Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by 3dogmom on Sep 18, 11 9:17 AM
No problem downloading, simply still can't play ANY of BF's games. About ready to tear my hair out. Anyone else having similar problems?

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Sep 18, 11 9:24 AM
3dogmom wrote:No problem downloading, simply still can't play ANY of BF's games. About ready to tear my hair out. Anyone else having similar problems?
See the "All Games Crashing" thread. It seems there is a problem with McAfee and many others are having the same problem.

[Post New]by 3dogmom on Sep 18, 11 9:35 AM
Thanks. Will give it a try. )

[Post New]by kaydonn on Sep 18, 11 10:22 AM
I am also having problems with games I have bought months ago
they load start and then shut down, I have also noticed that my computer is slow to respond,and this only happened when the new MSN hotmail home page was updated,

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Sep 18, 11 10:30 AM
Another game I can't play.....come on get it together

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Sep 18, 11 11:06 AM
Well, my drivers and IE are up-to-date and I don't use McAfee virus protection, so now what? I won't be reconfiguring my entire computer to accomodate BF games and the obnoxious Game Manager. So maybe I'll just spend my time and money on my Kindle.

[Post New]by sparrowhawk on Sep 18, 11 11:09 AM
I have been really busy lately so was late in downloading this game. I did finally down load it, had no problems...I was too late in doing the survey...:-(...I love this game...would love to play it to the end...it says 'i own this game' but won't get past the trial period...any suggestions?

jlbaughn1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jlbaughn1 on Sep 18, 11 11:21 AM
Well, along with the rest of you, I downloaded the game, the window closed instead of letting me play, and when I clicked the game icon the window opened telling me my free trial was over. What is up with all the technical issues lately???

EWK24
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by EWK24 on Sep 18, 11 11:25 AM
Downloaded the trial, open game, opening scene begins, and ZAP- back to game manager! "THANKS FOR PLAYING!" ??????? I have not been able to PLAY at all. I tried skipping the opening dialogue, but it cut off immediately thereafter.

dachawawa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by dachawawa on Sep 18, 11 11:53 AM
LakotaShaman wrote:I had all the same problems - frequent crashing, slow d/l, etc - then contacted cust serv as this all started after the new game mgr. They told me to update to the latest version of Internet Explorer and it should help, I did and the problems went away. It worked for me, maybe it will help someone else.

I'm trying to play on a brand new computer....I mean I just bought it yesterday, so I'm sure my Internet Explorer is the latest version. It still closes out and goes back to GM every minute.

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Sep 18, 11 1:17 PM
the game downloaded alright, but it crashes after 10 minutes of play. I play again, it crashes again. I'm certain it will be a really fun, great game to play once the bugs are worked out. I love it, but it isn't so much fun playing when I'm only able to play for 10 minutes and then CRASH! it's the weekend, so the only thing to do is....wait. and it isn't my computer or my security system. it's the game or the game manager - bugs need to be worked out...

[Post New]by dewdrop1024 on Sep 18, 11 1:51 PM
gosh..at least I'm not the only one with problems with this game...BUT--when you first click on it--I don't get any buttons--no buy no try ???? I didn't read all of the posts for this game...and seems there are a lot of problems-didn't see anyone else who doesn't even have the option of buying or trying ...does anyone have any suggestions...
already tried a couple ways of getting it to come up--also shut down and re-tried..I also was thinking of buying b/c of the weekend sale--darn it !!
hope the problems get straightened out...I've been lucky-have only had 2 or 3 games not work for me and none of them recently...

good luck everyone...
update--was able to click on "try this" at top of this page of tech issues...it did load..took about 6--8 minutes tho...really really long time with this computer...but at least it is running....no problems and have been playing it for at least a couple hrs...hope everyone else gets same results soon

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 7:55:57 PM PST

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 18, 11 3:43 PM
I got error code 3. i don't know what that is, it's not on the BFG list.

magmitch
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by magmitch on Sep 18, 11 3:58 PM
je_peche wrote:Having the same issue here, too. Game runs, I click "play" and as the intro begins, the game closes and goes straight to GM. what's the deal?? Is there a fix?

Thanks - Pam

I have had this problem with this game as well as the game yesterday. I figured it should be something wrong with my computer. I was able to play the demo Play Pond, so it appears that this is a BFG problem. It is very dissappointnig to me as I have been BFG for many years, but lately games have required so much extra work to get to work. This has been a great source for games for me that I can trust, I wish it could be this again.

magmitch
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by magmitch on Sep 18, 11 3:58 PM
je_peche wrote:Having the same issue here, too. Game runs, I click "play" and as the intro begins, the game closes and goes straight to GM. what's the deal?? Is there a fix?

Thanks - Pam

I have had this problem with this game as well as the game yesterday. I figured it should be something wrong with my computer. I was able to play the demo Play Pond, so it appears that this is a BFG problem. It is very dissappointnig to me as I have been BFG for many years, but lately games have required so much extra work to get to work. This has been a great source for games for me that I can trust, I wish it could be this again.

[Post New]by iceejo on Sep 18, 11 4:34 PM
Would not even start although will allow you to type your name. BF what is happening to your site??? Second game in a row with same type of troulbe. Not me other games from other sites play well.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Sep 18, 11 4:38 PM
- Downloaded game, but it took 18 minutes to activate and immediately informed me my trial had expired! I didn't even get to see the game in my game manager - let alone play it!

Not sure why, but I shut down the game manager and rebooted and I was able to play the demo. Since the new GM came out I've been having very poor download results.

The only "technical" issue I have with the game is the horrible purple stuff for clicking to much! If the items are to small to see - one naturally "clicks" until they find it!

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 8:56:35 PM PST

bonny1957
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by bonny1957 on Sep 18, 11 5:26 PM
I am having the same problem I had with the maze demo it just shuts down every 60 seconds or so. Have tried all of the help things nothing helps there is no error just keeps shutting down that is 2 games in 2 days. Help

[Post New]by Kittyluvr22 on Sep 18, 11 6:38 PM
I'm having the same problems that everyone else seems to have. Game starts and after just a few minutes, it shuts off and goes back to the GM......same problem with Urban Legends also. I won't buy it unseen either, so guess I'll just have to wait till the SE comes out. Maybe that one will run long enough to at least get through the first **** scene.

[Post New]by dewdrop1024 on Sep 18, 11 7:48 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I didn't encounter any problems during the 10 minutes of trial play...but since I bought it over an hour ago, I still haven't been able to play. It is still at 75%, and creeping slower than a giant snail in Florida, trying to get away from the catchers.

I was wondering-were you installing game from the "buy " screen?? I also did that...and couldn't get it to load for anything....I got off that screen, and went to purchase history...I installed from there--it took about 6-8 min. and all was good...if your still having problems installing just thought it might work for you also...

good luck

Go to: