder lovers out there!

yaf1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by yaf1 on Sep 8, 11 7:40 PM
I was extremely disappointed in this game. I have the entire Build-a-lot series and love 1, 2, 3, Elizabethian. I have eraned well over a trillion dollars (in game money) playing them.

First Build-a-lot 4 now Vacation don't keep the total amount earned. Why? This really ruined this game for me. I guess that I'll have to look before I leap at any more games.

petnut55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by petnut55 on Sep 9, 11 1:07 PM
I actually like this one a little better, the others were a lot alike, this one has a few differences that make it seem like something new, lol. I like them all, don't get me wrong, but I do enjoy the changes.

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on Sep 10, 11 2:44 AM
I enjoyed this one more than Elizabethan. I didn't find it too challenging until I got to expert - and liked the variation of the third round.

My fav ever is Virtual City - it's a building game as well, but with transport links. Very long game.

[Post New]by IndraB on Sep 10, 11 6:30 PM
YES! YES! finally a new BAL!
Immediately bought it.

cause I was getting tired of the overload of those horrible grim/ horror like games (I used to love hidden object games but find it hard to find good entertaining ones/ most work with vagueness pfft so simple then you just go to anything dark and bingo found something) ; little shop was one of the best wend downward from there.

Please big fish can't you do something about that?

Edited on 09/10/2011 at 6:42:56 PM PST

[Post New]by codandchips on Sep 11, 11 10:33 AM
I didn't know a new Build-a-Lot was being released, so this was a nice surprise - I love building games (no idea why?). I found this one a lot easier to complete than the other BALs, mostly getting speedy on first attempt, so I did miss the challenging aspect of the previous ones and it was over all too soon but enjoyable all the same.

Bring on the next one...

[Post New]by arthro on Sep 11, 11 2:22 PM
I tried the demo but - no cursor! This is becoming increasingly common. Win 7 64 machine, all drivers are up to date. I just won't mess with this problem any more - I just uninstall and don't buy.

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 2:23:12 PM PST

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Sep 11, 11 3:57 PM
I agree with the person about the grim horror stuff. I hate that stuff. I hate stuff about the occult!!!. Now about bal. I really like this one for two reasons. You don't have to have plans drawn up for new buildings and you don't have to pay taxes!! I hated those two features on the other build a lot games. I like the opportunity to get building materials by deforesting too. This one really suits my taste better than the others. I love all the BAL games though. They are some of my favorites.

[Post New]by bronzekitten29 on Sep 11, 11 11:01 PM
I have all the build-a-lot games and this one i am finding is fun, and a little easier, I also like how you have to really think about the strategy that you are going to use to finish the higher levels. I got through the first 9 levels while doing the trial, and I didn't want to stop playing my level. I am finding that more strategy is needed on level 19. I am still working on it.

marbleann1
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by marbleann1 on Sep 12, 11 10:13 PM
Kukikat wrote:I do not favor TM games. My idea of playing is to relax, not to run around like a headless chicken trying to meet time deadlines in a game.

I love TM games but like you I hate the aspect of deadlines. And I do not like the ones you have to drag people in to spaces. Or games that do not let you move on or get a upgrade you need unless you get expert. I thought they were called casual games for a reason.lol
There are few that I like. TM games you actually play on the relaxed mode and relax or are very forgiving. One is a very old game named Profitville. It is about saving some old town and you have to ship boxes from the stores that are closing down. It is essentially a packing game but I love it if I just need to pass the time or have something on my mind. I have windows 7 and it works fine.

Another game is called Build in Time. There is a child's mode but even the other mode is very forgiving. the game is about People buy homes and you building the houses on plots of land and trying to have them match with color, garage,type of house or backyard things like pools and gyms. You start off in 1950 and it goes all the way to 2007. You are able to get lots and lots of upgrades. It is absolutely one of my favorite games and I wonder why they never came out with another one.

The last one is a newer game called Hobby Farm. It is a farm game but you can play on the relax mode after a few levels. It is about a husband and wife who buy this farm on a island. Well he is as lazy as it gets but she does most of the work with the help of farm animals. I cannot imagine how hard this game is without the relax mode when you start getting to the higher levels. Check those three out if you are like with me about TM games. Some of them I swear are just made for people under 30 if that old.

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Sep 20, 11 2:47 PM
I love the build a lot series and this one is no different. On level 10 of expert and do not want it to end.

For those who are stuck it often helps if you build the most expensive house you can at first and then sell it to provide funds.

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Sep 24, 11 7:32 PM
I played the demo for this BAL and I have to say this is no where near the wonderful standards of Royal Envoy, Timebuilders, or Roads of Rome. I have tried the BAL series before, and just have not been impressed. I tend to stare at the screen while rent collects to meet the monetary goal. It's really a boring building TM game. This game is a no buy for me.

If you like the BAL series then this might be a good game for you. Meanwhile, I'll still wait for Roads of Rome 3!

Happy Gaming, Fishes!

Edited on 09/25/2011 at 11:14:07 AM PST

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Oct 20, 11 4:19 AM
I love the BAL series. I bought this one without even doing the trial and it did not disappoint me.

Bring it on!

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Feb 15, 12 10:45 AM
Kukikat wrote:I do not favor TM games. My idea of playing is to relax, not to run around like a headless chicken trying to meet time deadlines in a game.

I totally agree I have never bought one of the BAL games as they do not have the relaxed option as many games do now, when are the developers going to realise that there are many people who will not buy their games because of this me included

Go to: