nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

Re:Reviews for Urban Legends: The Maze

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Sep 17, 11 4:46 AM
This is a "buy" for me,a(n) SE,with the added attraction of an extra credit.Looks better that a couple of CE's we've had lately

juleslorraine
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by juleslorraine on Sep 17, 11 5:16 AM
25 mins into the demo and I decided to "buy" it. The **** scenes are nice and clear plus the puzzles are fairly pleasant IMO. Superb graphics. I'm excited to get back to the game to see how the rest plays out but have to wait to hear from BFG. I was surprised to see that it wasn't a CE and decided to use a punch card credit, since it was burning a hole in my pocket, but for some reason when I tried to use it, BF took my game club credit instead even though the other is still valid, and no confirmation or asking me if this is what I wanted to do. I'm not happy but have sent a message asking them to use my earned punch card credit instead. So until then, I can't install and get back to it. Hopefully it doesn't take the 72 hours to get a reply.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 17, 11 5:17 AM
Jules, did you apply the code? When you apply they won't take a credit.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 17, 11 5:28 AM
It's hard for me to know where to start with this game. I was very excited when I started but about 30 min. in started to get irritated.

The story is fantastic as are the graphics. For the first time ever I was bothered by the back ground music.

To start with I felt that there was so much going on that I would need paper and pen to keep track of what went where. Then I realized that you have to take it one item at a time. Find an item, remember where it was needed, click four times to get to where you need it. That in turn will give you another item and so on. I guess what irritated me was all the back and forth.
The hidden object scenes were few but very well done although there is no interaction there.
The mini games that I got to play during demo were a bit on the easy side. Even the pipe puzzle which would usually stump me was very easy.

With the hint system in this you may as well have a strategy guide! If you don't know where to go next it tells you very clearly. It also refills extremely quick.

Loved the journal and map. With the map you can click on the area you want to be at and it instantly takes you there. You don't find that often.

All in all I really liked this game. Finally a decent game that's not CE!

Definite buy for me. 1/2 out of 5.

FINISHED!! I was very impressed with this game over all. It was longer than any of the CE's I've done lately. Excellent buy!!

Edited on 10/03/2011 at 3:01:42 PM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 17, 11 5:29 AM
just wanted to say, that elephant games, has quickly surpassed ers as my fave hog dev, thier games are long, non cookie cutter, and fun, and usually a se, they are what ce,s should strive to be

juleslorraine
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by juleslorraine on Sep 17, 11 5:32 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:Jules, did you apply the code? When you apply they won't take a credit.

No I tried to apply it but it never gave me the option to do that before it took the game credit. I have no idea what happened because it's never done that to me before. When I closed the game it brought up that infamous buy page which I hate that BF does. They should let us choose if we want to buy the game without bringing that page up. I never even hit enter or continue and my game credit went to zero.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Sep 17, 11 5:46 AM
I have enjoyed all the Elephant Games I gave played so far & from what I have seem in the demo I am sure to enjoy this one as well.

The demo took me just over 55 minutes & I have only been playing these types of games for about 2 months. The graphics & text were both fine on my laptop, looks to be a good game.

The only negatives I came across was the music, but I tend to turn this right down in options anyway, but as someone else mentioned, it is definitely a bit bizarre. The game was a little laggy in places too, by this I mean the cursor seemed sluggish, first time I have noticed this in a game.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 17, 11 5:48 AM
bella81762 wrote:just wanted to say, that elephant games, has quickly surpassed ers as my fave hog dev, thier games are long, non cookie cutter, and fun, and usually a se, they are what ce,s should strive to be

Totally agree!

robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by robinbucy on Sep 17, 11 5:56 AM
Hi TeamSD!

I am a huge fan of elephant games myself, just curious if by "big," you mean a long game? I'm "goin'in" to download it now! I hope it works on my pc!

I hope so! I just finished yesterday's game-Twisted Lands: Insomniac-and I was very pleased by not only the length, but the game as a whole!

Thank you for your reply, and I hope that I am not being insulting in any way-that is so NOT my intension!

SSPAZ~

PS-Just curious, as a sports nut-well, spaz!, I was wondering if the name you go by stands for team San Diego? As in the Chargers-or Padres????

I've been curious as well, but since I live in South Dakota...

Edited on 09/17/2011 at 5:57:18 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 17, 11 5:59 AM
juleslorraine wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:Jules, did you apply the code? When you apply they won't take a credit.

No I tried to apply it but it never gave me the option to do that before it took the game credit. I have no idea what happened because it's never done that to me before. When I closed the game it brought up that infamous buy page which I hate that BF does. They should let us choose if we want to buy the game without bringing that page up. I never even hit enter or continue and my game credit went to zero.
It's look that they take a credit. But when you apply a code, than you have you credit back.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Sep 17, 11 6:04 AM
Who needs ERS when there's Elephant Games? (joking )
But seriously, this is an excellent game. Good story, crisp graphics, spooky atmosphere and not short. A LOT of gamefun for the regular price. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Okay, I can't choose to get rid of the sparkles but hey... I'm NOT complaining!

Thanks Elephant! You've made one not-so-rich gamer happy this weekend!

CasualGran

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 17, 11 6:04 AM
Happy day, happy day...Finally a good game that isn't a CE, and by the looks of the file size, it should be a long game as well...YIPEE!!
Thanks BF ...have been going through some serious withdrawl, without any new games to play, so you have made my day :-)
Thanks everyone for the great reviews, having a map in this game is wonderful news, I am not a huge fan of running back and forth constantly, so the map for me will make it a lot more enjoyable.
Especially in a maze game, lordy, lordy...I would be lost for days, and never find the contestants ..so big thumbs up Elephant games, for the help .
Well my DL just finished, that was really quick, lets hope if I buy it, the rest will DL that fast, never installed a game with a file this big before, so keeping fins crossed.
Off to play , happy gaming everyone :-)

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 17, 11 6:10 AM
quarlesqueen wrote:Happy day, happy day...Finally a good game that isn't a CE, and by the looks of the file size, it should be a long game as well...YIPEE!!
Thanks BF ...have been going through some serious withdrawl, without any new games to play, so you have made my day :-)
Thanks everyone for the great reviews, having a map in this game is wonderful news, I am not a huge fan of running back and forth constantly, so the map for me will make it a lot more enjoyable.
Especially in a maze game, lordy, lordy...I would be lost for days, and never find the contestants ..so big thumbs up Elephant games, for the help .
Well my DL just finished, that was really quick, lets hope if I buy it, the rest will DL that fast, never installed a game with a file this big before, so keeping fins crossed.
Off to play , happy gaming everyone :-)

just wanted to let you know, i just started the full dl like 5 minutes ago, and am allready over 1/3 of the way there

juleslorraine
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by juleslorraine on Sep 17, 11 6:10 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
juleslorraine wrote:

It's look that they take a credit. But when you apply a code, than you have you credit back.

Nope trust me it says a big fat ZERO. LOL Then when I went back to and tried to do exactly that it said that I had already purchased the game. So I knocked my head on my desk and sent a message to BF. Hopefully it works out because I'm really anxious to go back and play! Thanks for the replies Mike and you have a wonderful day! I'm gonna do laundry and wait to hear back.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Sep 17, 11 6:20 AM
Hi Jules,

I had the same thing happen to me a few days ago. I went to live chat and told them what happened and they gave me a coupon for the credit. Their customer service are the best and will help any way they can. Good luck.

bbelle

[Post New]by beestitcher on Sep 17, 11 6:32 AM
juleslorraine wrote:

I never buy from the game manager. I go back to BF gamesite, use my coupon, and then take the already purchased option on the game manager.

[Post New]by bluebellsonia on Sep 17, 11 6:39 AM
I loved this demo and the music! Yes some of the mini games were a little bit too easy, but the graphics are great and I find the whole maze concept quite creepy. I enjoy having to go back and forth getting various objects, then trying to remember where you have to use them. But the big bonus is that is not a CE game. Hurray!!!!

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Sep 17, 11 6:42 AM
Well, once again I must be the only person who didn't like this game. The graphics were muddled, I couldn't figure out what the story line was -- if there even was one -- and the puzzles were boring.

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 17, 11 6:47 AM
SE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great Game This game reminds me of the movie SAW! i don't know if anyone has every seen any of them there are 5 or 6 movies It is one of those horror films that the first one was great but they should of stopped at one!Any way this game has the same premise the same guy with the mask,the same traps but not all the blood and guts!!! Great Job Elephant Games

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Sep 17, 11 6:54 AM
thanks to all fishies who said there is an interactive map . Definetely will try this out for sure
after MT Raincliff... i couldn't stand to go back and forth

all reviews are extremely helpful in deciding whether i bother to dl or not...

so off to play and probably buy ..you betcha
thanks elephant devs and bf

Go to: