angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

Re:Reviews for Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by angelfishp on Sep 11, 11 6:07 AM
I agree with all the wonderful reviews. I really thought the graphics were not as clear as I would like them to be. The story just grabbed me right away. I will be purchasing this one.

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 11, 11 6:16 AM
Blackie61958 wrote:
SusanBStephens wrote:Why so many CE's here lately?

More game play for the

Play now for $13.99, or wait for 2-3 months & pay $6.99 & wonder what you missed

Some of us want more for the money / Some of us don't!!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 11, 11 6:30 AM
I had the same problem with the $ in the hidden object scenes. I couldn't come straight down with my cursor. I had to come in from the right side and slowly sneak up on it.

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 6:31:51 AM PST

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Sep 11, 11 6:33 AM
[quote=bratzgram
I never miss the Bonus play. Who needs to pay another $7.00 for that extra 30 to 40 minutes?

Piggy-backing on your thought, bratzgram, usually by the time I get to the Bonus play, I'm pretty much bored with the whole game. I can easily forgo the CE, re-play some old favorites, or get into trouble elsewhere. I wish there were more frequent SE games, then I could use some coupons/codes/whatevers more often. If this trend keeps up, I'll have to try playing TM games, at which I'm really, really, really bad.

Or even if the SE's came out sooner, that would be good - for me, at least. But, according to the reviews, this looks like a really good game, sigh. Maybe tomorrow the SE of this game will come out (spoken in jest, of course).

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Sep 11, 11 6:48 AM
I really wanted to like this game, I really did....but I find all the Vast Studio Games, I have to play in windowed mode, which I hate.....does anyone know how to adjust the resolution so that I can play it in full screen? I have tried every resolution but still not working.....I won't pay 14.99 for a game I have to play in windowed mode.....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 11, 11 6:52 AM
Blackie61958 wrote:Play now for $13.99, or wait for 2-3 months & pay $6.99 & wonder what you missed

2-3 months? Where did you get that timeline from? It`s usually a month, sometimes even less (as with ERS` "Children`s Plight") until the SE comes out.

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Sep 11, 11 6:54 AM
I really thought this was a really good game, but in MHO I feel it was not worth the price of the CE. This one was one of the shortest I played. Only lasted 3 1/3 hrs. It was a very very good game tho, just wish it would have been longer.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Sep 11, 11 7:09 AM
Pickles77 wrote:I really wanted to like this game, I really did....but I find all the Vast Studio Games, I have to play in windowed mode, which I hate.....does anyone know how to adjust the resolution so that I can play it in full screen? I have tried every resolution but still not working.....I won't pay 14.99 for a game I have to play in windowed mode.....

I'm having the same problem with this game as well as the Haunted Legends game. Most developers are now offering screen resolution choices in the Options section or automatic adjustments.

I refuse to play a game in the Windows 800x600 mode which all this and Haunted Legends games offer as a substitute. If anyone can offer a solution to this problem, please let us know. I tried several screen resolution settings on my computer and none of them helped. I have a 19" wide-screen monitor.

Faylyn

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Sep 11, 11 7:23 AM
Faylyn wrote:
Pickles77 wrote:I really wanted to like this game, I really did....but I find all the Vast Studio Games, I have to play in windowed mode, which I hate.....does anyone know how to adjust the resolution so that I can play it in full screen? I have tried every resolution but still not working.....I won't pay 14.99 for a game I have to play in windowed mode.....

I'm having the same problem with this game as well as the Haunted Legends game. Most developers are now offering screen resolution choices in the Options section or automatic adjustments.

I refuse to play a game in the Windows 800x600 mode which all this and Haunted Legends games offer as a substitute. If anyone can offer a solution to this problem, please let us know. I tried several screen resolution settings on my computer and none of them helped. I have a 19" wide-screen monitor.

Faylyn

Try contacting Customer Support (green envelope in the right column) and they will fix you up!

OAPPAT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by OAPPAT on Sep 11, 11 7:57 AM
DONT BUY THIS GAME - FAR TOO SHORT - NOT WORTH THE MONEY

VERY DISAPPOINTED BF - IT TOOK JUST OVER TWO HOURS

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Sep 11, 11 8:00 AM
OAPPAT wrote:DONT BUY THIS GAME - FAR TOO SHORT - NOT WORTH THE MONEY

This is why I read the last reviews first!! Thank you! I will wait for SE now!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Sep 11, 11 8:13 AM

I know you are disappointed....But Why Are You screaming ???when you type in all caps it means your "screaming"
Letting you know in case you didn't intend to yell

Happy Gaming
PEN

I pay $$ more to see a good movie..but I do not won the movie even a movie CD is more $$$ for say 110 --120 min.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Sep 11, 11 8:18 AM
Am I the only one who didn't like this game? It seemed to jump all over the place with no rhyme or reason with some H0 scenes tossed in but no real story line to it.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 11, 11 8:32 AM
Great game. So much better than "Bronze Horseman" IMO. There's more interaction and puzzles and less H0 scenes. It's more fun!! A few "startle" moments which I like. I am much more inclined to pay CE prices for a game such as this one. I take my time so hopefully if it is short, it won't be too short for me. LOL.
Love the sounds of the rain.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 11, 11 8:44 AM

That's your opion. I finished the game in 5 hours and I did't play the bonus yet. I find this game worth the money.

And you don't need to yell.

KMarso
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by KMarso on Sep 11, 11 8:50 AM
Great game!! Story had me hooked at the opening scene! I absolutely love the sneak peek option in the start menu so we can see what game our favorite devs are working on next! Great idea!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 11, 11 9:03 AM
schobey wrote:I really thought this was a really good game, but in MHO I feel it was not worth the price of the CE. This one was one of the shortest I played. Only lasted 3 1/3 hrs. It was a very very good game tho, just wish it would have been longer.

I agree - great game, but I did think it would last longer.

janetwhat
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by janetwhat on Sep 11, 11 9:41 AM
I have played too many games. I am tired of going through 5 or 6 steps to find a half used tube of glue hidden under a floor board. I am also tired of finding a screwdriver in a back pack with??? - you guessed it - a broken zipper. Why on earth would I find one there instead of the gas station?

I am tired of the color palette. Not much into stories in games and this is probably an example of why that is. Story? Not a page turner.

Checked the guide and I got through page 12 of 56 in 39 minutes. Did not skip anything and actually did spend quite some time looking for some hog items.

It's only a game, yes I know but the logic part of my brain is starting to grumble. Probably just too many games that look the same, sound the same, smell the same and taste the same. This is sad because I am now looking forward to doing housework of some sort so I feel like I am at least accomplishing something.

Will revisit the SE and maybe buy it then.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Sep 11, 11 9:49 AM
A good enough game. Nice storyline, interesting scenery, perfectly OK voiceovers. I just found it a little... cliched (I know, right, what HOG isn't?!). The puzzles were, IMO, a bit pants, a bit unoriginal. I got as far as the church in my hour, and need to get in.

Yes, I quite liked it, and will probably buy when it comes out as an SE. As a CE though, I don't think it's special - read interesting/original/exciting - enough for me.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 11, 11 10:22 AM

I liked it and played the whole hour demo but I can wait for the SE to emerge. I will buy it, then.

It was fun but the inventory items seemed to present themselves in ways that defied common sense. For instance, why would I go down into a well if I didn't know what I was looking for would be there? I know, its a game.....and I will just roll with it... ..just saying....

I enjoyed it and I will buy it as an SE.

Go to: