Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Bride technical issues here only

[Post New]by Bluebell54 on Nov 7, 11 12:57 AM
After continually freezing on the slider puzzle game - I decided to change my profile and play as another player. When I got to the game that froze, I just waited until I could SKIP it. Once I did that I was able to continue on into the game. I am now at the boat landing.

micah123
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Bride

[Post New]by micah123 on Nov 17, 11 9:51 PM
Linkar wrote:I can not pull the lever in the hankerchief chapter. The lever is installed and the rust has been removed and no matter where I click nothing happens

also, cannot get blowtorch to burn rope so bag will drop. have started over under new profile. no luck.

amaryken8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by amaryken8 on Dec 5, 11 12:38 AM
I am having the same prob. as many of your players with the hoist/lever...I'm surprised you haven't fixed the problem yet....can you let me know when you do fix it or do I have to keep checking here ?

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Dec 8, 11 9:24 AM
After playing the cabinet puzzle with the three pink blocks and one blue block, and then trying to enter the secret room, an error message keeps appearing saying 'access violation' and the game then shuts down.

I do not want to start again with a new profile because I am near the end of the game.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that works, but has anyone got any other suggestions please?

wager371
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by wager371 on Dec 10, 11 4:52 PM
addedtouchfloral wrote:I can not pull the lever in the hankerchief chapter. The lever is installed and the rusthas been removed and no matter where i click nothing happens. Also the games flickers all the time

Did anyone find an answer to the lever and hankerchief problem?

[Post New]by hikeypikey on Dec 24, 11 4:17 AM
also having the same issues with handkerchief and lever, the mechanism is oiled, lever in.... do I now have the painful task of re installing this whole game in the hopes of it working?

[Post New]by Alaskagirrrl on Jan 3, 12 9:25 PM
I have the same problem as everyone else. I am unable to continue with the game as the lever on the engine will not activate. I've gone over all the different parts of this puzzle. I checked on the handkerchief, checked the elevator, checked the notes on the floor, put the lever in place, and used the oil. The lever will not activate. This is not a matter of the screen freezing. I am still able to activate the notes on the floor. If the program was frozen I would not be able to leave the engine window let alone activate other parts of the puzzle. This is programming. Poor programming. Not a happy Fishey.
Will be sending this on to the Techs.

[Post New]by Alaskagirrrl on Jan 5, 12 4:20 PM
I downloaded my version that is stuck on the engine in late December of 2011 and the gliches have not been fixed.

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Jan 7, 12 7:45 PM
I got the hankercheif just fine not a problem..but when the guy appears..it froze he doesn't speak the scene doesn't change nothing...I have to shut the computer down to close the game.

kittyfish51
Marlin
Marlin
8,439 Posts

[Post New]by kittyfish51 on Jan 15, 12 12:17 AM
I too had a freeze on the slide puzzle on the gravestone (on the trail version). I had to close all down and restart. When restarted it went right to the same spot and was still frozen. The next time I restarted I created a new player name and played from the start to the puzzle then let the skip button fill up. Once filled I hit it and by passed the puzzle and went on my way. I think I will wait awahil to buy this one. I have purchases the Frog Prince and Snow Queen and love both!!!

sandybottom
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by sandybottom on Jan 15, 12 6:00 AM
Purchased game after September "fix" but I, too, encountered the lever not working. I restarted game using different profile name and was able to pull lever and move on. I'm now at the sign post outside the stable where the reset button will not work on the green tube game. I guess I will uninstall this game from my game manager so I won't be tempted to replay at a later date and move on to another game.

[Post New]by witchonthehill on Jan 15, 12 9:39 PM
This game does not work right and re installed more than once and it still does not work. Can we get our money back or a credit??

[Post New]by benny_92 on Jan 18, 12 4:56 PM
The game plays great for me and I haven't been having any of the freezing problems others have been having (trust me, not gloating). However, the problem I AM having is that each time I go back to play (sometimes a day later, sometimes much longer), I get an error message right after it loads. The error message is "Your save data is corrupted and will be deleted." I had gotten pretty far each time, so this was bad news. One silver lining was that since I had had to start over so many times, my speed was amazing on the scenes I had already gone through before.
I uninstalled and re-installed and that did not fix the corrupted data message. If I only had this one game, I could just start it and leave it open when I want to do other things on the computer, but that really isn't an option. I guess I could play it from start to finish so I don't lose my place, but I have no idea how much time I would have to set aside to accomplish it.
Anyone else having this problem? Went to the tech support area and it said I should be an administrator on my computer, but I have been all along.
Needless to say, frustrating.

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Jan 21, 12 1:03 PM
I get the part where you are supposed to get a jar of termites, a minigame. Game freezes up and never returns. There are also no X boxes for me to close the minigame or a SKIP. Thanks

[Post New]by sknighten on Jan 21, 12 4:59 PM
Installed full version today and when I tried to exit the game it completely froze up. Had to open task manager to get the game shut down.
Guess I will see later if my game progress was saved.

[Post New]by beholder1 on Jan 24, 12 4:45 AM
I've also got problems with the oilcan and lever being added and then it removes the rust then nothing no change to scene. It's as if the oilcan wasn't there.no freeze just not continuation of action. Do I reinstall or just try replaying from scratch?

[Post New]by pooch1969 on Jan 25, 12 1:26 PM
I can not get the machete in Chapter 2 to cut the crime scene tape. That is my next step and if I click hint it states to cut the crime tape with the machete. I have uninstalled and reinstalled no help.

[Post New]by ronniefaye on Jan 28, 12 9:51 AM
Having problems with the clock hands in the bedroom. It reads 3/2 hands and they will not go on the clock. Has anyone found a solution. I have reinstalled the game 3 times and it still will not work. i don't want to create a new profile and start from the beginning.

[Post New]by legaljoyce on Jan 28, 12 7:17 PM
Mixed colors correctly in the father's lab and cannot get the key. Any suggestions? I really do not want to start all over again. Help would be appreciated.

skyepearl
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by skyepearl on Feb 5, 12 10:55 AM
I, too, had the well-vial issue just today 2/5/12. Obviously this has not been fixed as I purchased & installed mid November, after the September "fix". I didn't realize there was a known problem with this puzzle. On my first attempt to understand the puzzle by fiddling with it I didn't solve it but did put all the colored balls into the vials, I tried to reset the puzzle using the reset button for another try. The reset button does not work. I tried then to quit the game to check the forums on this matter & the game froze on the menu. Ctrl-Alt-Del was the only way to quit. I had to skip the puzzle which resulted in another freeze. Re-entering the game, the puzzle was skipped & I can move on, however, I'm very disappointed as I prefer the puzzles/adventure portions of these games to the HOS. Now I've read there are other puzzles which trigger known issues....some of which I have already passed successfully, others yet to come. I did trial the game before purchase & didn't have any issues, hence the purchase. Haven't had any other issues with games on this fairly new Win7 laptop. I will be contacting CS.

(edit for spelling)

Edited on 02/05/2012 at 10:57:14 AM PST

Go to: