shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Review for Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 8, 11 5:10 AM
Some new mini games and some twists on old ones. Hooray!! Thanks ERS!
I am loving the game so far and can't really add to the other good reviews here. Thank you everybody for taking the time.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Sep 8, 11 5:15 AM
Very good game! I was disappointed when the demo came to an end with 16 mins. to spare. The graphics and music were good and so was the gameplay. The ****'s were a little different and so were the minigames. I almost felt like I was stuck a couple of times, but no, I found my way . It was challenging and just all around a good game. I would rate it a 10 out of 10. (Probably the 2nd game ever I have rated a 10.)

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 8, 11 5:23 AM
I beta tested this game and have been waiting for it to be released.

Very well done Adventure HOG. For those experienced players out there,you may want to play in expert mode. If not there will be hand holding complaints. Sparkles lead the way in regular mode.

The voice overs are really good in this except for a little girl that whines until you want to gag her! The graphics and sound track I found very nice.

The story is, once again, a town cursed but the game play makes up for lack of originality there. The hidden object scenes are fun and interactive if not a bit on the easy side. The mini games are original and skippable.

For some reason even after playing the beta and demo I still feel like something is missing or not falling into place. It's a great game but just seems a bit scattered to me. Like I am hopping all over and can't connect the dots.

I will blame this all on a terrible head and chest cold I have right now I can't seem to connect my own dots.

I will be buying this game. It is very well done.

1/2 out of 5.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 8, 11 5:38 AM
This is a great game, the same quality as part 1. I will replay part 1 again and buy this game after that. Thanks for this game, developers

patjoy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,880 Posts

[Post New]by patjoy on Sep 8, 11 5:42 AM
ERS has done it again, this is another winner. Music blends in and doesn't annoy me (haven't shut it off yet, and that is unusual for me). The voices are appropriate and seem to be professional & not just someone the devs pulled in off the street. Beautiful graphics, as always. Love the game so far, the story is a little spooky but isn't nightmareish. This is a buy for me! One question, does anything morph? Love the ERS morphing objects but I haven't seen any yet. Oh, glad to see the dwarf again.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Sep 8, 11 6:17 AM
The review is based on the demo version only.

Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman is the second tale in the "Haunted Legends" series, following Queen of Spades. Not only does it mark the return of the "funny little man" who scurries about town, but it also (alas) marks the return of ERS's favorite storyline: another village/town where folk are disappearing and a legend is reappearing to punish the wicked (sigh) and the son/daughter of someone must be found.

The graphics are lush, the sound track befitting the atmosphere, the puzzles are on the easy side and gameplay very straight forward, even in expert mode. The voiceovers for the children, once again, are irritating. Playing in expert mode, with no hints and no strategy guide, I finished the demo version with 12 minutes to spare.

This game is sure to delight the many ERS fans out there as it's got everything that's usually found in their games.

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 11:34:40 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 8, 11 6:41 AM
RenaissanceMom wrote:
care___916 wrote:ERS must I say more lol.
Believe it or not, not everyone is an ERS fan.
I really like some of their games a lot, but found the most recent 5 or 6 to be major disappointments. Their work sure is pretty but all from the same cookie-cutter mold. Money makers yes, but where's the soul?

I'll demo this but won't expect much different. Unfortunately.

I agree, RenaissanceMom.....ERS games recently seem to look pretty but formulaic.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 8, 11 6:49 AM
jkuci wrote:
RenaissanceMom wrote:
I really like some of their games a lot, but found the most recent 5 or 6 to be major disappointments. Their work sure is pretty but all from the same cookie-cutter mold. Money makers yes, but where's the soul?

I agree, RenaissanceMom.....ERS games recently seem to look pretty but formulaic.
I agree with you both. That's why I can't decide to buy this game. I bought every CE's. I think I wait on somebody how finished the game. This is the first time I wil do that.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 8, 11 7:43 AM
as every games they make:
very good graphics,very much places to go,;story seems familiar:poor souls in distress to be saved
the technical parts are perfect,as every time
the story not so magical as the first one;the game is on easy side and is short(3 hours without bonus level,i find that short for the price)
i found the legend of queen of spade was more difficult and longer(but it was from a novel,so perhaps the story was more valuable)
the devs seem to "purr" on the success
too many games a year?
for the music:help them!the music is the same game after game!for there is voices actors in these game i don't shut off the sound,and music make me a bit nervous:repetitive!

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 7:47:44 AM PST

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Sep 8, 11 8:02 AM
A small town lies devastated after being ravaged by a terrible flood.

Hey, is this New Jersey?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 8, 11 8:04 AM
Thanks Edmee, I was afraid that it's short. No buy for me this time. I wait for the SE.

You said exactly what I thought.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Sep 8, 11 8:12 AM
Very good game. Enjoyed the Queen of Spades and this one looks like a buy. Short on game credits right now.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Sep 8, 11 8:37 AM
Thank you developers for listening and putting the "collectibles" count right there on the toolbar where you can see them. Although they don't morph (kinda of disappointing) at least you know how many (total) and how many found so far. Being that the count is on the toolbar, it helps me to remember to look for them-especially if I am away from the game for a day.

As everyone else pointed out the graphics, music, puzzles, HOS, etc. are well done. I am a little unhappy that the SG doesn't show the total number of chapters there are in a game. Devs, can't you include this in the SG without putting in all of the pages for the demo (like gray out the rest of the chapters?) That way we can at least see how many chapters there are.

I haven't played the entire demo so I am not sure if a map will eventually turn up or if one is needed. I find a map very helpful as my CRS is getting worse. It really gets frustrating when you know where an item belongs but can't remember where the location is and find yourself wandering around in a daze trying to find it.

I do want to purchase this one but not sure if I can this month. Definitely will buy it but not sure if I will purchase it as a CE or SE. Depends on finances.

A side note to BFG: Wish you would offer more Sat & Sun specials for Collector's Editions but how about on the first or middle of month (rather than the last day of the month) so those that receive checks at those time periods are able to purchase them. I don't know about anyone else, but the first of the month would work better for me.

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 8:38:44 AM PST

julie421
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by julie421 on Sep 8, 11 8:41 AM
Where is the bonus game ?

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 8, 11 8:42 AM
I bought this game without demo'ing it thinking its an ERS game so it must be good. But either I am getting pickier in my old age or the quality of the ERS games has gone down hill lately. I think the grapics are faded and washed out looking and there are too many HOG scenes for my taste and not enough interaction. Queen of Spades was a much better game IMO. The music is very annoying also, too repetitive.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 8, 11 8:50 AM
julie421 wrote:Where is the bonus game ?

You can find the bonusgame in the main menue under "extras" (but you can`t click on extras till you bought the game).

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 8, 11 8:55 AM
edmee1947 wrote:as every games they make:
very good graphics,very much places to go,;story seems familiar:poor souls in distress to be saved
the technical parts are perfect,as every time
the story not so magical as the first one;the game is on easy side and is short(3 hours without bonus level,i find that short for the price)
i found the legend of queen of spade was more difficult and longer(but it was from a novel,so perhaps the story was more valuable)
the devs seem to "purr" on the success
too many games a year?
for the music:help them!the music is the same game after game!for there is voices actors in these game i don't shut off the sound,and music make me a bit nervous:repetitive!

wow..thanks for the info on the length.......i was just about to waste a few credits...ers is making them shorter and shorter...what are they doing,,taking lessons from the devs of dream chronicles,

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Sep 8, 11 9:20 AM
RenaissanceMom wrote:

=) Haunted Legends: The queen of spades is one of the ones I felt the most disappointed by to be honest. Thanks RenaissanceMom for reminding people not everyone is an ERS fan. Just because they make beautiful graphics doesn't mean everyone loves their games.

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Sep 8, 11 9:28 AM
hannibal884 wrote:Still waiting to play, 2 hours and still downloading GRRRRRH !!

I ran into this with a few other games and someone said I should cancel the download and start again from the website. It worked for me so I hope it will work for you.
Bessie Mae

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 8, 11 9:42 AM
Another GREAT ERS game Graphics great ,storyline good 8 chapters plus bonus 5 to 6 hour length I would say I was playing for almost 3 hours and only collected a certein amount of things you have to collect so thats where I am judgeing the length by the hog scenes are good puzzles have not been to hard I haven't had to skip any yet did use SG once couln't figure out one part for the life of me then when looked at SG I thought to myself how easy that was LOL IMO its a BUY!!!!!

Go to: