bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bumblebea on Sep 8, 11 12:59 PM
nwr1948x wrote:I love ERS games,but for me,this one like all the others wont play without sticking and freezing.This one froze after 5mins of play,and I had to switch off from the console. I was able to finish the trial period after I restarted it. I have a new computer and windows 7 , I had trouble getting started but then Big Fishsent me a screen that allows them to download their games. I.. accept any game I download and have been having better luck .There are still glitches but hopefully before the SE comes out they will be addressed.

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 1:14:53 PM PST

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by netnanna on Sep 8, 11 1:37 PM
Download speed is governed by how many other people are on-line in your area, try downloading when most businesses are closed and schoolchildren are in bed.
Downloaded in Safe Mode, no problem with speed. Re-booted, game won't launch from desktop icon or from Game manager. Off to the techies AGAIN!!

time4t
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by time4t on Sep 8, 11 1:50 PM
Downloaded normal time, but when clicked play did nothing except it caused a previously purchased game to deactivate. Tried this twice. Weird!

[Post New]by nosmo99_us on Sep 8, 11 2:08 PM
Same problem with this one as all ERS games...it freezes and words become unreadable

[Post New]by Henina on Sep 8, 11 2:33 PM
Bought the game, no trial first. But it crashes everytime almost at the beginning. The scene after the horseman inn, toward some tower maybe... It just goes black and I get a message telling me it's stopped working

Kanithia
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Kanithia on Sep 8, 11 3:45 PM
This looks a good game and one I would probably buy however it keeps freezing. I have had a few games that did this occasionally, but this game does it every time I change screens! Sorry, BFG, this one is a no buy for me.

devil97
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by devil97 on Sep 8, 11 3:46 PM
I have the same glitch that was reported by another user. I am upstairs in the tower and no hidden object scene. I have the items from the shield but no sparkles for the hidden object scene. I can't move forward in the game at this point....

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on Sep 8, 11 7:42 PM
Why is it that I usually only have issues with the ERS games? I loved the Puppet series, but on the last one I had a constipated game!!!!! It is so frustating!!!!! Looks like a good game, but a no brainer for me!!!! Wish they would tell us ahead of time , I wouldn't waste my time downloading an ERS game!!!!! Poot!

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 8, 11 10:34 PM
He's back. Does everyone recognize our little monster from another story? He is still as mean as ever.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 9, 11 12:37 AM
Henina wrote:Bought the game, no trial first. But it crashes everytime almost at the beginning. The scene after the horseman inn, toward some tower maybe... It just goes black and I get a message telling me it's stopped working

I am always amazed when I hear that peeps don`t demo a game first. Just because it`s from a developer you didn`t have trouble with previously, doesn´t mean a later game of theirs has no problems either.

johnsharon wrote:Why is it that I usually only have issues with the ERS games? I loved the Puppet series, but on the last one I had a constipated game!!!!! It is so frustating!!!!! Looks like a good game, but a no brainer for me!!!! Wish they would tell us ahead of time , I wouldn't waste my time downloading an ERS game!!!!! Poot!

I never had any issues with any of the ERS games, except the last one: "Redemption Cemetery: Children`s Plight". I played the trial version just fine, and when I bought the game, instead of installing, I got the dreaded blue screen of death. I still don`t know why that happened, but there you go.

I think that ERS aren`t taking enough time and care anymore with their games. They come out too quickly, like a car on the assembly line. And that`s why the last game was so full of glitches.

I played the trial of this game for a full hour, and didn`t have any problems. Am a little apprehensive about getting the full version though, considering what happened last time I bought the full version...

bpurdum2 wrote:He's back. Does everyone recognize our little monster from another story? He is still as mean as ever.

And this "comment" belongs in the "Technical Issues" thread because...?

Edited on 09/09/2011 at 12:41:33 AM PST

[Post New]by bigginaf on Sep 9, 11 3:53 AM
I keep having issues with this game. It seems like every time I go to another location within the game I always get booted out of the game and have to restart it. I have uninstalled the game and restarted it, but with no success. Please help.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 9, 11 9:30 AM
Another glitch. I only have 23 Crystals and I need 24 to finish. I have backtracked to see where I missed one. The only place I remember that I didn't get one that the guide said I should get one is in the chest upstairs by the ladder to the demon's den. Now I cannot finish the game and I don't know if I want to restart the game a 3rd time. This is ridiculous to have these expensive games come out with these problems. This seems to happen all the time. Maybe it's because they put one out about every other day.

[Post New]by playtillidrop on Sep 9, 11 10:47 AM
I also have a glitch, I cannot find the attic scene anymore. Anyone else have this problem?

giam1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by giam1 on Sep 9, 11 12:25 PM
my stadegy guide wont open for me...........urrrrrr.........

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Sep 9, 11 3:38 PM
Having same problem as nwr1948x.The recent games from ERS have frozen on me from early on in game and I love their games Great graphics. I have had to use crl/alt/del to come out of the games and sometimes it didn't work and had to shut the computer down.I wasn't able to play Queen Of Spades neither CE nor SE as the screen kept freezing.I won't buy until I know that games work properly.I don't like the new GM.downloading now takes forever. Any suggestions?

jessmom01
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jessmom01 on Sep 9, 11 7:29 PM
je_peche wrote:Hey Gang - GAME WILL NOT OPEN. DLed and installed, says "activated" on Game Manager but hitting "play" does nothing, trying to open from desktop icon does nothing. Am not running any other games or applications. Help?

Same problem here, and this isn't the first time this has happened. i'm getting so blasted frustrated with this kind of stuff, i can hardly stand it anymore. NEVER had any problems until the past few months, now it's continuous frustration. Had another game just before i tried this one tell me the trial was ended as soon as it dl'd, & i'd never trialed or even seen the game before today. (insert numerous expletives here )

Ktallia
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Ktallia on Sep 9, 11 8:09 PM
The only problem I've had with this game, is that every time I click on the Goblin my laptop freezes up and I have to reboot.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Sep 10, 11 11:42 PM
FYI - Game freeze, crashing, black screens, game won't load, etc, etc -most always will be the result of insufficient memory and/or an inadequate graphic card. No other way around it. It's not the game, the developer, or BFG. Lack of memory and/or the inability for the computer's graphics card to process the game's graphics are the culprits here.

redw00d
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by redw00d on Sep 11, 11 12:58 PM
Access violation on initial launch of the game -- this is a programming error - there should be a graceful error message - which then resets the BFG Game Manager clock.

I've not seen a consistent pattern to these access violation errors, but they happen across developers and not just constrained to a single quick&dirty shop, sadly.

Since it takes a long time to download the game (btw this is an easy problem to solve on the server side),onto my net appliance, there's a crap shoot if the BFG game of the day will even launch for my low end laptop. I keep asking for a page where certain configurations that were tested by BFG are posted, so I can bypass downloading a game that expects a higher configuration, particularly the display the game is coded for.

So then to just have the game crash without even seeing if it hits the display problem. Annoying. Yogurt commercial inverse annoying!

There is a great market space for competitors opening up here -- can't BFG brand be tied to not only games without malware but also that it tests for canonic configurations?

Marketing department?? LISTENING?

Misty36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Misty36 on Sep 11, 11 7:39 PM
K, I am missing the piece of coal I need to do the cave. I can't have the instructions without the coal, and there is no where to go back and get any coal. I filled up the fire with the coal and made the tap, but received no extra coal to take along. NOW what do I do?????? Help!!!!

Go to: