[Post New]by redspyder on Sep 14, 11 9:29 AM
Wooooo hooooooooo! A new RPG on !!! SOLD! *happy dance*

DannielSquall
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Reviews for Vagrant Hearts

[Post New]by DannielSquall on Sep 14, 11 10:56 AM
The Witch and the warrior was a boring and annoying game, it was too childish and the story was nothing awesome, like some players said here, I wouldn't recommend playing, but that's not the matter now.

I played this game when was released by warfare studios and I must say that it has an great storyline, the beauty of warfare studios games is that they focus a lot in the characters backgrounds and the story backgrouns which lets the game even more exciting to play.

Edited on 09/14/2011 at 10:59:58 AM PST

sandy99265
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sandy99265 on Sep 14, 11 11:38 AM
BFG, I was absolutely THRILLED when you had something to offer besides hidden object!! I've bought (and played) at least 3 of the Aveyond games ... LOVE the role-playing games!! As someone else said, I'm a little disappointed that the bookshelves do not have titles, and I really would have liked a tutorial (despite having played Aveyond) but it didn't take me long to get the hang of this one.

Zipped through the trial period the first day BFG offered it, and HAD to buy it even though I didn't have any game credits The story line is great, and I appreciate the game asking if I want to "save" right before something that might end up killing me. I would like more chests and treasure spots, simply because the gold earned from killing the monsters seems pretty low. I can't seem to earn much $$ and I'm at the Monastery, going back and forth from the Monastery to the Brotherhood to recharge, then back to the Monastery. Oh well, at least the Brotherhood is a free recharge!

Again, thanks BFG, LOVE rpgs!

leilanibz
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Huge disappointment for me...

[Post New]by leilanibz on Sep 14, 11 6:14 PM
I have been checking daily for an RPG. I am sick of hidden object games. Finally one pops up and it's bug ridden.

I have never seen so many typos in my life. The grammar is likewise terrible. My crests also do not seem to work.

I also lost all my equipment when I left the first day. What a miserable and buggy piece of software. Clean it up!

This could be such a cool game, but the software bugs mess it up.

Going to uninstall and reinstall it to see if the crests start working. Otherwise I am going to put in for a refund.

Should be a 10, but is so bug-ridden it is more like a 3.

synthesis1
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by synthesis1 on Sep 14, 11 7:31 PM
leilanibz wrote:
I have never seen so many typos in my life. The grammar is likewise terrible. My crests also do not seem to work.

There are a lot of typos in the game, but if you can set those aside, it actually is a very well-developed story with very well-developed characters--one of the better ones that I've seen recently. I have to say, I'm finding myself very biased toward Scarlett's party and thinking that Beatrice is a naive twit

As for the crests, you actually have to equip those (just like regular equipment) in the crest section of the menu before they actually work. And, just like with regular equipment, you can also unequip them and swap them to different characters, and even leave them for the other party to equip. There's a little bit of stragegy involved with equipping the crests.

leilanibz wrote:I also lost all my equipment when I left the first day.

I experienced this too, and it looks like a fair number of people have also, but so far, that has been the only "major" bug I've come across. Since it was right at the beginning and equipment was cheap, I figured it wasn't too much of a loss

Edited on 09/14/2011 at 7:37:02 PM PST

leilanibz
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by leilanibz on Sep 14, 11 8:02 PM
synthesis1 wrote:
leilanibz wrote:

There are a lot of typos in the game, but if you can set those aside, it actually is a very well-developed story with very well-developed characters--one of the better ones that I've seen recently. I have to say, I'm finding myself very biased toward Scarlett's party and thinking that Beatrice is a naive twit

I spent a number of years as an English editor and those errors really jump out at me and are a distraction. However, I am with you on the Beatrice/Scarlet thing, Beatrice seems to fit the wheel spinning - hamster dead stereotype. :-)

If the game designer is reviewing these posts, I am a beta tester and software developer myself. I would be willing to DONATE my time to beta test and assist with grammar corrections for future releases in exchange for a copy of the final version. Hint hint!

synthesis1 wrote:
As for the crests, you actually have to equip those (just like regular equipment) in the crest section of the menu before they actually work.

I got that, my install was actually bad, which I suspected. A clean download, clean registry, reinstall, and that screen started working for me. That helps. I am less cross now...

synthesis1 wrote:
leilanibz wrote:I also lost all my equipment when I left the first day.

I experienced this too, and it looks like a fair number of people have also, but so far, that has been the only "major" bug I've come across. Since it was right at the beginning and equipment was cheap, I figured it wasn't too much of a loss

I am picking up where I saved to see if the reinstall helps elsewhere. I was annoyed by the loss of equipment because I had carefully searched and found some other goodies that I lost. Grrrr... but given that this is the first RPG in ages, I am trying to make the best of it.

synthesis1
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by synthesis1 on Sep 14, 11 9:45 PM
leilanibz wrote: I spent a number of years as an English editor and those errors really jump out at me and are a distraction.

You definitely are right about that. I realize I make excuses just because I often buy these type of games off other sites. However, if a site like BF is going to offer them, they should require some editing/clean-up. Quality control goes a long way And, just text needing fixed is a lot less complex than technical errors.

DannielSquall
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by DannielSquall on Sep 14, 11 11:41 PM
The party changing is indeed a exciting feature of this game. XD

ceejaye1
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ceejaye1 on Sep 19, 11 1:28 PM
I love the game. I have found a few glitches, like losing your equipment. If you are able to equip the quests could someone please tell me how. I have a lot of them but cannot equip them. Thanks!

[Post New]by hmsnownovelist on Sep 19, 11 2:43 PM
I bought this because it gave me flashbacks to the Aveyond games. I really do prefer RPGs over hidden object any day of the year. Because there are fewer of the RPGs on BF, I try to be charitable. But this one is really getting on my nerves. I agree with leilanibz about the distracting lack of quality control in the text (spelling, grammar, etc.), but I can ignore stuff like that for a good, gripping game experience. The trouble is, I keep trying different strategies with the crests and the characters' roles, but even following the advice of other gamers, I still find some of the monsters/enemies absurdly easy and the others impossibly difficult. For instance, I'm on my seventh or eighth attempt to defeat Vasla, and I've tried several different combinations of crests and attacks-- to no avail. Some of us do need the "Easy, Normal, Hard" settings on these games. Maybe I just don't have enough free time to work through the game mathematically, trying absolutely every combination until I find the one that works...

[Post New]by Huntleyhimnher on Sep 20, 11 11:10 PM
I am loving this game, I was looking for a good RPG to sink my teeth into and only stumbled across this by chance.

Its not perfect but it doesn't distract from the story line and I am enjoying the challenge of the party swapping.

[Post New]by hensler59 on Sep 27, 11 8:27 AM
I Like the story line and have enjoyed the game but I also cannot get my Crests to function. I know that i have to "equip" the crest but it won't even let me scroll down the list and I have a lot of crests. Should I uninstall/reinstall? Any advice is appreciated. )...............Ok I uninstalled/reinstalled that is not the solution. I think that when i started game I chose easy mode and I think that the Crests are disabled in easy mode..but I cannot figure how to change mode because i downloaded on line thru BigFish Games it keeps my saved game..I tried starting a new game but option is not available it's like once you pick a mode you are stuck with it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanx.

Edited on 09/27/2011 at 11:03:30 AM PST

[Post New]by Huntleyhimnher on Oct 2, 11 1:02 AM
With equipping the crests, you need to use the keyboard to go onto the right side then click enter to equip them, took me ages to work it out.

[Post New]by hensler59 on Oct 4, 11 11:00 AM
Duh!!! Thanks alot Huntley.

Edited on 10/04/2011 at 11:01:47 AM PST

mlogan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mlogan on Oct 20, 11 7:18 PM
I am a huge RPG fan, and was thrilled to see this one here. The one-hour trial seemed intriguing enough so I purchased. I regret that now.

The endless typos aside, this game can get very tiresome. I am all for leveling when necessary, willingly putting in the time to get my characters to the level they need to be as I see fit. I am not enjoying getting stuck in multiple scenarios where you can't get through a room without having to battle the same stupid monsters you just defeated when you crossed through the room 10 seconds earlier while exploring. It is the nature of these games to need to explore areas very well, and though, as others pointed out, you can see the enemies, it is difficult to avoid them because coming half a screen near them will cause them to attack.

I am now stuck in the stupid prison being chased by a stupid monster that I just defeated and can't seem to avoid. Very very frustrating. I don't know if I will finish this one or not.

For those of you that are fans of Aveyond and other similar great games, I'd say save your money on this one. I wished I'd had and got Fated Havens which I believe just came out. I've played the trial of this one elsewhere and hope it proves to be much better.

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Nov 20, 11 11:27 PM
Loving this game. I had so much fun playing the demo, that I bought the game so I could keep playing. I like RPGs a lot. This one reminds me of the original Lunar Legends in tone. I liked it better than the Aveyond demo, which is on my "later" list.

The mistranslations are annoying, surely these could be cleaned up.

Please keep this type of game coming, BFG.

Reviews for Vagrant Hearts

[Post New]by thefirstchandra on May 7, 12 8:58 AM

Edited on 05/07/2012 at 12:04:01 PM PST

[Post New]by thefirstchandra on May 7, 12 8:59 AM

Edited on 05/07/2012 at 12:04:59 PM PST

[Post New]by Melonies on Oct 7, 12 7:20 PM
Great Game if you miss old time Final Fantasy Zelda and the like. Very tight inventory skills needed. Crests on appropriate characters and/ or farming and level building at times. Save a few files. A good walk through would help but I blundered through and I am about to face the last boss

Go to: