Re:Post any Farm Frenzy: Viking Heroes technical issues here only

[Post New]by ganogirl805 on Sep 18, 11 11:01 PM
SkyDreams wrote:
gmrgrl25 wrote:I am having major problems with instant crashing on this game. NO warning message, it just auto shuts down. Also the GM does close when I start the game. I uninstalled/resintalled, rebooted my computer and it still bugs out on me-----not very happy right now :-(

Same with me, has anybody received any answers to this?

Me too, sigh. Deleted/reinstalled two or three times already, was only able to get name into game, after that, I hit either game option to start and get kicked out. Burning up my free trial minutes trying to start game. Have not played yet at all.

Don't like GM closing either, geez, if it ain't broke, don't "fix it." Just ADVISE me to close GM to save on space and stop trying to do it for me and messing things up.

Looks like I won't be buying any new games here for now, my other stuff on other sites is working fine... Answers/suggestions please!!!

Thank you.

Another unhappy Fishie -

[Post New]by Snoopy22 on Sep 19, 11 5:14 AM

Hi there,

I am now cant even play any new downloaded games at alll since I downloaded the games.

It is so frustrating.
can anyone help me at all..

ganogirl805 wrote:
SkyDreams wrote:
gmrgrl25 wrote:I am having major problems with instant crashing on this game. NO warning message, it just auto shuts down. Also the GM does close when I start the game. I uninstalled/resintalled, rebooted my computer and it still bugs out on me-----not very happy right now :-(

Same with me, has anybody received any answers to this?

Me too, sigh. Deleted/reinstalled two or three times already, was only able to get name into game, after that, I hit either game option to start and get kicked out. Burning up my free trial minutes trying to start game. Have not played yet at all.

Don't like GM closing either, geez, if it ain't broke, don't "fix it." Just ADVISE me to close GM to save on space and stop trying to do it for me and messing things up.

Looks like I won't be buying any new games here for now, my other stuff on other sites is working fine... Answers/suggestions please!!!

Thank you.

Another unhappy Fishie -

danabie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by danabie on Sep 19, 11 5:51 AM
I too am having issues with the game crashing. I am on a level in the 20's and it works sometimes and crashes others. I have been to the website and done all the recommended fixes. Still an issue. I love these games and am really happy with the new version, when I can play it. PLEASE FIX!!!!

[Post New]by Robin_Amsterdam on Sep 19, 11 7:10 AM
The game's okay in adventure mode but slowwwwwwwwwww in standard... watching paint dry is more exciting. Yes, got gold and record in all levels I've played and that was fun at first but it does take the sport out of it all! Anybody out there who knows how to fix this? Help! Please!

[Post New]by deedlebugs on Sep 19, 11 11:41 AM
qtpi1080 wrote:This game has run fine for a few days and now all of a sudden, it's just crashing. Most of the time it's loading the game or loading into standard mode and it just shuts down. I don't get an error message or anything. All that happens is it stops and then the GM pops up saying "Thank You for Playing."

What should I do?

Same here!

None of the BF games (FF 3 - "6" versions) will stay running after this weekend! GM starts, opens the game, loads the game, starts the game, starts to run then "STOPS" and returns to GM with (Thanks for playing!)

Updated everything possible, Vista, vidio drivers, reinstalled Game Man.

downloaded "FF Viking Heroes" after none of the other games worked to see if a new install would work. No luck!

"Jonesin on the bears, Man... come on!"... lol... please inform! Thank you!

[Post New]by Robin_Amsterdam on Sep 20, 11 8:05 AM
In standard mode the game is slow from goal 1 with me... checked the system requirements and they're fine. Tried every trick in the Game Crash, Freeze or displays blank screen, nothing doing. If I run the game in XP compatibility mode it won't start up at all & I've tried every Aero setting available. Adobe and Shockwave are up to scratch. Video card updated. Don't know what else I can do!

Gammommy65 wrote:
mj8541 wrote:
TheRealDragon wrote:Anyone have the problem of the game running reaalaallly sloooooooowwww?

No option to reduce resolution or whatever, so I spent all my time watching the guy peddle his balloon.

Got gold on everything (since each second takes about three seconds to count off!) but still only made it to level five in an hour--it ran THAT slow!!!

Have you been able to solve this problem for yourself? I made sure my DirectX, video drivers, and everything was up to date, even uninstalled and reinstalled, and no luck yet....stillllllll slooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww.
I think that I have finally figured out the problem and I hope I explain it correctly. The middle box (Goal 1) becomes slow if you don't play the side boxes(20-1) goal 1 on the left or right, first. Its an order thing. I hope this helps.

[Post New]by Bradleysam on Sep 20, 11 11:06 AM
I am having the same exact crashing problems! I have been with BF for years and have never had issues. I've done all of the uninstall/reinstall things and even did a Dr. Felix report. I haven't heard back.

PLEASE BIG FISH GAMES ADDRESS THIS ISSUE FOR US!

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Sep 20, 11 12:12 PM
I'm getting the 'runtime' error also, only started above the 30th level.
going to go back and try the 'side' games, see if that makes a difference.

[Post New]by Mstay33 on Sep 20, 11 5:44 PM
I am having the same exact crashing problems! I have been with BF for years and have never had issues.

[Post New]by Gammommy65 on Sep 21, 11 12:51 PM
Robin_Amsterdam wrote:In standard mode the game is slow from goal 1 with me... checked the system requirements and they're fine. Tried every trick in the Game Crash, Freeze or displays blank screen, nothing doing. If I run the game in XP compatibility mode it won't start up at all & I've tried every Aero setting available. Adobe and Shockwave are up to scratch. Video card updated. Don't know what else I can do!

Gammommy65 wrote:
mj8541 wrote:
TheRealDragon wrote:Anyone have the problem of the game running reaalaallly sloooooooowwww?

No option to reduce resolution or whatever, so I spent all my time watching the guy peddle his balloon.

Got gold on everything (since each second takes about three seconds to count off!) but still only made it to level five in an hour--it ran THAT slow!!!

Have you been able to solve this problem for yourself? I made sure my DirectX, video drivers, and everything was up to date, even uninstalled and reinstalled, and no luck yet....stillllllll slooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww.
I think that I have finally figured out the problem and I hope I explain it correctly. The middle box (Goal 1) becomes slow if you don't play the side boxes(20-1) goal 1 on the left or right, first. Its an order thing. I hope this helps.
------- O.K I thought I had it figured out but now that I am at Goal VII -Level 58 it is slow as a snail. I don't understand this game and I am getting really tired of trying to figure it out.

Dee6583
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Dee6583 on Sep 21, 11 1:19 PM
Last night I had a runtime error just trying to open the game. It deleted everything and put me back to entering my name. 40 something levels lost. I'm not a happy camper. Now I am getting runtime errors on level 34 over and over. I'm playing under the standard mode.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 21, 11 2:11 PM
Mstay33 wrote:I am having the same exact crashing problems! I have been with BF for years and have never had issues.

Hi Mstay33 and others experiencing this issue

With the help of many fishies in this pond, we were able to identify the issue that was causing your games to crash as being related to McAfee Security software. (click for more info)

An update went live yesterday to correct this issue. If your system hasn't automatically updated, you can manually perform this update by clicking "Check for Updates" button at the McAfee-->Home-->Updates tab.

If you've done this and your games are still crashing, please contact Customer Support, and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 09/21/2011 at 2:11:59 PM PST

[Post New]by Robin_Amsterdam on Sep 21, 11 3:30 PM
Adventure mode started of a litlle better, but now I have the same problem....It's getting slower with each level I play. Disapointing! If I ever do find out what it is I'll let you know. For now, I think I'll go find myself another game!

Gammommy65 wrote:
Robin_Amsterdam wrote:In standard mode the game is slow from goal 1 with me... checked the system requirements and they're fine. Tried every trick in the Game Crash, Freeze or displays blank screen, nothing doing. If I run the game in XP compatibility mode it won't start up at all & I've tried every Aero setting available. Adobe and Shockwave are up to scratch. Video card updated. Don't know what else I can do!

Gammommy65 wrote:
mj8541 wrote:

------- O.K I thought I had it figured out but now that I am at Goal VII -Level 58 it is slow as a snail. I don't understand this game and I am getting really tired of trying to figure it out.

[Post New]by Heartbreaker8005 on Sep 22, 11 9:47 AM
Why can't I change Farm Frenzy Viking Heroes to windowed mode? I ALWAYS get the error to change my computer to higher than 1024x768?
I have my monitor set to 1280x800 resolution.
So I exit the game as per error message to restart the game and then it does it still does not work? Someone please help!!

mj8541
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mj8541 on Sep 23, 11 1:49 PM
That's really nice to know...however does not correct my sloooooooooowwwwwneeeeeeessss problem, nor the fact I contacted customer service on the 19th, and HAVE YET to receive anything other than the automated reply to my issue....this little fishie not really happy in her pond right now!

heidiaunt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by heidiaunt on Sep 23, 11 5:30 PM
Bought the game and love it....at level 84 with all gold.....game does not let me progress to level 85....all green checks on the paly standard game.....but can't get game to go to level 86.....need update?

heidiaunt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by heidiaunt on Sep 23, 11 5:34 PM
Bought the game and love it....at level 84 with all gold.....game does not let me progress to level 85....all green checks on the play standard game page, but can't get game to go to level 86.....need update?

[Post New]by 4PRanch on Sep 24, 11 6:09 AM
i am haveing a runtime error and the game crashes. do not have mcafee. have reinstalled to try to help the issue, but no luck!

amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by amminnc on Sep 24, 11 7:00 PM
My game shuts down (not my PC, just the game) and I get an "Error Code 9653ff," instructing me to start over. Sometimes this happens within 5 minutes of starting play, other times 30+ plus later. Doesn't happen with any other games. All components of my PC are up to date.
Anyone having this same problems or getting this same message?

[Post New]by SummerBran on Sep 26, 11 9:57 AM
I had been really enjoying this game - until I got into the 60s on Standard. Then it started running 5x slower - 1 second in the game would take 5 real life seconds. So I switched over to Adventure mode, and that had been going great. Until I got into later levels and the same problem has started again. In fact, it's just the levels. Everything loads quickly, but the levels themselves run very, very slowly. I might have to just quit playing. Pity, because it was fun for a while.

It's so frustrating! Have the developers/BF techs figured out why this could be happening? So far I know that everything is updated and running fine with my computer, video card, etc. I don't run any other programs while playing. Something buggy in the game? It'd be nice to see a response, since the responses from BFG haven't actually addressed this issue at all.

Go to: