Re:Welcome to Liong: The Lost Amulets forum

[Post New]by nurs4kdz on Jan 25, 09 9:14 AM
nykelli1843 wrote:Guess i'm the odd one out here and think it's boring after 2 levels!

I've got to agree with you, nykelli. It's a simplified HOG and then either tile matching or mahjong or easy puzzles. The mahjong is not even real mahjong; very little strategy required. My seven year old could easily do this puzzle. I'm just not impressed; wish I had used my credit elsewhere.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Jan 25, 09 11:09 AM
Didn't you demo it first?

Gatorau
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Gatorau on Jan 26, 09 10:38 PM
I have been umming and ahhing about whether to get this. I have used up all my demo time and quite liked it but it's out of my usual genre. I thought I'd come back to the community to see what the comments were. I'm buying it. Here we go!

[Post New]by cranberry4 on Jan 27, 09 12:02 AM
Love this game !!
One problem...I completed all the amulets then exited the game. I ran a program called ATF cleaner that cleans windows temp files, user temp files, cookies, and java cache. This also resulted in wiping out all scores and player names so when I went back to play the bonuses, it was blank.

[Post New]by tatami23 on Jan 28, 09 10:41 AM
I don't usually play mahjong but found this game very enjoyable. It's a very clever mix of of various game types - puzzle, mahjong, hidden objects etc and the mini games were quite fun! My favorite was the bingo, it was similar to my earlier no1 game, Twistingo. Kudos to you Alwaysneat!

[Post New]by joysbrd on Feb 7, 09 11:49 AM
I just downloaded this game and have be unable to save my game. I got throught the first wood amulet section and when i closed the game and reintered I was put back to the beginning as if I had never played. What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by gigi10317 on Feb 9, 09 2:22 PM
I loved this game & had gotten to the last amulet when my virus scan quarentined it because of a "back door" program in the code. I've tried to restore it & re-downloaded it, and managed a couple of more levels with the virus scan turned off, but as soon as I turn it back on, the program disappears into quarentine. What can I do?

ionadryer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ionadryer on Feb 11, 09 7:29 PM
gigi10317 wrote:I loved this game & had gotten to the last amulet when my virus scan quarentined it because of a "back door" program in the code. I've tried to restore it & re-downloaded it, and managed a couple of more levels with the virus scan turned off, but as soon as I turn it back on, the program disappears into quarentine. What can I do?
I'm having the same issue. I can't open the game anymore. I had it for 10 days before it disappeared. I tried to download it again, but the quarantine gets it again. Is it safe to play with the virus scan turned off?

[Post New]by Babbala on Feb 12, 09 1:03 AM
Don't worry, the BF games are guaranteed virusfree. Unfortunately the antivirus programs sometimes falsely identifies the games as harmful. You can read some useful info on this page:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=165

Some useful advices from Picman and Gentlsong:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/20/19909.page

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 02/12/2009 at 1:17:20 AM PST

[Post New]by patmltc on Feb 15, 09 4:53 AM
Are there shortcut keys to go from full screen to window and to pause the game when I need to go to other screens, like checking email?

Thanks,

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Feb 15, 09 5:44 AM
patmltc wrote:Are there shortcut keys to go from full screen to window and to pause the game when I need to go to other screens, like checking email?

Thanks,

hi pat ~ in most games just hitting your windows key (bottom left or right tween alt and ctrl keys) will autopause and minimize the game to your taskbar ~ when you want to resume game just click the tab in taskbar and it comes back to desktop

loving this game!

Whitenurse
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Whitenurse on Jun 9, 10 7:54 PM
Love the game and the music........can we please have another one the same with HOG, puzzels and mahjong....maybe different story, but keep the beautiful music.
regards
Kaz
Downunder Oz

[Post New]by Dianne34 on Sep 5, 11 7:01 AM
I love this game! So much fun.

[Post New]by Sapphire_64 on Aug 5, 12 5:39 AM
I have just started playing this game and love it, but would like to play it without the timer but i'm still being timed and as i'm not a fast player i keep running out of time. If someone could please advise how to play the untimed game i would be grateful as i have tried everything but still get the timed game.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Aug 5, 12 5:47 AM
Hi Sapphire,Welcome to the forum!
This is one of my favorite games to replay/pass the time.
On the intro page click menu,then game settings/options, then relaxed mode... and whatever other options you wish including your Mahjong tile choices.Then I play Adventure mode.

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 08/05/2012 at 5:50:15 AM PST

[Post New]by Sapphire_64 on Aug 5, 12 7:47 AM
Thankyou so much for your message explaning what to do. I have been on the phone to my daughter in the UK for the last couple of hours so will look forward to playing again tomorrow this time without the clock beating me LOL.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Aug 5, 12 11:12 AM
Awww, you are very welcome. I am happy to help another enjoy this really nice game.

[Post New]by beadaddict on Nov 3, 12 7:50 AM
I just found this game. Does anyone know of other games from this developer?

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 8, 12 9:32 AM
Enjoyed this little "no-brainer" game...a good game to relax with. I just finished the standard level so far. Be sure to have your readers on though because the items are small. A lot of different things to do but after awhile they do start to repeat themselves which got a bit tedious. One thing I really tired of playing Mahjong.

I would recommend. I actually gave up a game credit for it and don't regret it. I will probably continue to play the extras like I do with Fishdom as a filler while waiting for other games to download. If you like playing lots of little games, you will enjoy this.

Another thing that drove me nuts; although the music was very relaxing....it did constantly loop with a pause between loops which got monotonous.

For the kind of game it is I give it a 4.5 .

[Post New]by prsimes1941 on Sep 29, 13 4:06 PM
Even though I have owned this game since 1/14/09, I am unable to bring it up.
It is pretty much the only game I play and I have followed all of your instructions to get it to activate. It tells me that I own it. I have tried re-downloading the game and it will not do it. Any suggestions?
I am able to bring up other games that I own.
Patsy Simes

Go to: